What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Butch Jones Decision Day Thread

Unless confirmed, I highly doubt this. Cincinnati is simply not in the same league (literally) as Colorado. Especially when it sounds like we have very deep pockets (Solich) personally backing this hire.

I got that from a Cincinnati reporter:

Joe Danneman ‏@FOX19Joe I am told the UC administration has told Butch Jones money should not be a factor in his decision and UC would match offer if he wants.

Saw a tweet from Dave Krieger on my phone

Lance McAllister of WLW in Cincinnati tells us on #850KOA he would be money that Butch Jones stays at UC and says so in the next 24- 48 hours.

Well if he waits that long he will be staying in Cincy because I don't think Bohn would wait that long.

Now I am getting cold feet. Not entirely comfortable with how Jones has gone about today... Doesn't feel like a coach who is enamored with another university.

Does Reed's laptop still have coffee on it? Haven't seen anything from him in a long while.

Now I am getting cold feet. Not entirely comfortable with how Jones has gone about today... Doesn't feel like a coach who is enamored with another university.

Well, he didn't eliminate us like he did Purdue. It can't be easy leaving a team of 90 guys you recruited and worked with over a long period of time. He has 5 kids to move as well - so tough decision, especially if Cinncy is going to match the money

This is starting to look like a 7th grade girl torn between who she will go to the dance with.

I'm getting a bad feeling about this. I think we would have heard something by now if he were going to come to CU. I hope Bohn is keeping the communications lines open with his other choices. I suspect we'll need to be having a discussion about DeRuyter or Mendenhall soon.

Baby, if you ever wondered, wondered whatever became of me.
I'm livin on the air in Cincinnati, Cincinnati WKRP.
Got kind of tired of packin' and unpackin'.
Town to town, up and down the dial.
Maybe you and me were never meant to be.
Just maybe think of me once in a while...

It's over. Time to start looking for someone else. He would have accepted by now if he was going to take the job. Mood in Dal Ward is extremely sour right now from what I hear.

It's over. Time to start looking for someone else. He would have accepted by now if he was going to take the job. Mood in Dal Ward is extremely sour right now from what I hear.

If true, it should be. AD poured a lot of effort and emotion into this hire.

Well, he didn't eliminate us like he did Purdue. It can't be easy leaving a team of 90 guys you recruited and worked with over a long period of time. He has 5 kids to move as well - so tough decision, especially if Cinncy is going to match the money

Yeah, he's got to make a huge life decision, I'm sure it's not easy...

I just don't like that he's trying to ignore the elephant in the room. On on hand, his first obligation is to his current team and I respect that. On the other hand, holding press conferences, meeting with players, etc. while you've got another team holding up their search on your behalf is disrespectful to CU. We have no choice but to respect his decision making, but he's putting us in a tough spot this evening.

Back