What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coach Prime / Buffs Football Social Media Thread

I see, it is about Brewster:

r/CFB doesn't really understand what is going on, which is surprising since it is a college football dedicated subreddit.

They don't understand that in the era of NIL and social media, all that matters is brand. This social media access and energy is all there to drive recruiting and media deals.They think it is to stroke Prime's ego - and they are so clueless. That is why it will be a surprise to everyone when it works.

*checks reddit*

Oh look, everyone on there is being a p**** about a Deion meeting again
I don't know how you visit Reddit. It's full of pussies and morons. Everyone thinks they're the smartest guy in the world or most profound or most virtuous and they all take themselves too seriously. I was always leaving it being in a worse mood or angry or annoyed so I avoid it.
I see, it is about Brewster:

r/CFB doesn't really understand what is going on, which is surprising since it is a college football dedicated subreddit.

They don't understand that in the era of NIL and social media, all that matters is brand. This social media access and energy is all there to drive recruiting and media deals.They think it is to stroke Prime's ego - and they are so clueless. That is why it will be a surprise to everyone when it works.

Agreed. Times are changing and you have to keep up or get left behind. They don't understand Coach Prime is doing this to provide kids a way to have sustainable NIL value and long term success over just handing them a bag of cash that will eventually run out. Teach a man to fish ... I can't wait for the salt when the results start on the field.

But, I can't disagree with the Reddit turds about the cringe part with Brewster. I had to fast forward Brewster's part in the video with all the coaches giving their introduction. I love fiery coaches but this felt awkwardly forced, wrong place wrong time. I get he's trying to set the tone, but he could have done that with a bit more brevity and pertinence. Guy was all over the place.

I don't know how you visit Reddit. It's full of pussies and morons. Everyone thinks they're the smartest guy in the world or most profound or most virtuous and they all take themselves too seriously. I was always leaving it being in a worse mood or angry or annoyed so I avoid it.

Agreed. Times are changing and you have to keep up or get left behind. They don't understand Coach Prime is doing this to provide kids a way to have sustainable NIL value and long term success over just handing them a bag of cash that will eventually run out. Teach a man to fish ... I can't wait for the salt when the results start on the field.

But, I can't disagree with the Reddit turds about the cringe part with Brewster. I had to fast forward Brewster's part in the video with all the coaches giving their introduction. I love fiery coaches but this felt awkwardly forced, wrong place wrong time. I get he's trying to set the tone, but he could have done that with a bit more brevity and pertinence. Guy was all over the place.
Yeah I usually just use it for niche info like video game tutorials or reviews if I want a wider range of real opinions that aren’t paid content disguised as a review.

That said, 99% of that site is just brutal to read and I totally agree with you. The CFB sub isn’t great either

Been waiting for Part 2 of this one

One thing that jumped out to me was the bit about how he wanted as many student tutors as were willing to help. I don't know how much previous staffs use current students for various roles, but it's something that should be tapped into.

Back when they money concerns were being discussed about firing and hiring, the first thing I thought was why don't they have a handful of business master or even undergrad students working in the AD on projects to show monetary value of a winning program, studies on ROI on facilities investments, etc. I'm sure there's a ton of students that would love to get into sports business and what better experience than working for a P5 athletic department. Maybe this is already happening, but tap into the resources you have at your disposal. Prime gets that. Somehow he keeps exceeding expectations.

One thing that jumped out to me was the bit about how he wanted as many student tutors as were willing to help. I don't know how much previous staffs use current students for various roles, but it's something that should be tapped into.

Back when they money concerns were being discussed about firing and hiring, the first thing I thought was why don't they have a handful of business master or even undergrad students working in the AD on projects to show monetary value of a winning program, studies on ROI on facilities investments, etc. I'm sure there's a ton of students that would love to get into sports business and what better experience than working for a P5 athletic department. Maybe this is already happening, but tap into the resources you have at your disposal. Prime gets that. Somehow he keeps exceeding expectations.
He just gets it. He said academically inclined students want to be involved with the athletes and vice versa, so there's a mutually beneficial relationship created by getting student tutors for players.

I also liked when he said he wanted more uniform changes than Lady Gaga.

There are a lot of student tutors in the AD. I'm all for getting as many as want to contribute - but that was one area the AD was doing a good job with, which was academic support
Yeah. I don't know details, but I can see the results. I can't remember the last time a player was academically ineligible or failed to graduate.

It seemed to me like he was challenging every group to get outside the box and push hard. Don’t relax. Find ways to get better more than it was the presentation of a deeply considered plan to fix a problem with academic support or any other group…except the dudes running the field. They appear to be killing it

Prime isn't shy about building systems to support logistics. What's awesome is the culture he is building will manifest systems on it's own as well. Academically, players will be held accountable and in turn hold each other accountable, support each other, and prioritize time toward studies.

Love these videos, itty bitty nit picking

Spiritual and Mental Health are very intertwined, that was a moment that begged for a follow up meeting

He should try to not call a staffer "Sweetheart"

I am sure that many of the operations folks have not been challenged to buy into the coach as much as they by Prime
@Uncle Ken

Sweetheart? You have some work to do.

I really liked that he asked to have a meeting with the hotel manager where the team was acting up so he could tell them it won’t happen again, that was awesome. But it sounded like the team no longer stays at the Omni? When did they change that?

I really liked that he asked to have a meeting with the hotel manager where the team was acting up so he could tell them it won’t happen again, that was awesome. But it sounded like the team no longer stays at the Omni? When did they change that?
I thought St. Julien was preferred option now that Prime’s in charge…

Back