What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Football's Most Overrated

But that's not what we're discussing, 'tini. That's what Dub wants to discuss. If I remember correctly, the topic at hand is how lame Dub's argument was when he said, "at least we're still playing."

You've got to admit that even you feel a little sorry for him, don't you?
The topic is Overrated Football programs and you were the one who strayed away from the topic.

The topic is Overrated Football programs and you were the one who strayed away from the topic.

Only to point out that I felt sorry for you. I can't help my emotions--it's just what I feel.

That was tini and we've learned to ignore him. :lol: Did you know that the NIT used to be the main tournament? That should give you some good talking points once you win it.

That was tini and we've learned to ignore him. :lol: Did you know that the NIT used to be the main tournament? That should give you some good talking points once you win it.

That's a good point on the importance of the NIT. I'm proud of our conference partner and their success in that tournment. Good luck in the NIT Huskies! It's good to see our regular season conference champion represent so well!

RPI is a joke.

Partially but a team with that bad of an RPI will not get a at large birth. U mad that the Buffs came in and took the conference by storm. Get ready, because we're here to stay.

RPI is a joke.

--The committee is a joke.

--The RPI is a joke.

--It's better to win the NIT than to not win the NCAA.

--At least we're still playing.

You make me sadder and sadder. I genuinely feel sorry for you Dub. Do you have any idea how these arguments look from the outside?

For the record, I agree the selection committee is a joke. In fact, that's what Coach Boyle told the team in order to motivate them to win the Pac 12 Tournament.

Partially but a team with that bad of an RPI will not get a at large birth. U mad that the Buffs came in and took the conference by storm. Get ready, because we're here to stay.

You didn't take the conference by storm... you finished 5th.... pretty bad considering UW, UCLA, and Zona were all down this year.

--The committee is a joke.

--The RPI is a joke.

--It's better to win the NIT than to not win the NCAA.

--At least we're still playing.

You make me sadder and sadder. I genuinely feel sorry for you Dub. Do you have any idea how these arguments look from the outside?

For the record, I agree the selection committee is a joke. In fact, that's what Coach Boyle told the team in order to motivate them to win the Pac 12 Tournament.

Tell me how all those MWC teams with really good RPIs did in the tourney?

You didn't take the conference by storm... you finished 5th.... pretty bad considering UW, UCLA, and Zona were all down this year.

Two questions:

1. Can you see how lame and sad your arguments are? I keep asking, but you won't respond.

2. So who is the Pac champion? Tournament or Regular season?

Pretty good... shows what a joke the selection committee is.

Are you actually out there on the floor playing? If not shut up about what happens on the floor and make fun of us for being hippies or something.

On a side note, you did get hosed by the committee this year, that sucks. Regular season power conference champs and conference tourney champs shoud both be automatic qualifiers. But the NCAA will not distinguish between conferences like the BCS does.

Two questions:

1. Can you see how lame and sad your arguments are? I keep asking, but you won't respond.

2. So who is the Pac champion? Tournament or Regular season?

PAC Champion is the Regular Season Champ... ask any Zona or UCLA fans and they will all say the same. 18 Games>3-4 Games.

CU was actually down this year too. We lost 2 NBA players and something like 70% of our offense. I'm not quite sure what the actual number is.

CU was picked to finish 10th or 11th in the PAC this year.

Are you actually out there on the floor playing? If not shut up about what happens on the floor and make fun of us for being hippies or something.

On a side note, you did get hosed by the committee this year, that sucks. Regular season power conference champs and conference tourney champs shoud both be automatic qualifiers. But the NCAA will not distinguish between conferences like the BCS does.

Now stop right there, Austin. Dub is validated by his team--it doesn't matter if he's out on the court or not. His team's successes are his successes and how he feels about himself is linked to Washington's achievements. Don't take that from him. He's got a bit of a hole in his life that he's trying to feel. A little sympathy for Dub, here, is all that I'm asking.

PAC Champion is the Regular Season Champ... ask any Zona or UCLA fans and they will all say the same. 18 Games>3-4 Games.

I am fairly certain you were on bearinsider or some other Cal forums arguing the exact other way when UW won the tourney and Cal won the regular season.

Can we start giving the Lombardi trophy to the team with the best regular season record, too? Or the Stanley Cup to the President´s Trophy winner?

And the first question?

Which arguments are dumb?

-RPI is a joke and always has been
-Selection Committee is biased and always has been (Look at how many Big East teams get in every year)
-Winning the NIT is better than not getting past the 1st weekend in the NCAA Tourney

Which arguments are dumb?

-RPI is a joke and always has been
-Selection Committee is biased and always has been (Look at how many Big East teams get in every year)
-Winning the NIT is better than not getting past the 1st weekend in the NCAA Tourney

I support your right to believe all of this.

I am fairly certain you were on bearinsider or some other Cal forums arguing the exact other way when UW won the tourney and Cal won the regular season.

Can we start giving the Lombardi trophy to the team with the best regular season record, too? Or the Stanley Cup to the President´s Trophy winner?

LOL Apples to Oranges.... do the NFL and NHL teams let every single team into the playoffs?

Now stop right there, Austin. Dub is validated by his team--it doesn't matter if he's out on the court or not. His team's successes are his successes and how he feels about himself is linked to Washington's achievements. Don't take that from him. He's got a bit of a hole in his life that he's trying to feel. A little sympathy for Dub, here, is all that I'm asking.

:lol: Knowing you I'm not even sure it was a typo. Allsome! :lol:

This makes no sense. Come on UDub. We expect more out of our Pac-12 brethren. That is Big-12 quality smack.

That's not fair. It doesn't make sense, nor is it funny or clever; but it's far superior than any post ever submitted by a Baylor fan.

That's not fair. It doesn't make sense, nor is it funny or clever; but it's far superior than any post ever submitted by a Baylor fan.

Maybe Baylor will have 17 instead of 14 Season Ticket Holders when their new stadium is finally done.

Back