What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Chances of beating USC may be going up?

Don't see them packing it in as much as being unable to focus on the task at hand because they:

A) Let the cold get in their mind more than the game, and B) They didn't really focus all week on the game plan because they were looking ahead to UCLA

In the back of their minds, they now they are more talented than CU and that might give us an advantage with the cold and overconfidence if we come out and fight them like a junk yard dog

Hit those sissy Californians hard in the cold weather and they will want to go home fast. But we will still need them to cough up the ball at least a few times and then mistake free football from us. Longshot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last time they were here the SC players definitely had the cold on their minds. Lots of heavy coats, hats, mittens, and guys shivering before they even had time to actually get cold.

That said they still have so much better athletes that even if we play a perfect game they will be able to make plays on us.

They are 5-1 under Orgeron and for the most part have played very well. I don't think they are going to have a let down. The players seem to have bought into him as a coach and want to keep him there. I almost get a sense that they are playing for him to get the job. It also seems that he has learned a lot since his last stint as a HC and is a much better coach than before. There are a number of other coaches that failed at their early shots at HC jobs who then spent some time as assistants and came back with much more success.

I am hoping they don't hire him instead looking for a "name" coach who is more likely to fail there. At the same time hiring somebody other than Orgeron may lead some players to decide to go pro or transfer rather than stick with the program.

Last time they were here the SC players definitely had the cold on their minds. Lots of heavy coats, hats, mittens, and guys shivering before they even had time to actually get cold.

That said they still have so much better athletes that even if we play a perfect game they will be able to make plays on us.

They are 5-1 under Orgeron and for the most part have played very well. I don't think they are going to have a let down. The players seem to have bought into him as a coach and want to keep him there. I almost get a sense that they are playing for him to get the job. It also seems that he has learned a lot since his last stint as a HC and is a much better coach than before. There are a number of other coaches that failed at their early shots at HC jobs who then spent some time as assistants and came back with much more success.

I am hoping they don't hire him instead looking for a "name" coach who is more likely to fail there. At the same time hiring somebody other than Orgeron may lead some players to decide to go pro or transfer rather than stick with the program.

Before the fired Kiffin, USC was playing like crap. This trap game may be just enough of a mental break for them to revert back to old habits. That mentality won't last long and we either need to be ready to match it or be up comfortably enough to withstand it. No doubt USC has more play makers on their side, but so did OU in 2007. It can be done.

ybujesu7.jpg

Tickets on sale now...

http://web.pinstripebowl.com/index

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

go with the mizzery strategy-- water the field the night before so it turns icy as possible. negate their speed.

:woot:

So how is U$C playing in your opinion? They got up for a HUGE game, at home in front of a sold-out Coliseum. Furd's Hogan played like sh*t (a not uncommon occurance this year) and they won by the 3 pts. Furd gave back to 'em, with that ridiculously low trajectory FG block and stupid interception......wow...

Against Cal, the Cubbies gave the game away with two punts returned for TDs and a blocked punt returned for a TD, as well as two long runs by Allen...hard to judge $C by that massive "fail"on the part of Cal! Lost to the Domers, almost lost to AZ when that krazy QB led AZ back and had them on the verge of a tying TD. The only recent game they seemed to dominate was against the Beavs, but in that one, Beavs' QB Mannion threw three picks--two in the redzone and the Beavs f'ed up two FG attempts, still only losing by 17....so, just how are they playing right now? Other than Allen, who's looked great ....in nice warm weather!

I have no idea why you have a green rep stick.

New article in DC on this topic. Here's a quote indicating there could be something to this theory:

The USC sports information department provided these facts on the Trojans performance in cold weather games. The Trojans are 9-8-1 in cold weather games, which USC defines as being games where the weather was pointed to as having some effect on the game in media accounts. For instance, the Trojans lost last season at Notre Dame in a cold weather game. The temperatures were in the 40s.

Buffs need to come out and play the whole game like they did the first qtr. of the Oregon game and the Cal game. Shut down Lee (he is really a jekyl/hyde type player) and stop their run game. Our defense is going to have to get turnovers and hopefully help the offense by getting some points. Special teams can not turn the ball over and Oliver needs to get back in his groove. Buffs win.

Buffs need to come out and play the whole game like they did the first qtr. of the Oregon game and the Cal game. Shut down Lee (he is really a jekyl/hyde type player) and stop their run game. Our defense is going to have to get turnovers and hopefully help the offense by getting some points. Special teams can not turn the ball over and Oliver needs to get back in his groove. Buffs win.

Oh. Well that was simple.

If Kiffen was still the HC something like this might work. Get off to a good start and USC loses interest.

With Orgeron they haven't shown that tendancy. If they get behind they keep playing and their talent level eventually takes over.

I absolutely hope I am wrong and will be watching looking for a miracle but I just don't see it happening this year.

It would take many bad bounces and panic to have USC crumble. Not likely! Just want the Buffs to battle hard and "never give in".

Let's be a Pain in their ***! Make their trip as unpleasant as possible. Important well beyond our final record. Namely recruiting in the longer pull.

C'mon cold weather ! Liking the stats of USC playing in cold weather. Maybe we can bring a couple of dump truck loads of snow down the mountain and dump it on their sideline? Then make sure their heaters don't work, knock out the hot water heater in the visiting locker room, turn the air-conditioner on in there while we are at it.

Would love if our equipment staff could "lose" the sideline heaters.

The cold and the altitude may be just what we need.

I think everyone has watched a bit too much Mystery, Alaska.

ha ha

There would have to be a lot of breaks for us to have a chance in this game. Oliver would have to get back to the way he was in the beginning of the season, and O'Neill would have to have the game of his life, for one.

By Friday, people will be predicting the Buffs to win this game - and then complain hysterically when they don't.

I haven't seen one person on here "complain hysterically" when we lost. Some people (including me) like to be optimistic. Some of you people are giant ****ing sticks in the mud. It's almost as if some of you are more concerned with being right than being a fan. Who gives a s*** if your "prediction" is correct? Lighten up and have some fun. Isn't that what being a fan is about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't seen one person on here "complain hysterically" when we lost. Some people (including me) like to be optimistic. Some of you people are giant ****ing sticks in the mud. It's almost as if some of you are more concerned with being right than being a fan. Who gives a s*** if your "prediction" is correct? Lighten up and have some fun. Isn't that what being a fan is about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We'll still be melting down in chat

Ya, except without the Connor Wood interceptions or the 19 point deficit

I would love for us to win this game. I want us to win this game. Hell, if things go the right way, I even think we can win this game.

But I don't expect to win this game, and I don't think it's fair to our kids to expect them to win this game. $C is flat better than us. If both teams play to their potential, $C will win, and it won't be close. That's not really a knock on our kids. $C has recruited so much better than us over the past decade that it's almost comical. They have because they can. At our very best, we have to win unlikely recruiting battles, pick up guys that other big-time schools might have missed out on, and have better position coaches to compete at an elite level. And we're far from our best.

Our kids need to come out and compete, play the best game that they can, and hopefully they can catch a few breaks, keep it close, and see if they can pull it out at the end. If they do that, they can pull the huge upset. But as long as they compete and play their best, they can hold their heads up high. I don't think we can ask more than that.

Back