What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado Home Jerseys in 2011

2. I'm 18 so obviously I was really young during the good years from the late 80's to the mid 90's but the Dan Hawkins era uniforms remind me of a bunch of zen bull****, lies, and incompetence. The retro/old ones remind me of when we were a powerhouse and feared by teams in which we were competing for major bowls and not just hoping we'd win 6 or 7 games.

Exactly now go punch buffs04 in the taint for me.

2011 - 1990 = 21

Yeah, I'd say you were "pretty young" in the late 80's...
born in 1989 and I am 21 just depends on the birthday. I was around during the NC game just had no idea what was going on. I agree with the feelings here though. The new uniform look sharp, they arent complicated or flashy but they look mean. Brings back the NC era with some modern updates. Like has been said the really big schools never change their uniform just update it. I liked hawk's idea of incorporating the silver into the uni but I think the biggest difference is I never wanted to buy a Hawk jersey. I got the throwback jersey as soon as I could. I think this is a similar sentiment around campus. I see the new(old) jersey everywhere.

Courtesy of AustinBuff from a thread around the time JE was hired

Mike Bohn responded to my email after the Georgia game stating he plans on keeping the 1990 uniforms going forward. Based on who we have on our coaching staff I don't see any reason to believe we would be getting something drastically different.

Sounds to me like we are keeping the new(old) uni's with player names on back and matching the Away jerseys.

Sorry all for (unknowingly) posting PRich's photoshopped jersey picture, but I think the main point is that we are keeping to '90 jersey permanently with names on the back, and the road unis will be the '90 away jersey (most excited to see those).

I really think we will have the throwback uniforms going forward based on Mike Bohn's response. Also, I remember reading in either the Post or BDC a comment from Embree on the uniforms. Paraphrasing here but basically he said he hasn't had time to go over the exact details but the current uniforms (i.e. Hawk Era) were an abomination as far as tradition goes. He did say that the uniforms going forward would be black jerseys with gold pants at home and white jersey's with black pants for away games. There would be no more all white uniforms. -- That is fine with me.

The 1990s jersey are perfect dont **** with them. If you want a myriad of jerseys go root for oregon.

makes sense for Embree to choose those unis and i'm all for it. i hated the Hawk era unis. hated. but, we had fresh threads under Barney so you don't have to go THAT far back....those were just as good to me as the "throwback" idea....and in some ways i would have preferred to stick to it as a continuum instead of the total "back to Mac" nostalgia grab we may have going on. i like these new/old ones but i thought Barnett's were very sweet.

i want to live in the present and watch current youtubes instead of the ones i've seen far too many times in the last 5 years (for lack of anything new).

my point is rather than "throwbacks"....these are what our uniforms look like. the Hawk stuff was an aberration...a scab that's gone away.

I dont know how people can not love these jersey's. They are clean, simple, strong, and have a ton of history attached to them. Everything you want to represent in the football program is in that jersey. Should never have changed them IMO

Should never have changed them IMO

agree, but the answer to that was CU being one of the first Nike schools getting a big check to wear the swoosh in the mid 90's....and Rick Neuheisel. and Nike started tinkering with the numerals especially. Barnett brought back a clean, no nonsense look that was all about the black and gold helmet (with the unfortunate all-whites and the pretty successful all black at home).

to original point, CU's success brought them Nike $$$. and the unis started to change away from the Mac era threads.

Even if we don't wear the all blacks I hope we still do the blackout crowd for big time night games.

1392422349_8514531a28.jpg

091808ColoradoWestVirginiaMP0995.jpg

agree, but the answer to that was CU being one of the first Nike schools getting a big check to wear the swoosh in the mid 90's....and Rick Neuheisel. and Nike started tinkering with the numerals especially. Barnett brought back a clean, no nonsense look that was all about the black and gold helmet (with the unfortunate all-whites and the pretty successful all black at home).

to original point, CU's success brought them Nike $$$. and the unis started to change away from the Mac era threads.

Oregon = Nike Whore

Now that we play Oregon, that Nike contract is a conflict of interest.

It wouldn't surprise me if Phil Knight would employ an army of 3rd world child laborers to design a uniform and shoes specially for the Colorado - Oregon game. Then Nike invokes the contract terms that force CU to wear them.

The uniforms include itchy seams that cause CU linemen to shift before the snap-count. The cleats don't grip on Folsom's turf, and a velro like substance is incorportared into the jerseys that only work when in contact with the special gloves made for Oregon's defense.

Time for Bohn to dial up Adidas or Under Armor to free CU from Nike oppression.

Is there any reason why they cant make next years unis look exactly like these?

[video=youtube;fBLDasZ0m6o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBLDasZ0m6o[/video]

[video=youtube;MoTHce2GkeU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoTHce2GkeU&feature=related[/video]

Interesting re-tweet by the Ralphie Report:

RT @JohnWGaddis: @RalphieReport Bohn said CU to wear same '90 jerseys this year as last year. Hearing big changes for '12 though.

Let the paranoia begin...

I really hope we don't let them do to us what they did to ASU:

asuv.jpg

It looks like Nike is trying to help rebrand the Pac-12 as a whole. I guess CU is next and who else as well?

I am completely fine with our jerseys now, but If they do something crazy i just hope we get Silver jerseys out of it.

Interesting re-tweet by the Ralphie Report:

Let the paranoia begin...

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back