What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buffs fought hard

Darnold was the better QB out there today and usually had better protection. If the Buffs keep improving, though, that may not be the case next year. I'd bet Montez can even the score.

Got into the backfield lots. Darnold was just too fast and elusive. He made our pass rushers look slow. To me this comes down to the well known speed deficiencies of our LBs

I can out of this game with a new appreciation for Derek McCartney's skill set

We got beat upfront, it sounded pretty obvious. I'm disappointed but not mad about our squad, they did what they could. Proud of how they fought their ass off. They are getting there, it'll happen, takes time.

Random thoughts - Great fight in our team but as other said, we don't have as many athletes as USC, YET. Needed more push from the DL.
USC will be ranked by the EOY.
WSU proved Stanford is beatable on the road - Buffs can definitely win this game.
Washington is the class of the PAC-12. I don't see them losing another regular season game.
WSU is going to be a tougher out that I originally thought. Glad we have them at home.
All will feel right again after we put a whoopin' on ASU next week.
Buffs still right in there to win the south.

USC is on a down year and the undisciplined crotch stomping Trojans still beat Colorado to go 11-0 in this series, and that pisses me off more than anything. Narrow defeats against USC have gotten old.

Isn't USC still lacking seniors due to sanctions? This was a prime opportunity to finally make a statement, and CU didn't capitalize. Ouch.

Looks like CU may face three more years of Darnold and can expect even a more seasoned USC team full of future NFL guys coming to Boulder next year.

The day can't come soon enough when CU is on the winning side of recruiting battles for OL talent that can dominate and intimidate USC.

CU's defense forced four turnovers, but, unfortunately, the Buff offense wasn't able to generate points from that. Holding USC to just three scores was as good of an outcome as could be expected. The D did their part to keep CU in the game.

CU's O-Line failed to give the pass protection nor rush blocks against the Trojan line. Seems like the Buff's front five is missing the size, technique, and depth that is needed to push USC defenders around. Just one second more time in the pocket is what Montez could have used to have had a better passing day. A big intimidating RB would be nice, too.

Pendergast's defense locked down the Buffs offense. The Montez to Bobo to Lindsey trick play and Lindsey's up the middle run were the rare bright spots in a Buffs offense that otherwise sputtered. It's been since Cody Hawkins played that so many QB tipped passes were an issue. SC had their fingers on a bunch of Montez throws. The deep ball was all but taken away.

Sure hope the Buffs were able to leverage this SoCal trip and plant some seeds and recruit bigger and faster athletes to come to Boulder. This game was a recruiting loss as much as anything. SC's talent won the day.

Time to flush and focus on ASU and stopping Ballage. Sparky is the other P12 monkey on CU's back. I'm confident CU has the talent to snap this ugly losing streak.

I was not a big fan of the offensive game plan. The lack of production put added stress on the defense and special teams.

I hope the coaches learn and improve next week.

1880.jpg
I was not a big fan of the offensive game plan. The lack of production put added stress on the defense and special teams.

I hope the coaches learn and improve next week.

Thanks Dan Hawkins Avatar. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I'm pretty happy even though we lost. We didn't get skunked and we quit. We had an answer for most of their game. We lacked the big play on offense.

Part of me thinks Sefo should have been left in. As a senior with so much experience his reads might have been better. That said Montez is playing nicely. They had a few more playmakers than we do. We're close.

I'm pretty happy even though we lost. We didn't get skunked and we quit. We had an answer for most of their game. We lacked the big play on offense.

Part of me thinks Sefo should have been left in. As a senior with so much experience his reads might have been better. That said Montez is playing nicely. They had a few more playmakers than we do. We're close.
We are close...our lines need to be bigger, faster and stronger. We looked JV against those monsters.

USC is on a down year and the undisciplined crotch stomping Trojans still beat Colorado to go 11-0 in this series, and that pisses me off more than anything. Narrow defeats against USC have gotten old.

Isn't USC still lacking seniors due to sanctions? This was a prime opportunity to finally make a statement, and CU didn't capitalize. Ouch.

Looks like CU may face three more years of Darnold and can expect even a more seasoned USC team full of future NFL guys coming to Boulder next year.

The day can't come soon enough when CU is on the winning side of recruiting battles for OL talent that can dominate and intimidate USC.

CU's defense forced four turnovers, but, unfortunately, the Buff offense wasn't able to generate points from that. Holding USC to just three scores was as good of an outcome as could be expected. The D did their part to keep CU in the game.

CU's O-Line failed to give the pass protection nor rush blocks against the Trojan line. Seems like the Buff's front five is missing the size, technique, and depth that is needed to push USC defenders around. Just one second more time in the pocket is what Montez could have used to have had a better passing day. A big intimidating RB would be nice, too.

Pendergast's defense locked down the Buffs offense. The Montez to Bobo to Lindsey trick play and Lindsey's up the middle run were the rare bright spots in a Buffs offense that otherwise sputtered. It's been since Cody Hawkins played that so many QB tipped passes were an issue. SC had their fingers on a bunch of Montez throws. The deep ball was all but taken away.

Sure hope the Buffs were able to leverage this SoCal trip and plant some seeds and recruit bigger and faster athletes to come to Boulder. This game was a recruiting loss as much as anything. SC's talent won the day.

Time to flush and focus on ASU and stopping Ballage. Sparky is the other P12 monkey on CU's back. I'm confident CU has the talent to snap this ugly losing streak.
Fair assessment. This game was about talent and depth of talent. Despite USCs recent turmoil, they are righting their ship and they're doing it with talent. CUs lack of top tier talent was the difference and there's no arguing that's been a deficiency here. Leavitt and co worked a bit of magic yesterday to make the game appear closer than it was. Without that, this game would have been much worse.

