What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coaching carousel....

Surprising. Seemed like they had made some real progress this year.... :huh:

I was thinking this too. They have a pretty good offense and showed massive improvement this year. Now they have to bring in a new guy to start over again. WSU, while they have had legit success, is most likely going to be the bottom feeder in this conference, they just have too many factors against them and HC prospects are going to be aware of this.

I am thinking this carousel is about to start going warp speed soon.

I was thinking this too. They have a pretty good offense and showed massive improvement this year. Now they have to bring in a new guy to start over again. WSU, while they have had legit success, is most likely going to be the bottom feeder in this conference, they just have too many factors against them and HC prospects are going to be aware of this.

I am thinking this carousel is about to start going warp speed soon.
Article says the pirate is at the top of the list... I think the Pac12 is gonna get VERY interesting really soon.

Arms race has officially begun in the Pac-12. New media contract next year. Everyone's announcing new facilities or a new coach.

Arms race has officially begun in the Pac-12. New media contract next year. Everyone's announcing new facilities or a new coach.

Yep. I saw this one coming when they announced the media deal. Everybody is going to be out looking for stud coaches and will be paying big money to get them. Next up - UCLA and ASU. Both are going to pay stoopid money, just watch.

Now would be the perfect time to announce a facilities upgrade. Come on Bohn, don't **** this up!

Should w eopen a Pac 12 coaching carousel to keep the stuff that directly affects us from the Rest? A third of the Conference and half of our division is going to have a new coach next year.

Should w eopen a Pac 12 coaching carousel to keep the stuff that directly affects us from the Rest? A third of the Conference and half of our division is going to have a new coach next year.

I second the motion...

Wazzu parting ways with Wulff is surprising. Obviously they went 4-8 this year, but the Cougs made solid progress. I'm pretty sure a "lost" recruiting class is the absolute last thing Wazzu needs right now as they've just started to get their "talent" to a level to at least be competitive. Would have been wise to keep him on board and see if he could push them to 6-6 next year

Gill is likely out at KU, Fairchild maybe out at CSewe, Porter out at Memphis, the UAB coach, whoever he is, is out, Akron is going to make a run at Tressel, Stoops lite rumorDC at tOSU with Urban. The wheel is spinning...

Gill is likely out at KU, Fairchild maybe out at CSewe, Porter out at Memphis, the UAB coach, whoever he is, is out, Akron is going to make a run at Tressel, Stoops lite rumorDC at tOSU with Urban. The wheel is spinning...
I thought Gill is too expensive to dump this year. If I recall, his buyout is 5mil +.

A complete non-football school like KU is willing to cut their losses and can their coach after only seasons and a $6 mil buyout. Imagine that.

Here is a recap of position changes per ESPN
Akron
Rob Ianello
Arizona
Mike Stoops
Rich Rodriguez
Florida Atlantic
Howard Schnellenberger
Illinois
Ron Zook
Memphis
Larry Porter