What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CBS has purchased Scout

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Scout.com will become part of CBS Sports Digital’s portfolio of properties, which include CBSSports.com, the CBS Sports apps for mobile and connected-TV devices, 247Sports, MaxPreps, CBS Sports fantasy games, and SportsLine. According to CBS, Scout will focus on sports teams and recruiting coverage, complementing 247Sports’ network of college and pro team sites and its subscription recruiting information services.

“We are very pleased to bring Scout Media into the CBS Sports Digital family and add their portfolio of team coverage to our premium, team-focused content offerings driven by 247Sports,” Jeffrey Gerttula, senior VP and GM of CBS Sports Digital, said in a statement. “This acquisition will fit perfectly into our goal to provide engaging content, from the national to the team level, for sports fans, and will enable us to deliver more value to individual team fanbases across all screens and devices, as well as create exciting cross-platform advertising opportunities.”

http://variety.com/2017/digital/news/cbs-bankrupt-scout-media-acquisition-1201975820/

Sounds like CBS plans to keep Scout independent from 247 instead of merging them. At least for now. They're saying part of a "portfolio" and pitching "cross-platform advertising". I'm not sure this is viable long-term, but they would probably need a couple years to work out software, content migration and publisher contracts if they wanted to merge Scout with 247, I'd think. I question whether there's really room for 3 premium services + ESPN's quasi-premium service in the market. Is there really enough subscription money to go around while employing all those analysts & publishers?

Sounds like CBS plans to keep Scout independent from 247 instead of merging them. At least for now. They're saying part of a "portfolio" and pitching "cross-platform advertising". I'm not sure this is viable long-term, but they would probably need a couple years to work out software, content migration and publisher contracts if they wanted to merge Scout with 247, I'd think. I question whether there's really room for 3 premium services + ESPN's quasi-premium service in the market. Is there really enough subscription money to go around while employing all those analysts & publishers?
This is classic short term revenue maximization. They will combine in time.

Plans for Scout released today (Terry is the Founder & CEO of 247sports):

Already put in for crystal balls

CU offers
100 percent Buffs lock

Please do this. We need a Buff guy to act like Oregon Guy, Longhorns Guy, Irish Guy, Baylor Guy, Trojan Guy and Husker Guy on these Crystal Ball predictions. It simply balances things out to make a better network. So, really, it wouldn't even be homerism... it would be an honest effort to improve your company's product. ;)

Looks like Scout is going to be the same format/ platform as 247sports. Also seems like it's a step toward merging the sites even though CBS has said they'll be kept separate. 247 Composite is going to be on Scout. They're also doing a Crystal Ball. Single database with different rankings for now?

:ROFLMAO: . Never made sense to keep them separate. Consolidation was the only thing that should have happened. As long as Adam's happy and workin, I'm happy. Although the 247 platform is gonna make me happier.

:ROFLMAO: . Never made sense to keep them separate. Consolidation was the only thing that should have happened. As long as Adam's happy and workin, I'm happy. Although the 247 platform is gonna make me happier.

Thanks for the support! The CBS acquisition was a huge positive for the Scout network. We will be moving to a new platform by the end of the month.

I get emails from Scout saying I'm entitled to a free couple of months, but then enter the code and it says I'm not eligible. Ugh --- thanks Scout.

For cord cutters, will you be able to watch cbs sports content live with a Scout subscription?

Thanks for the support! The CBS acquisition was a huge positive for the Scout network. We will be moving to a new platform by the end of the month.

Congrats.

Does this put you incharge of the old 247/buffscoop site?

Congrats.

Does this put you incharge of the old 247/buffscoop site?

Not my knowledge. They are keeping the Scout and 247 sites somewhat separate for now, although we will share a prospect database and the new BuffStampede will look similar to the old 247 Colorado site.

My Scout app kind of stopped working recently, so I deleted it and tried reinstalling it but can't find it in the App Store. Anybody else have the same issue with the app? Did they migrate to a new app?

My Scout app kind of stopped working recently, so I deleted it and tried reinstalling it but can't find it in the App Store. Anybody else have the same issue with the app? Did they migrate to a new app?

I get unable to reach server when I want to use it and it crashes when I want to open the settings. That's on an iPhone 6s+

I get unable to reach server when I want to use it and it crashes when I want to open the settings. That's on an iPhone 6s+
Yep, it said it can't connect to the internet... and definitely crashed routinely. Hopefully they are just merging to another platform or something

From Adam's post on Scout:
The iOS Scout app does not work with the new platform. We've been told that a new app will be created (for both iPhones and Androids) at some point in the future, but right now we do not have a time table for its release. I would recommend following these steps for creating a direct link to the board on your iPhone:
1.) Open the Safari browser on your iPhone
2.) Enter in BuffStampede.com and go to the site
3.) Click on the upper right-hand corner (the three gray lines) and click on Inside the Herd
4.) Click the middle button on the bottom (the box with the arrow pointing upward)
5.) Click on "Add to Home Screen"
6.) Change the text to BuffStampede or Inside the Herd (or whatever you'd prefer)
This will create a link on your home page that will take you directly to the board whenever you want to check in on the site. Articles will be linked to the board.
Until the new Scout app is created, this is the best alternative method to access the site from your iPhone.

Back