We'll see what the team takes from the experience, I would hope quite a bit. As a fan, I took that there is a vision going forward. We can actually talk about getting where we Need to be instead of just hoping to get there. They will, had to get slapped in the baby nuts first last night. Part of learning, look at the shape the program has been in. I feel good about it going forward.

We are a bowl team. I believe after six games this is safe to say. We still have a ways to go to be a national powerhouse. If we can mirror the first half of the season in the second half, we could be 8-4 and go to a respectable bowl. If we do this, we hold on to most, if not all of our current recruiting class and make some nice additions at the end. We are poised to take the next step the following season. Personally I could have asked for much more than this going into the season.

The team fought hard yesterday, and Colorado football is so much better this year than the last 10 or more I have very little to complain about at this point.

We are a bowl team. I believe after six games this is safe to say. We still have a ways to go to be a national powerhouse. If we can mirror the first half of the season in the second half, we could be 8-4 and go to a respectable bowl. If we do this, we hold on to most, if not all of our current recruiting class and make some nice additions at the end. We are poised to take the next step the following season. Personally I could have asked for much more than this going into the season.

The team fought hard yesterday, and Colorado football is so much better this year than the last 10 or more I have very little to complain about at this point.
I was just hoping for a way to make a bowl game at the start of the year. Now I'm a bit disapointed that we won't go 11-1, but...hey. Perspective. Almost beat USC at USC. People think they are a bad team, but they only lost to good teams. Yes, they are not Alabama, and they did quit on themselves at Alabama, but we are also not Alabama and could not make them quit on themselves. But we are getting better. And we are in the mix. Just beat ASU. Then worry about the next game. It will all take care of itself. And maybe we can play UW for the P12CCG. That won't be pretty, but I'd love for it to happen. Then go get bigger, faster, stronger players and keep moving up.

If it's not clear, I'm agreeing with you Swish.

Defense was fantastic, to keep us in the game. Thank you JMFL. The game really came down some amazing athletic plays by USC. For example, the receiver that went over the top of Weatherspoon(?) to catch the ball. The guy that caught that interception and with a ballet move able to stretch out his leg to touch in bounds. The big scramble by the Darnold to make that throw to turn into a TD.

The story of the game was talent differential on the front seven. Their defensive line and linebackers controlled our offensive line, and their offensive line was stronger than our defensive line and linebackers. We do have far better talent than any point in the last 5 years, however, we still need a couple of years to catch completely up.

I think had we had a healthy Sefo he would have played and we would have won. Montez was not able to adjust to what SC was doing against him much of the game.
Sefo wasn't healthy though. You could see on the sidelines and on the few plays he was in that he didn't have the mobility and strength in the ankle. Our OL was getting dominated and without the ability to effectively move away from pressure and with little to no threat of the QB as a runner Sefo would have been rocked all day. To high a chance of either developing some other injury or re-injuring the ankle he has.

More important to give Sefo the time to get healthy and be available for the rest of the season.

The Buffs fought as hard as they could considering the "many-star" talent on the other side.

Leavitt says

Jim Leavitt ‏@CoachJimLeavitt 23h23 hours ago
Bottom line. Our job on defense is to get the ball back to the offense. We didn't do that enough. No excuses. Must get better. Go Buffs

I am waiting for Lindgren, and Chevs, and Mac2 to tweet about the game.

Prediction

Lindgren will tweet nothing
Chev will tweet rah rah
Mac will tweet nothing

Go Buffs,

Back to the new old way

The Buffs fought as hard as they could considering the "many-star" talent on the other side.

Leavitt says

Bottom line. Our job on defense is to get the ball back to the offense. We didn't do that enough. No excuses. Must get better. Go Buffs

Prediction

Chev will tweet rah rah
Mac will tweet nothing

Go Buffs,

Back to the new old way
Holy **** dude, give it a ****ing rest

Leavitt says

Prediction

Chev will tweet rah rah
Mac will tweet nothing

Go Buffs,

Back to the new old way
are you really caring about what our coaches are tweeting about a loss?

Grow up please.

But I found a Mac comment.

“We didn’t play Colorado football,” MacIntyre said. “We didn’t play hard and fast like we’re capable of doing. They (the Trojans) are a good team and had something to do with that, but we didn’t play as well as we could have.”

are you really caring about what our coaches are tweeting about a loss?

Grow up please.
Okay then. I am caring about how the coaches take responsibility.

Funny how Leavitt quotes/tweets are posted on here isn't it?

Why there is a whole thread about him and what he says and does.

Okay then. I am caring about how the coaches take responsibility.

Funny how Leavitt quotes/tweets are posted on here isn't it?

Why there is a whole thread about him and what he says and does.

Do you even YouTube, bro? Or is Twitter the only flavor of media that counts?
4:50 mark (and the whole presser) is about coaching responsibility.

They'll be fine, let lthem learn a bit. When is the last time we had a team that did? Umm, quite awhile.

Can't speak for anyone so no argument here. Only thing ill say is icgaf about any of those networks. What the team thinks, I'm down with that.

But I found a Mac comment.

“We didn’t play Colorado football,” MacIntyre said. “We didn’t play hard and fast like we’re capable of doing. They (the Trojans) are a good team and had something to do with that, but we didn’t play as well as we could have.”
Is that a tweet?

Leavitt says

Prediction

Chev will tweet rah rah
Mac will tweet nothing

Go Buffs,

Back to the new old way

Are you mad because we lost?
Is that loss unacceptable?
If so, based on what?
What personal control (to justify your anger) did you have over that loss?

Back