What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coach Prime / Buffs Football Social Media Thread

I would be silently respectful and not have a problem with it unless there was any backlash against me for not agreeing to pray in Jesus's name to start my workday in a secular organization.
Speaking of which, we went the the National Western Rodeo last night and they still do a prayer in the arena before the national anthem. I’m not entirely surprised given the makeup of that crowd but it’s still a very strange thing in a crowded arena in Denver.

Speaking of which, we went the the National Western Rodeo last night and they still do a prayer in the arena before the national anthem. I’m not entirely surprised given the makeup of that crowd but it’s still a very strange thing in a crowded arena in Denver.
Then you have the Rockies, who still encourage their fans to stand and remove hats for "God Bless America", and who still schedule multiple "Faith Days" each season.

Then you have the Rockies, who still encourage their fans to stand and remove hats for "God Bless America", and who still schedule multiple "Faith Days" each season.
Isn’t “God Bless America” a baseball thing post-9/11? And I’m not defending the Rockies because that ownership group doesn’t do anything right.

Man boredom brings up a lot of nitpicking over complete nonsensical stuff. Take the secular talk to the political forum thanks!
Coach prayed in a meeting and put it on social media - it’s completely relevant in this thread. Also chill, the discussion is pretty benign on the topic anyway.

Coach prayed in a meeting and put it on social media - it’s completely relevant in this thread. Also chill, the discussion is pretty benign on the topic anyway.
Just speaking for those who come here and won’t say anything. Same group think that goes on here everytime with same thoughts in regards to politics or religion (echo chamber). We all know what your opinions are at this point. Nobody needs to read pages in regards to discussion on it

simply create another thread

Just speaking for those who come here and won’t say anything. Same group think that goes on here everytime with same thoughts in regards to politics or religion (echo chamber). We all know what your opinions are at this point. Nobody needs to read pages in regards to discussion on it

simply create another thread
You don’t need to speak for anyone but yourself. This thread is about Prime/ CU Buffs football on social media - that’s where this all started from. If you can’t handle the topic, ignore it.

You don’t need to speak for anyone but yourself. This thread is about Prime/ CU Buffs football on social media - that’s where this all started from. If you can’t handle the topic, ignore it.
Can’t ignore pages of discussion. This thread is about Primes social media on a FOOTBALL forum. Not diving into opinions about prayer or god bless America at the stock show

Isn’t “God Bless America” a baseball thing post-9/11? And I’m not defending the Rockies because that ownership group doesn’t do anything right.
Yes. It went to a Sunday thing at most ballparks after a while, but I think that most of them still do it. (I think the Yankees still do it every game.)

The Rockies just seem to lean into it extra hard. That could just be my perception. I'm still biased from the episode when someone in the organization (DOD?) suggested that the CR on the hat stood for "Christ Risen". LOL

Can’t ignore pages of discussion. This thread is about Primes social media on a FOOTBALL forum. Not diving into opinions about prayer or god bless America at the stock show
There’s been like 5-6 posts about it, not pages and yes you absolutely can ignore it. You’re having a really hard time with this I can tell, so I suggest you ignore for a while.

Very little of Primes social media stuff has actually been about football to this point. We can comment on the cars, his office design, his house hunting videos, restaurant scoring, and facility designs, but a video of him saying they will pray before every meeting is off limits for you? It’s all relevant.

Yes. It went to a Sunday thing at most ballparks after a while, but I think that most of them still do it. (I think the Yankees still do it every game.)

The Rockies just seem to lean into it extra hard. That could just be my perception. I'm still biased from the episode when someone in the organization (DOD?) suggested that the CR on the hat stood for "Christ Risen". LOL
Oh yeah, I know the Rockies are a super Christian organization. I just didn’t know if GBA was a MLB thing that the Rockies took to an extreme or if it was a Rockies thing.

Oh yeah, I know the Rockies are a super Christian organization. I just didn’t know if GBA was a MLB thing that the Rockies took to an extreme or if it was a Rockies thing.
Astros did it only for Sunday games last year.

Just now starting the Coach Prime series on Amazon. I still get that feeling of disbelief that prime is coaching this team. Someone that prominent putting CU back on the map and putting us in the conversation with the talent that he is. Just wild. We all deserved it after the last two decades.

This one may actually be helpful for some people

In Favre's autobiography, he addresses the question of "if a 12 year old kid comes up to you at dinner and asks for an autograph, is it really that big a deal?"

Favre responded, [paraphrased] "NO! giving an autograph to that twelve year old kid is not a big deal. What is a big deal is the line of twenty people that will form as soon as I start signing"

A little over four years ago, I had a chance to meet Cal Ripken, Jr. in a public place -- we were seated at the same table in a restaurant -- and I asked him about that. He told me that Favre was 100% correct, and explained his strategy for dealing with it. He also said "in that moment, a sports figure has tremendous power. How we handle that will make us a hero for life in that kid's eyes... or a demon for life." Ripken said that when a fan approached him in a restaurant, etc... that "everyone else in the restaurant is watching how that goes down before they decide to approach me or not" and that he would make the first person sit down at his table and talk to him for 5-10 minutes. Intent was to get everyone else watching to ponder "maybe Ripken knows that person already? jeez, I don't want to disturb him for ten minutes while he's eating...". Ripken also said he would rarely sign autographs in that sort of setting because "if you do, just like Brett says, a line will form. I'll offer to take a picture with them instead"

I got to see that exact strategy play out about ten minutes later when a woman approached him.

I can't stop consuming it all. The official stuff, the Well Off stuff, the Thee Pregame stuff, the DNVR stuff... I think I have a problem, is there a meetup or intervention, with like 50000 of my closest friends, that could help?
I've officially hit my limit and I'm already tired to the CP & kids social media onslaught. Thankfully I'm not a 4 star HS recruit and I can easily choose not to consume it. Not a big deal.

It’s still hard to believe that after the past 20 years of **** football we now have the coolest coach in college football rocking a fur coat and a helicopter on the cover of GQ…thinking about the recruit photo shoots how much they like doing that and how its like well our head coach is also on the cover of GQ in a special hall of fame addition.

Back