What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Football News, Rumor & Humor

The other stupid thing I see online is the “if the situations were reversed the big 10 wouldn’t help Indiana which I think is flat out false. You think if Indiana was undefeated and ranked number 4 in the country with a win over Ohio state who is ranked in the teens they would send Ohio state to the big 10 championship? Hell no. They are doing this because Ohio state clearly won their division and would have with a loss and is in position to make the playoff.

It’s not a big deal because in a normal year you get to play everyone in your division so you control your own destiny to a certain extent. I don’t that that is some huge deal going forward, the sec has been dealing with it for years. It’s just a one year thing that would benefit the conference as whole.
Yeah I don't see why changing things in this unprecedented year has to mean the changes are permanent. I do happen to think the divisional model might be worse than the non-divisional model, though. I get that it changes the dynamics of conference traditions, but CCG quality would be better across all 5 conferences, and it would truly be about the two best teams, not just the best team from each division.

Yeah I don't see why changing things in this unprecedented year has to mean the changes are permanent. I do happen to think the divisional model might be worse than the non-divisional model, though. I get that it changes the dynamics of conference traditions, but CCG quality would be better across all 5 conferences, and it would truly be about the two best teams, not just the best team from each division.
Yeah I get it. I love divisions and playing the same teams every year as we have discussed before. Sometimes it doesn’t work out and sometimes it does. I think with bigger conferences that only play 8 conference games it would be dumb to take the two best teams since schedules are so imbalanced but I could see it working better for the pac 12 to move to more of a big 12 model even though they all play each other.

It’s not a big deal because in a normal year you get to play everyone in your division so you control your own destiny to a certain extent. I don’t that that is some huge deal going forward, the sec has been dealing with it for years. It’s just a one year thing that would benefit the conference as whole.
How are you going to get the north ADs to supports this one-time do away with division so CU can play exception?

How are you going to get the north ADs to supports this one-time do away with division so CU can play exception?
You tell them this is a weird year and you are trying to get the most exposure out of each game that you can. If there are two undefeated teams that have played two more games than a one loss north team it makes sense for this year and this year only to do so and no team is losing a game because they are all playing next weekend either way.

You tell them this is a weird year and you are trying to get the most exposure out of each game that you can. If there are two undefeated teams that have played two more games than a one loss north team it makes sense for this year and this year only to do so and no team is losing a game because they are all playing next weekend either way.
Good luck with that convo. No need to do anything until games played this weekend.
Like B1G, this needs to be AD led. It would help if some other AD supported the idea openly. I’m sure RG is twisting arms.

Why even frame it to serve the benefit of CU?

USC needs a decent win for the Pac's relevance. If CU is undefeated and plays USC, it gives USC the best chance to rise in the rankings. It's up to them to meet the challenge and earn a quality W.

Last edited:
Good luck with that convo. No need to do anything until games played this weekend.
Like B1G, this needs to be AD led. It would help if some other AD supported the idea openly. I’m sure RG is twisting arms.
Usc runs this conference and if they want it to happen it likely will

planet of the apes eye roll GIF

BC declines bowl game and ends their season. I think a lot of teams will do this to try and reduce losses because of no ticket sales.

This is why I don't think the PAC-12 should stop playing anytime soon.

BC declines bowl game and ends their season. I think a lot of teams will do this to try and reduce losses because of no ticket sales.

This is why I don't think the PAC-12 should stop playing anytime soon.
Fair point, although TV exposure and an extra couple weeks of practice are nice.

Have to wonder where cbs goes from here. Also takes a lot of slots away from the big 12 and pac 12 on abc.

Have to wonder where cbs goes from here. Also takes a lot of slots away from the big 12 and pac 12 on abc.

You would think CBS would still want to be a player in college football, so that would open up other conferences, but maybe they just focus on NFL? Doubtful

You would think CBS would still want to be a player in college football, so that would open up other conferences, but maybe they just focus on NFL? Doubtful
My thoughts exactly. Maybe CBS has some money available to spend to stay relevant in the college football market. They may not be able to hit the ESPN money amount, but maybe a chance for a come up for the Pac???

smokey robinson james GIF

It has been a huge money maker for them with the ratings those sec games pulled in but who knows. Maybe they aren’t interested in paying a ton of money, their last deal with the sec was the best deal in all of sports for them.

Back