What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coach Prime / Buffs Football Social Media Thread

What a world we are living in. One of the greatest coaches in SEC history saying the biggest game of the week is CU v N over Texas v Alabama.

It’s been a different world since waking up that Sunday in December. It’s been a bigger gift under the proverbial tree every day since. CU needs to gift Prime the keys to RG’s office when RG retires 😂.

Nothing would be sweeter than watching Husker fans starting to leave at halftime with all the red gone by the start of the 4th. We can’t score enough points on Saturday.
unfortunately, they’re spending six months of salary on this game, so they know that there’s no readmission.

They are very similar in their disruption of the status quo. When Spurrier got to UF he knew he couldn’t out Bama the SEC so he took the road less traveled. And that made all the difference.
About a million ways to phrase it, but all variations of the same concept: find your competitive advantage and exploit it to maximum effect.

Don't fight the battle on their terms.

Etc, etc.

…but even more to watch him lose. Both I and Coach Prime believe we know the reason…

When You See A Confident Black Man, Talking His Talk & Walking His Walk, They Don’t Like That’ - @DeionSanders

He’s earned the right to be himself and talk his talk, & he’s allowing people to see that leadership comes in many different forms. Last week’s win was a step in that direction, but don’t get it twisted. This works for him, because he’s HIM. Don’t expect this to be a trend. Ain’t but one Prime!

Ive heard from many that are interested in CU are watching and ask me a lot of questions. Some want to see him succeed. Others dont. Prime is a disrupter and most watch just see if hes successful disrupting the college coaching industry. I’ve definitely heard from some that want to see him lose. None of them ever say its because hes black but it leaves me to wonder if thats the case. Mostly I think they are afraid of being disrupted because his methods look like shortcuts to them and fly in the faces of years of hard work to build a program. And I think hes too flashy and too mouthy for their liking.

My view is that Prime is a man panache and color. He played at the highest levels, looked good, and had fun doing it. I think a lot of young athletes, particularly black ones, see a lot of Prime within themselves and that compared to a Grumpy old white coach they will have a better connection and brighter future with Prime.

Ive heard from many that are interested in CU are watching and ask me a lot of questions. Some want to see him succeed. Others dont. Prime is a disrupter and most watch just see if hes successful disrupting the college coaching industry. I’ve definitely heard from some that want to see him lose. None of them ever say its because hes black but it leaves me to wonder if thats the case. Mostly I think they are afraid of being disrupted because his methods look like shortcuts to them and fly in the faces of years of hard work to build a program. And I think hes too flashy and too mouthy for their liking.

My view is that Prime is a man panache and color. He played at the highest levels, looked good, and had fun doing it. I think a lot of young athletes, particularly black ones, see a lot of Prime within themselves and that compared to a Grumpy old white coach they will have a better connection and brighter future with Prime.
People don’t like loud, cocky, mouthy people who haven’t proven themselves, especially when they’re black. It’s why there was a lot of hate on Prime before TCU and not much out there right now. That’s how he was viewed until 9/2/23

Back