What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Chiv and Lindgren: Whats the relationship???

MM does seem a bit stubborn. He has a high pressure job with lots of interested observers. He should be aware of assistants keeping him from meeting his goals and replace when necessary. It is what leaders do. Especially ones with big paychecks. Loyalty is important, but so is accountability and doing your part to move the program ahead. Last year was definitely a strong step forward so I can see why assistants were not replaced. This year a different story. Sure a bit of excuse, but if replacing missing starters is an issue than recruiting and player development is a concern.
As for RG and MM. I don't advocate for micro-management by RG. But he is MM's boss, and bosses often suggest to their direct reports opportunities the boss views to upgrade staff. I do that in my operation. I don't dictate exact hires, but I do suggest to my managers areas to shore up. Anyone who has a boss can and should expect the boss to weigh in if they have GENERAL concerns about the under-staff.

I have no idea what their relationship may be. Many schools give out the CO designation to attract and keep talent and sometimes the designation is meaningless. Do you really think anyone but Brent Venables is in charge of the Defense at Clemson regardless of what titles others may have. It is like making your Oline coach the assistant head coach - where does that fit in with the coordinators? It just gives a head coach a little more leverage for attracting talent.

Chiavirini was a Co-WR coach at TT and being able to be WR coach plus Co-offensive coordinator was attractive to get him to come to Colorado.

Back