What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coach Prime Introductory Press Conference Thread - LIVE at 1.30pm MT!

I'm not saying he's arrogant. I'm saying he comes off as arrogant because of the claims he makes. It's wild that his confidence is justified.
So you're saying he's not arrogant, but he talks arrogantly. I don't know man, I thought us lawyers were supposed to be better with words.

Very few humans can talk as arrogantly as him and get away with it. It's wild to watch and he pulls it off. This is going to be amazing to watch unfold. What a story!
As a trial attorney, I had a similar reaction: How does he make that work so well and so persuasively? He just preternaturally connects with people. The way he does it goes against all my training and instincts. But, I think, he’s just so playfully genuine about all of it. Not something anyone else can pull off.

So you're saying he's not arrogant, but he talks arrogantly. I don't know man, I thought us lawyers were supposed to be better with words.
No, just reverse jinxes.

As a trial attorney, I had a similar reaction: How does he make that work so well and so persuasively? He just preternaturally connects with people. The way he does it goes against all my training and instincts. But, I think, he’s just so playfully genuine about all of it. Not something anyone else can pull off.
Yup. If you were reading that as a transcript and didn't know it was Prime, you would think he's kinda nuts. Playfully Genuine is a great way to describe it.

Funny the fellow trial attorney had the same reaction!

y'all probably gonna get tired of my Coach Mac comparisons but the great ones have this aura, this confidence, it is like narcissistic on steroids but with this way of reaching people.

Prime has it and we are going to be really good. and, i think there is an ok chance he doesn't leave really soon. he literally has everything he needs to win at CU. the financial commitment and the opening of the transfer reqs were the last thing. sure, the big or sec might be able to come up with more cash but 12 team playoff is coming and he is going to OWN the pac.

It reminded me of when I've worked with Hollywood celebrities in my career. I've had candid conversations where they talk about how exceptionally good looking they are and how blessed they are for what that's meant for their life. Like with Prime, it's very matter-of-fact, not bragging or trying to put anyone down. I love that. Grounded honesty is something I respond very well to.

It reminded me of when I've worked with Hollywood celebrities in my career. I've had candid conversations where they talk about how exceptionally good looking they are and how blessed they are for what that's meant for their life. Like with Prime, it's very matter-of-fact, not bragging or trying to put anyone down. I love that. Grounded honesty is something I respond very well to.
We are infinitely more powerful when we operate from our strengths rather than our fears (attributable, but I'm not sure of the source). Coach Prime is deeply and confidently connected to his strengths. It's really beautiful to witness, actually. Also notice that he constantly demonstrates gratitude for his gifts and his opportunities.

Yeah, I got a really bad vibe from the current team as they were listening to Prime. If I was there I'd be on my feet cheering. But they looked pretty disinterested, which seems crazy. I don't think many of them will stay. Not to disrespect them, but, you know, this is the worst team in the country, so...
They're licking their wounds from the season, feeling the loss of a coach they loved and are probably feeling overall, insufficient.

y'all probably gonna get tired of my Coach Mac comparisons but the great ones have this aura, this confidence, it is like narcissistic on steroids but with this way of reaching people.

Prime has it and we are going to be really good. and, i think there is an ok chance he doesn't leave really soon. he literally has everything he needs to win at CU. the financial commitment and the opening of the transfer reqs were the last thing. sure, the big or sec might be able to come up with more cash but 12 team playoff is coming and he is going to OWN the pac.
Like he said, he already has the bag. If he leaves, it will be because he feels he was called and is needed. Like when Mac almost left for SMU to resurrect them from the death penalty or ultimately did leave on a mission of mentoring young men and improving families in the AA community.

I don't worry so much about him leaving for the usual reasons a HC does. He's a lot like Mac. He could leave at any time once he starts feeling like he accomplished the mission he set out to do at CU.

They're licking their wounds from the season, feeling the loss of a coach they loved and are probably feeling overall, insufficient.
I think a big part may be the insecurity of the … I’m not going to be a part of this plan going forward… take. Also, I think Coach Prime is a pretty harsh shift of coaching realities from the humble, all about the players having some fun again—with few expectations on actually winning—from the interim coaching staff.

Because he is smiling ear to ear and his smile is engaging and disarming.

a whole bunch of these guys now here are still going to be here in a few months. a complete roster turnover seems super unrealistic. we lost 25 guys last year. if we can pull in 20-25 ourselves this year, that's still a whole bunch of schollies for guys coming back.

in 3 years we will have nearly complete roster turnover, right?

it is going to be fun.

a whole bunch of these guys now here are still going to be here in a few months. a complete roster turnover seems super unrealistic. we lost 25 guys last year. if we can pull in 20-25 ourselves this year, that's still a whole bunch of schollies for guys coming back.

in 3 years we will have nearly complete roster turnover, right?

it is going to be fun.

Some law professors here like to start the first lecture with “look to your left, look to your right. If you’re still here in two semesters they won’t be.”

Some law professors here like to start the first lecture with “look to your left, look to your right. If you’re still here in two semesters they won’t be.”
yeah, i got that or a version of that the first week of law school.

also: look around and remember that HALF the people in this room are going to finish in the bottom 50% of the class. study accordingly.

Do I look like someone who worries about what Becky thinks?

How was that? I'm practicing.
I woke up this morning with a bad hangover
And my penis was missing again.
This happens all the time.
It's detachable.
This comes in handy a lot of the time.
I can leave it home, when I think it's gonna get me in trouble,
Or I can rent it out, when I don't need it.
But now and then I go to a party, get drunk,
And the next morning I can't for the life of me
Remember what I did with it.

He certainly is going to ruffle some feathers. I thought it was interesting that he doesn't like to be called by his own first name, but he calls all the women reporters there to do their job "baby". While I don't think it's a big deal, I'm sure some people will.

Back