What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buffs vs TCU - Sept 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
More importantly, what's the barometric pressure going to be? If the UV rating is over 6.2, I don't like CU's chances. And don't get me started on a south-easterly wind. DOOMED.
It is more simpler than that... I don't like it because it is too early.

(we are on AllBuffs... go with the most simplest answer)

The TCU game is going to be very interesting for this team. A loss likely won’t tell us much, but a CU win with a bunch of new players and a new coaching staff would indicate that CU’s rebuild is way ahead of schedule.

Just for clarity, I'm a dad of a daughter that just wants to give her safe advice. She has said she doesn't want to go to Greek houses, and when I mentioned dark horse, she was the one that said it's a bar. I told her to check out the memorial center, where they have bowling and billiards, cause she said they have tvs and food there. So I assume they will have the game.

I want to thank you all, but didn't want ya thinking I'm an 18 year old female freshman! 😁
Things may have changed (haven’t been in a few years), but during the day, the dark horse is mostly a restaurant. I used to go there to watch away games (and NFL every Sunday) when I was a freshman.

Just for clarity, I'm a dad of a daughter that just wants to give her safe advice. She has said she doesn't want to go to Greek houses, and when I mentioned dark horse, she was the one that said it's a bar. I told her to check out the memorial center, where they have bowling and billiards, cause she said they have tvs and food there. So I assume they will have the game.

I want to thank you all, but didn't want ya thinking I'm an 18 year old female freshman! 😁
To be clear, the Dark Horse is a bar and can get rowdy at night, but during the day it's very family friendly and safe (I would think) for a freshman or group of freshmen. The food is good. They also used to have a student meal deal where one could get a burger, fries, and a soft drink for ~$8/9 bucks too. This game is on at 10:00, so it's worth checking to see if they will open early.

The UMC will likely have the game, but I don't think the atmosphere would be very good.

Only bc it’s cursory TCU…

Interesting that it is Easton Stick that beats him out and is set at 2nd string. Easton Stick (Creighton Prep/Omaha) and Max Duggan (Lewis Central/Council Bluffs) went to high schools that are 5-10 miles apart from each other. Stick was a star at North Dakota State. Greatest job in Sports in a Backup QB for 15 years, ask our Missouri buddy Chase Daniel (Career Earnings of $42,000,000)

Interesting that it is Easton Stick that beats him out and is set at 2nd string. Easton Stick (Creighton Prep/Omaha) and Max Duggan (Lewis Central/Council Bluffs) went to high schools that are 5-10 miles apart from each other. Stick was a star at North Dakota State. Greatest job in Sports in a Backup QB for 15 years, ask our Missouri buddy Chase Daniel (Career Earnings of $42,000,000)
It’s a great job for people like me who have no desire to be hit by massive LBs for a living, but doesn’t a player want to actually play? It’s a great payday without having to do much actual work, but I don’t know if the greatest job in sports is standing on the sideline.

To be clear, the Dark Horse is a bar and can get rowdy at night, but during the day it's very family friendly and safe (I would think) for a freshman or group of freshmen. The food is good. They also used to have a student meal deal where one could get a burger, fries, and a soft drink for ~$8/9 bucks too. This game is on at 10:00, so it's worth checking to see if they will open early.

The UMC will likely have the game, but I don't think the atmosphere would be very good.
I agree with all of this, having formerly worked there and continue to bring my family there for pre-game festivities when not doing a tailgate.

Also, they've confirmed they are opening will be open by kickoff for the TCU game and even earlier for the NU game (8am, IIRC).

Does anyone know for sure what our base defense will be? I thought it was 2-4-5 but I can't find anything concrete. Maybe 3-4?

It’s a great job for people like me who have no desire to be hit by massive LBs for a living, but doesn’t a player want to actually play? It’s a great payday without having to do much actual work, but I don’t know if the greatest job in sports is standing on the sideline.
As long as the buzz is on, they should have a Jumbo-tron in Mackey, with the 2nd team cheerleaders, 20 band members. For sure for TCU and nebraska.

Does anyone know for sure what our base defense will be? I thought it was 2-4-5 but I can't find anything concrete. Maybe 3-4?
Everything I've seen assumes 2-4-5. I don't think we have enough DTs/legit full time DEs to run a 3-4 as the base D.

Yeah, for fat **** Lazy Boy recliner jockeys.
NFL Football is part passion and part job (condensing a lifetime into 4-12 years
Chase Daniel has made $42 Million by playing football on and off for 15 years, without major injury, and he is a Super Bowl Champion with the Saints
He has the rest of his life and may have escaped the CTE tragedy
Does everyone want to be Tom Brady, of course, but if it is just the Job part, then lifetime backup is a good job

I can tell I (don’t) pay attention to local HS sports…didn’t know that either of these kids are from the Omaha/CB metro area (or that Noah Fant was from Omaha…until he was traded).

