What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Christian McCaffery blows of Stanford bowl game

if you think he's a jerk for doing this, you must think Leavitt is a total a-hole

might want to check with willis mcgahee and what happened to him in the '03 fiesta bowl and
while you are at it...ask ex ND linebacker jaylon smith...they may have a few thoughts on the topic.

AD's and coaches make job moves in Dec and Jan all of the time...players are the horses that pull the wagon

I think this was mentioned somewhere in the Bowl Game thread; can't be sure because of all the spirited discussion of the Chippewa - Tulsa contest.

can't blame young mac...he doesnt make the rules. Most NFL guys have 2-4 years to get paid. Look at the difference between Ryan Miller's path and D Bak's. No one deserves what happened to RM. Coach Shaw handled the situation at stanford with his usual grace - ncaa hoops, with its one and done situation is even worse.

He should have just revealed he has played hurt all season - which I believe he has - just no one knows the extent. This would be much easier to understand and respect in that circumstance.

Weak sauce! If he is afraid of getting hurt he is playing the wrong sport! If it's all about the $$ he won't last long in the NFL.

I'm surprised by so many people who think he did anything wrong, but then this is a college football site.

He's in a meaningless bowl, has been injured before, and has a chance to make more money through the NFL than any other opportunity he could possibly have. Why would you risk that?

Believe it or not most of these kids dream of NFL, not Hyundai® Sun Bowl games...

If he was gonna pull this ****, he shouldn't have played all year.
Yep! - or at spring camp announced that he would be leaving early and not play in any after season games, what if they made the playoffs?? Oh so selfish. You can get that entitlement when you play ball at a HS your dad built for you.

I get what he's doing even though I disagree with it. Does it make me look at him different, absolutely. His choice, hope it works out for him.

I'm disappointed for college football because this will happen more and more, but it's the right decision.

I don't understand the justification.

If you have decided to be on the team this season (train with team, be on scholarship, play games, etc.), then you're on the team. I can't wrap my head around quitting the team because the post-season your team has achieved doesn't rate high enough for you.

If you have decided to be on the team this season (train with team, be on scholarship, play games, etc.), then you're on the team. I can't wrap my head around quitting the team because the post-season your team has achieved doesn't rate high enough for you.
OK, let me try. Stanford is playing this bowl game for next season, more than anything else. They aren't playing for a better ranking or National Championship or to impress recruits. Some bowl games are about putting an exclamation mark on the season just completed and rewarding seniors who gave their all and for whom this will be their last football game ever. For Stanford, this game is about getting ready for next year and rewarding kids who will probably not ever play again. That is my opinion, of course.

If you believe some here, seniors shouldn't even play in the bowl (I don't, but there's plenty of sentiment that aside from the playoff the bowls aren't that important).

OK, let me try. Stanford is playing this bowl game for next season, more than anything else. They aren't playing for a better ranking or National Championship or to impress recruits. Some bowl games are about putting an exclamation mark on the season just completed and rewarding seniors who gave their all and for whom this will be their last football game ever. For Stanford, this game is about getting ready for next year and rewarding kids who will probably not ever play again. That is my opinion, of course.

Well, if you look at bowls as glorified exhibition games then I see the other side of the argument.

I don't see them that way.

Back