What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Chip Kelly to the Bucs?

I'll always be left to wonder if guys like Helfrich & Collins sucked as bad as we all thought or if they were merely the byproduct of the most incompetent head coach in Colorado Football history.

Collins is coaching LBs at Ohio. Riddle is coaching at North Texas and still sucks. Denver Johnson is coaching at Tulsa. Romeo Bandison is not coaching anywhere.

Okay duckie, you know what that word "assume" really means, correct ?

He might not be ready. He may already be calling some of the plays, who knows? Or chipster may be more of a control freak than anyone imagined. I expect Helfrich to get a HC offer to a mid-level school in the next couple of years.

Of course I know what assume means. He does not call plays yet and I do know that much. I fully expect he will be offered a HC job somewhere soon enough and I will be very happy for him, but I just don't want him as the next coach at Oregon. If he is around in a few years when Chip Kelly does leave to the NFL then maybe I will have a different view and will be happy with him as the HC, but as of now I think it is to soon.

Collins is coaching LBs at Ohio. Riddle is coaching at North Texas and still sucks. Denver Johnson is coaching at Tulsa. Romeo Bandison is not coaching anywhere.

My God, the taint of Hawkins runs deep. Pretty much looks like the only guy who escaped with a halfway decent reputation was Kiseau, and he had to take a demotion to WR coach when he went to Cal.

My God, the taint of Hawkins runs deep. Pretty much looks like the only guy who escaped with a halfway decent reputation was Kiseau, and he had to take a demotion to WR coach when he went to Cal.

I think Grimes, Kiesau, Ambrose, and Helfrich all made out all right. Those four either got promotions or landed in good positions elsewhere.

Ponder this though:

Out of the six assistants that were present for the entire Hawkins tenure (Collins, Riddle, Kiesau, Cabral, Bandison, Hagan), only two are currently coaching at the BCS level.

I think Grimes, Kiesau, Ambrose, and Helfrich all made out all right. Those four either got promotions or landed in good positions elsewhere.

Ponder this though:

Out of the six assistants that were present for the entire Hawkins tenure (Collins, Riddle, Kiesau, Cabral, Bandison, Hagan), only two are currently coaching at the BCS level.

Most of them coached at a BCS-like level when they were here....

Can someone fix the title of this thread, I think it was obviously supposed to be Chad Kelley to the Bucs. Swag.

Back