I don’t know much about Lewis Central, other than their soccer teams are supposed to be good, and it seems like a small town school within Council Bluffs.

Prep on the other hand was a football/baseball/swimming/soccer (sometimes basketball) powerhouse before, during, and after my HS days. I remember in baseball my HS was a 1-2 loss team going in the playoffs my sophomore year in 1997, with a veteran/senior laden team, and were bounced out by Prep like 15 or 16 to 3. I think it was at that moment the long standing “we’re a baseball school” for my HS evaporated in that sunny afternoon in May…

Guy plays all the time. He doesn’t get game action but he’s constantly playing football.

- Can choose to live anonymously within his community if he wants to.
- Has been tackled maybe 12 total times since he left college.
- Aforementioned $42,000,000 in career earnings.
- Very unlikely to have long term negative physical effects from his career.
- Can almost certainly have a long career as a coordinator or other coach after he retires.

Sign me up for the Chase Daniel career all day. This is my introvert nature talking, but honestly given the choice between living out his full life (inclusive of post-playing career) or Tom Brady’s, I’ll take his 10 times out of 10. I’d try to not get caught eating my boogers on national TV though.

Guy plays all the time. He doesn’t get game action but he’s constantly playing football.

- Can choose to live anonymously within his community if he wants to.
- Has been tackled maybe 12 total times since he left college.
- Aforementioned $42,000,000 in career earnings.
- Very unlikely to have long term negative physical effects from his career.
- Can almost certainly have a long career as a coordinator or other coach after he retires.

Sign me up for the Chase Daniel career all day. This is my introvert nature talking, but honestly given the choice between living out his full life (inclusive of post-playing career) or Tom Brady’s, I’ll take his 10 times out of 10. I’d try to not get caught eating my boogers on national TV though.
Again it’s sounds great to me, but I’m not a professional athlete who actually wants to play. He has 273 passing attempts in a 13 year career - that’s not playing football with all due respect.

Does it beat sitting at a desk in middle management, hell yes, but do you think he’s rather be a starter in the league? I bet yes.

unimpressed jerk off motion GIF

Again it’s sounds great to me, but I’m not a professional athlete who actually wants to play. He has 273 passing attempts in a 13 year career - that’s not playing football with all due respect.

Does it beat sitting at a desk in middle management, hell yes, but do you think he’s rather be a starter in the league? I bet yes.
Heck yes he wanted to be a starter, he came into the league wanting to be a franchise guy like everyone does, but if the league says, sorry, you are a reliable backup, then embrace the hell out of that, work hard and be available as needed. I bet he does become a coach, cause I have heard he is a great teammate.

My brother went to the Army and was put into a Vulcan Air Defense group that was stationed in Germany. There were like 4 guys in each Gun System team or whatever they called it. All 4 were trained the same way and worked hard to become the #1 Gunner, and my brother landed as #2, so he shot it once in a while, but there was a definite #1 that was just better at shooting **** down.

#2-#4 are still critical and could save the day. Chase is always a #2 and is always there to do his job. Amazing how many guys drop out of the league because they realize they are #2 or #3 and their competitiveness actually runs them out of the league.

The gun is just so amazing as it is on so many planes, tanks, ground, helicopters, and ship mounts. 1,000 rounds a minute is just amazing.

Heck yes he wanted to be a starter, he came into the league wanting to be a franchise guy like everyone does, but if the league says, sorry, you are a reliable backup, then embrace the hell out of that, work hard and be available as needed. I bet he does become a coach, cause I have heard he is a great teammate.

My brother went to the Army and was put into a Vulcan Air Defense group that was stationed in Germany. There were like 4 guys in each Gun System team or whatever they called it. All 4 were trained the same way and worked hard to become the #1 Gunner, and my brother landed as #2, so he shot it once in a while, but there was a definite #1 that was just better at shooting **** down.

#2-#4 are still critical and could save the day. Chase is always a #2 and is always there to do his job. Amazing how many guys drop out of the league because they realize they are #2 or #3 and their competitiveness actually runs them out of the league.

The gun is just so amazing as it is on so many planes, tanks, ground, helicopters, and ship mounts. 1,000 rounds a minute is just amazing.

What in the hell are you blathering about? You can’t argue it’s the “greatest job in sports” when they guy who has that job aspires to a different job.

Going with 5 others....Section 412. And, joining RG for a booster dinner on Thursday night. Not sure why the world was re-aligned last December, but I am all in, bitches.
I was invited to this dinner thing on Thursday, BUT I am flying in early Friday :( so I cannot attend. See you at Buffs Bash! Section 413 here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back