What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coach Prime / Buffs Football Social Media Thread

As to students volunteering to be tutors.

Obviously having paid tutors on the staff is beneficial, you can train them and track the work they do.

If though you have a bunch of students working with it, even if for only a couple hours per week each you have a better chance of getting somebody who is in or has been in a specific class working with your athletes.

This also helps build a stronger bond between the student body and the athletes, break down those walls. Sometimes due to the time requirements and nature of team sports athletes end up with limited interaction with non-athlete students. Developing those relationships enhances the athletes college experience.

For the tutors it gives them a way to feel like they are contributing to a winning program. It's also hard to imagine a line on a resume talking about tutoring athletes would be a negative in a job hunt.

Sure it takes some effort to coordinate but having a large contingent of regular students helping in this way can be a win for all involved.

I get a lot of Matt Rhule emoji tweets like this one in my timeline:

I think it's because I liked some Malachi Coleman related tweets when it looked like he might flip.

Anyway, I would be secretly very jealous if we hired this emoji-tweetin' dweeb and the Nubs managed to land Coach Prime. So jealous.

QB1's Girlfriend Was on Kimmel Tonight...

Storm-Reid-Shedeur-Sanders-ME-230115-a6abe4.jpg

The criiques are stupid too. “That wouldn’t work in the NFL.” “He was a bad head coach!” “He’s had several jobs since 2012.”
Yeah, the "wouldn't work in the NFL" comment from Danny Kannell was my favorite. No ****, Danny, that's why this isn't being done in front of an NFL team you ****ing moron.

He didn't work out as a HC, just like 95% of all coaches who get a shot as a HC don't, but Brew has found himself a niche as an elite recruiting, TE coach at the highest level of the College game. He's a bit corny at times and players will surely have a laugh at his expense, but I imagine he's a very likable guy who will endear himself to the players over time.

Yeah, the "wouldn't work in the NFL" comment from Danny Kannell was my favorite. No ****, Danny, that's why this isn't being done in front of an NFL team you ****ing moron.

He didn't work out as a HC, just like 95% of all coaches who get a shot as a HC don't, but Brew has found himself a niche as an elite recruiting, TE coach at the highest level of the College game. He's a bit corny at times and players will surely have a laugh at his expense, but I imagine he's a very likable guy who will endear himself to the players over time.
seth meyers GIF

Brew is getting crushed on social media for his intro in the team meeting, and RK's thoughts are a total mood for CU fans right now

Really don't get the response to Brewster doing his weird **** in the meeting. I thought it was kinda obvious. Coach Brewster is insane. If he was not coaching football, he would have a hard time finding a workplace that fits him. But guess what? He's coaching football, and a whack ass dude that sprints and runs and does weird **** and headbutts his players is a good thing, especially for a group like the tight ends. His resume is unimpeachable, and his recruiting impeccable. Of course CU hired him, and any team would want him as their TE coach too.

Really don't get the response to Brewster doing his weird **** in the meeting. I thought it was kinda obvious. Coach Brewster is insane. If he was not coaching football, he would have a hard time finding a workplace that fits him. But guess what? He's coaching football, and a whack ass dude that sprints and runs and does weird **** and headbutts his players is a good thing, especially for a group like the tight ends. His resume is unimpeachable, and his recruiting impeccable. Of course CU hired him, and any team would want him as their TE coach too.
When I worked at car dealerships, I worked with a dozen people like him. He is a natural salesman. He just happens to sell young men on playing football.

And of any CU position that needs a huge boost of coaching and positive high energy it’s TE. Let’s get back to the old Buff TE era; it’s been too long.

This is actually one of better takes I've seen about the Brew clip. The locker room bonding that's created from weirdness like this is something many probably don't think about.

I think the only noteworthy thing about this is that it's now public while this kind of stuff usually happens behind closed doors. It isn't the approach I would choose as it wouldn't resonate with me, but you are kidding yourself if you think Brewster's drill sargeant approach isn't prevalent in a field where testosterone and sometimes toxic masculinty runs very high.

Some people are just incredibly naive at times.

This is actually one of better takes I've seen about the Brew clip. The locker room bonding that's created from weirdness like this is something many probably don't think about.

Oh. You know there are already guys on the team doing impressions of Coach Brew and others. Also, my experience is that whether there's laughter or not tells you the spirit in which it should be taken. If I was laughing, it's because I had some love & respect. If I wasn't, it was more of a raise the eyebrow and say "**** that guy" relationship. I don't think I ever had a strength coach who wasn't someone we did impressions of and there were always a couple position coaches who were an impression worthy (i.e., unhinged or grouchy).

Back