What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Chris Copeland

I strongly believe Andre needs to stay another season. We'll see what happens down the stretch here, but I really think he needs his final year.

He may need it, but it's not happening. We'll see him shaking David Stern's hand this June.

i agree, Andre's game is too limited offensively right now to really warrant a first round pick. Unless he blows up in conference play i see him "only" shaking Adam Silver's hand come June
I could see a team in the bottom 5~8 taking him. A team that has trouble rebounding the ball, a team like Miami or Boston. Then again, Miami will probably take a guy like Jeff Withey over Roberson if both are there when the pick.

i agree, Andre's game is too limited offensively right now to really warrant a first round pick. Unless he blows up in conference play i see him "only" shaking Adam Silver's hand come June

Really depends on what the team needs. A squad with a ton of offensive firepower like Okie City would love to get a rebounder who can guard 3 or 4 positions. That's worth a 1st round pick to any team that already has 2 front line scorers.

Dre has hurt himself this year by not developing more of a mid-range offensive game. Last year people looked at him and said great defensive player/rebounder. Give him a year to work on the offense and he will be a more complete player. This year the offense hasn't advanced and those same people tend to go from the give him time mode to the he might never mode. He needed to show improvement and didn't.

It is tough for him because he brings some things to the table but college he plays a lot like a 4. In the NBA he simply isn't big enough to do that so will end up as a 3. No matter what else they bring teams expect their 3s to be able to produce offensively and Dre can't do that yet.

Really depends on what the team needs. A squad with a ton of offensive firepower like Okie City would love to get a rebounder who can guard 3 or 4 positions. That's worth a 1st round pick to any team that already has 2 front line scorers.

Nik I have to disagree with your statement that Dre will be able to guard 3 or 4 positions at the next level. I think that he'll have trouble staying in front of the wings in the nba and he wont have the bulk to play center. He will be a role playing 4 that comes in to rebound and defend perimeter 4s. The NBA draft is even more of a crapshoot than the NFL because after the first ~10 picks it's really anyones guess. Who would have thought that PJ3 would have fallen to 28.

I actually think it wouldn't be bad for Dre's development to come in in the second round because he wouldn't have the expectations of playing right away and i think his defense and rebounding would earn his at least a 10th man spot on the right team right away.

For his development, probably. For generational financial security, nope. He wouldn't have been a lottery pick in the following draft. .

Pure speculation! With another year of muscle growth, working on his jump shot and learning how to play "D" under
Tad, with his stats and rep he likely would have been drafted and that's what makes all the difference, when there's only two rounds. After all, doesn't the NBA draft on potential?

Lottery pick money is chump change compared to what an All Star can command and like Chauncey when he was drafted, Burks is that much farther from AS status because he left early with so much to work on in his game.

Heck, when even Levi can make a very comfortable living in Spain( and I'll bet Copeland didn't exactly starve in Europe), there is no need to grab immediate, but very limited LP cash, if you only hurt yourself in grabbing the big prizes available to AS-types, in the long run. Right now, Burks could easily get cut, with nowhere to go but Europe and then he's on the same track as Copeland, with just a few more bucks in his pocket, not the multi-millions he envisioned.

Pure speculation! With another year of muscle growth, working on his jump shot and learning how to play "D" under
Tad, with his stats and rep he likely would have been drafted and that's what makes all the difference, when there's only two rounds. After all, doesn't the NBA draft on potential?

Lottery pick money is chump change compared to what an All Star can command and like Chauncey when he was drafted, Burks is that much farther from AS status because he left early with so much to work on in his game.

Heck, when even Levi can make a very comfortable living in Spain( and I'll bet Copeland didn't exactly starve in Europe), there is no need to grab immediate, but very limited LP cash, if you only hurt yourself in grabbing the big prizes available to AS-types, in the long run. Right now, Burks could easily get cut, with nowhere to go but Europe and then he's on the same track as Copeland, with just a few more bucks in his pocket, not the multi-millions he envisioned.

You're speculating that Alec would have improved a lot from his sophomore to junior year.

He was at the back end of the lottery picks in his draft.

There are 2 things I know to be facts:

1. The NBA draft the year after Alec's was a much deeper and more talented draft.

2. NBA folks generally draft on potential and believe a player will develop more from their bench than from a college program. When drafting on potential, a more polished junior is not more enticing to NBA guys than a more raw sophomore. They'd rather have that year with him.

What a story about Copeland! Boyle should ask him to come back and talk to the young guys. I don't think I've heard of many 28 year old rookies. Great story. ALso, he has really improved his game from his time in Boulder.

As for Dre, I think he will go if he will be a 1st rounder this year. He will never be great at offense. His forte is defense, rebounding, and playing with heart. There are plently of teams in the NBA that could use a role player like Dre.

Selfishly, I hope he stays next year because our team would be so sick with him than without.

Roberson is hurting himself this year with FT's and 3 point % (statistically worse than last year... so far at least).

He won't be able to play SF at all in the NBA.

What a story about Copeland! Boyle should ask him to come back and talk to the young guys. I don't think I've heard of many 28 year old rookies. Great story. ALso, he has really improved his game from his time in Boulder.

As for Dre, I think he will go if he will be a 1st rounder this year. He will never be great at offense. His forte is defense, rebounding, and playing with heart. There are plently of teams in the NBA that could use a role player like Dre.

Selfishly, I hope he stays next year because our team would be so sick with him than without.

agreed, another local kid that made it to the NBA but whose forte is not offense.. Louis amundson, from Monarch High School, then UNLV, D league here in broomfield, CO, then to the NBA

Yeah, they talked about him several times during last nights broadcast and they mentioned CU on multiple occasions. Glad to see he's doing well.

I think Durant, Curry and Lebron all have him beat. I bet jg has some efficiency numbers on him somewhere.

ok so he's the 4th most talented offensive player in the league, what's your point?

ok so he's the 4th most talented offensive player in the league, what's your point?

That people saying that Melo is the best offensive player in the league is stupid and needs to stop. Drives me insane when national pundits say that or that he's the best "pure scorer".

That people saying that Melo is the best offensive player in the league is stupid and needs to stop. Drives me insane when national pundits say that or that he's the best "pure scorer".

Can we say he's the best volume shooter? :smile2:

In fairness, I've heard that comment from the former player talking heads about him being the worst matchup nightmare in the league.

Honestly, I think Kobe may still hold the mantle of being the best scorer in the league. If I was in a tight game and needed someone to deliver 15 points in the 4th quarter, I'd have a hard time picking anyone over the Black Mamba.

Iguodala said Melo is the hardest player to guard in the league because once he gets possession in the post, it's over and he'll score since he's really strong.

I don't think people saying he's one of the best pure scorers in the league is far off.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Back