What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bye Week Hate Thread

Scotch is nectar of the gods. They range very much in their individual taste, so if you have an opportunity to do a tasting where there are several brands, try it. It can be shocking how much variance there is between distillers.
The fact that Ardbeg and Glenlivet are both called "Scotch" shows how broad the term is. It's like comparing 85% cacao dark chocolate to white chocolate - you can't just call them both "chocolate" and have the term be all that meaningful.

The fact that Ardbeg and Glenlivet are both called "Scotch" shows how broad the term is. It's like comparing 85% cacao dark chocolate to white chocolate - you can't just call them both "chocolate" and have the term be all that meaningful.
My Wife: "I like Soctch"

Me (with a Laphroaig): "Yeeaahh??"

My Wife: "This Chardonnay cask aged Glenmorangie is terrific."

Me: "Yes dear."

Can't like this enough!

My wife got me a bottle of Lagavulin for my birthday that I went through entirely too quickly. I’m new to the world of scotch, but I’m loving the peaty ones. Laphroaig included.
You are going down a wonderful path, and will meet classy, urbane and sophisticated people. Welcome to the club!

Now as far as the weenie and beans washed down with a warm stale PBR crowd goes, they wear red and have a big N on their shirts. Uncouth, uneducated, and low...

Give us your critique. I love it. What do you prefer?
Honestly my favorites are Yellow Rose, Makers 46, Revival. But when the exchange sells Woodford Reserve (although it’s a little on the sweet side, esp for Manhattans) for $19.95, i usually pick up 2.
Wyoming tends to be a little earthy and rough for me and very inconsistent (as mentioned before, the barrel matters). Plus I like more complex savory flavors - vanilla, caramel and less earthy.

Rumor has it that due to CU’s history as blatantly obvious cheaters, (See 2017 Rocky Mountain Showdown & last weeks glorious win over the Nubs) bye week is actually going to have Federal Agents standing by on the sidelines to deter any exploits by the Buffs. **** you bye week

Honestly my favorites are Yellow Rose, Makers 46, Revival. But when the exchange sells Woodford Reserve (although it’s a little on the sweet side, esp for Manhattans) for $19.95, i usually pick up 2.
Wyoming tends to be a little earthy and rough for me and very inconsistent (as mentioned before, the barrel matters). Plus I like more complex savory flavors - vanilla, caramel and less earthy.
Nice. I like the earthy notes and have only purchased 2 bottles so far, so no inconsistancy. Bourbon, haven't tried their rye. I haven't tried Yellow Rose or Revival, what to they run?

Nice. I like the earthy notes and have only purchased 2 bottles so far, so no inconsistancy. Bourbon, haven't tried their rye. I haven't tried Yellow Rose or Revival, what to they run?
If you’re talking price - they run about 45.
I was in a Bourbon of the Month club for about 3 years (returning from deployment was quite the nice haul). Got to try lots of stuff.

Where do you go to get your Pappy? Daveco wouldn't have it and neither would hazel's.

not worth the markup in my opinion. even the regular van winkles are selling for outrageous premiums. i have gotten a few bottles as gifts and that is about the best way to enjoy the stuff. one guy i know bought some special commemorative pack of one bottle of each of their varieties from some year that was supposed to be special or whatever. it was $10k. i don't even think he wants to drink them or likes whiskey. i think he just likes having them behind the bar.

Rumor has it that due to CU’s history as blatantly obvious cheaters, (See 2017 Rocky Mountain Showdown & last weeks glorious win over the Nubs) bye week is actually going to have Federal Agents standing by on the sidelines to deter any exploits by the Buffs. **** you bye week

My main problem with bye weeks is that the refs still accept envelopes stuffed full of Benjamin’s, but there are no favorable OPIs or roughing the passer non-calls about which to gloat.

1346674494-34914500.jpg

5df573ea3f7765df9a9a62bc0680ba24.jpg

I hate bye weeks (specifically this early in the season), but ****, if there was ever a good week to have one this was probably it! There always seems to be one particular week in a season that's straight up Twilight Zone - BC, VT, Oklahoma, TCU, UDub, Stanford/Oregon, Miss St, Wisconsin, Oklahoma State. Some were straight up loses. Some were too close for comfort. I'm just glad we weren't part of that.

Back