What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coaching Staff

RollTad21

Club Member
Club Member
Hypothetically, if MacIntyre gets fired. Is there a single coach on this staff that doesn't have to take a demonstration to coach in CFB next year?

Hypothetically, if MacIntyre gets fired. Is there a single coach on this staff that doesn't have to take a demonstration to coach in CFB next year?
That question reveals a major problem, right? How do you not have assistants that you could see as fitting as an interim HC?

WR/RC would be a demotion for Chev. Els maybe. But he's clearly not an up and coming D Coordinator.
He wouldn't get hired as an OC anywhere besides at a small school
Maybe join Wacintyre at SJSU next yr

He wouldn't get hired as an OC anywhere besides at a small school
Maybe join Wacintyre at SJSU next yr
OK you are proving my point. Only way any coach on the staff has a job next year is if they take a demotion. And most wouldn't be hired even after doing that.

Roper or Els. Neither would tempt you after the season, but at least both have experience

Drake's a fine young coach.

Honestly, I believe that Brown is a very good DB coach.

I put the blame for the performance on the defensive coordinator. Eliot was a very bad hire.
Ya with what Kentucky is doing pretty clear Eliot was providing nothing there. And Eliot was already done calling plays there before he left.

Roper is a good QB coach and would be hired at many schools
Drake is a budding coaching star and I bet his kids will continue to play hard
Els was the Purdue DC, and is doing a great job with the LB, except for playing Gamboa too much
Chiv is a good recruiter and is good with WR. I agree that guys may need to move down in level to get the experience it takes to come back up

I put the blame for the performance on the defensive coordinator. Eliot was a very bad hire.
I want to believe that on Brown, but I think he may have just benefited from having NFL talent. When is the last time a DB has broken up a pass? Drake I agree I've been impressed with, at was the 1 guy I thought maybe would get a DL job, but my guess would be it's outside the P5

Experience as failed coordinators.

I’m saying we move on now. I don’t want anyone on this staff being considered for the job, like a repeat of Cabral in 2010. Roper and Els have at least been around winning programs and might get us to 6-7 wins this year without anyone thinking they deserve a shot next year.

That’s fair. I would point out that our dbs seem oblivious to the ball in the air, or to play the ball in the air when they happen to notice it.

It’s hard to judge Chiaverini without knowing what MM is telling him to do. The running up the middle every first down has been a pattern for years, and MM is the common denominator. But Chiaverini hasn’t impressed me.

Kentucky is the #1 scoring defense in the FBS two seasons removed from eliot. Jfc
I will echo what stoops told Feldman before this year, “we were so outclassed on talent it was almost impossible and this year is the first year I feel like we have the talent to compete.” Seriously if you listen to his podcast every week you would have heard this.

Not buying the hype on Roper. Montez has not really made the improvements we were told especially under pressure. Which is what matters since he always is. And the guy was run out of South Carolina for Christ sake
Montez is very average. To this point, he hasn’t shown he can consistently move the offense and sustain drives. He excels at screen passes and the occasional deep pass, along with anything to Viska. He lacks a high football IQ on the field and his general awareness is low (running out of bounds for a 5 yard loss instead of just tossing it away?). IMO, Roper has engrained the slide in his head which has cost CU multiple times this season.

He has had his moments, to be sure, and he is far from the reason for this 4 game losing streak, but he has also not been close to a solution at any point, regardless what the stats say.

I will echo what stoops told Feldman before this year, “we were so outclassed on talent it was almost impossible and this year is the first year I feel like we have the talent to compete.” Seriously if you listen to his podcast every week you would have heard this.

That’s even worse because Eliot’s calling card is supposed to be recruiting.

Btw, after the last two weeks I’m 100% behind the idea of ****canning Mac now and seeing what Chiv can do as an HC over the last 3. Might be a little crazy but honestly if we’re done with MM (and we should be), why not?

Back