What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College GameDay for UW

Why go to Boulder for P12 CCG rematch with the Flatirons as backdrop when you can have Manhattan’s concrete jungle instead?

I don't love it for us, but I get it from their perspective. Add excitement and exposure in one of the largest TV markets and one where they probably currently underperform.

I lived in the area for a few years and it's a bit of a college football desert- was starved for college football excitement there. Might be some cool stories of various alumni bars there as well.

I don't love it for us, but I get it from their perspective. Add excitement and exposure in one of the largest TV markets and one where they probably currently underperform.

I lived in the area for a few years and it's a bit of a college football desert- was starved for college football excitement there. Might be some cool stories of various alumni bars there as well.
It's probably starved for college football excitement because they don't have any college football teams? ESPN manages to ruin the simplest of things.

It's probably starved for college football excitement because they don't have any college football teams? ESPN manages to ruin the simplest of things.
True, but so many alumni live in the area. ESPN is taking a bit of a risk on this one but if they pull it off right I actually think it could be pretty cool.

My initial reaction was "this is an awful idea" but I'm coming around. It could still flop though if not executed well.

Don't want to see this type of thing very often, but as a one-off we'll see..,

True, but so many alumni live in the area. ESPN is taking a bit of a risk on this one but if they pull it off right I actually think it could be pretty cool.

My initial reaction was "this is an awful idea" but I'm coming around. It could still flop though if not executed well.

Don't want to see this type of thing very often, but as a one-off we'll see..,
Gameday isn't about the 1000 people that show up and stand in the background waiving flags and signs (although that's part of the viewing experience). It's for the millions that wake up and get ready to have college football in their lives early on a Saturday morning, and half the greatness of it is having them on campus for a big matchup, with celebrity guests that are affiliated with the home team. They diminished everything that is cool about the show by choosing NewYork****ingCity.

Gameday isn't about the 1000 people that show up and stand in the background waiving flags and signs (although that's part of the viewing experience). It's for the millions that wake up and get ready to have college football in their lives early on a Saturday morning, and half the greatness of it is having them on campus for a big matchup, with celebrity guests that are affiliated with the home team. They diminished everything that is cool about the show by choosing NewYork****ingCity.
That's fair.

I'm playing a bit of Devils Advocate because I see this as something they're doing to grow CFB audience in non traditional markets.

We will see how it plays out but I think there's at least an opportunity for it to be cool.

Don't understand how they will do the mascot head selection though...

Terrible idea all the way around IMO. The few people who give a **** enough about CFB in NYC to actually go down there seems outnumbered by the pissed off fans from schools who think they'd be a good choice for GameDay. Oh well...

The anger on allbuffs seems at an all time high despite our recent success, lol. First the uniforms and now this! Personally, I think it's going to be kind of cool...plus the ESPN college football studios are in Times Square. Did we really think we deserved game day when we're not even in the top 25? Go have a xanax and a beer #notabigdeal

The anger on allbuffs seems at an all time high despite our recent success, lol. First the uniforms and now this! Personally, I think it's going to be kind of cool...plus the ESPN college football studios are in Times Square. Did we really think we deserved game day when we're not even in the top 25? Go have a xanax and a beer #notabigdeal
My frustration over the ESPN decision has nothing to do with them not choosing Boulder.

Not in Bristol, CT?

I personally don't care if Game Day comes to Boulder or not, but having it in Times Square is just dumb. Isn't the point of Game Day to be on campus? Or at least be somewhere a major college football game is being held?

Seems like they are just trying to replicate the NFL draft in philly, which sucks because college campuses are way better but it costs them a lot more to go to and from.

What happens if all the networks and other providers have to DEFAULT on the broadcasting rights in 5 years? ESPN is a mess and is desperate to pay the big fat bills they have promised. We had the Tech Bubble, then the Housing Bubble, get ready for the BROADCAST RIGHTS BUBBLE!!! All the schools and professional athletes better be prepared!

Notre Dame at Miami is so so likely to be the place on that weekend!!! Remember Catholics v Convicts, and it is in Miami after the Hurricane gets cleaned up.

I have a feeling this is going to be it. They just had that 30 for 30 about Catholics vs Convicts and you know ESPN will take the opportunity to revisit it and pat themselves on the back by bringing it right to the forefront again. Even if Notre Dame has 3-4 losses by then.

That's fair.

I'm playing a bit of Devils Advocate because I see this as something they're doing to grow CFB audience in non traditional markets.

We will see how it plays out but I think there's at least an opportunity for it to be cool.

Don't understand how they will do the mascot head selection though...
Hollow out a dead bum and wear him like a Buffalo Bill skin suit?

Back