What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado Men's Basketball at Arizona Official Game thread

Well it was both. Arizona looked the worst they have all season early in the first half and again most of the second half. Colorado on the other hand, seemed like they were playing absolutely lights out. I don't mean to take anything away from you guys, but that really looked like your absolute best game vs. our absolute worst for a while there. Colorado was hitting everything they threw up, from guys who normally don't hit shots like that. The fact that you still couldn't pull it off (setting aside the bad call for a moment) has to be a little concerning for the Buffs.

I doubt Colorado shoots that well or Arizona comes out that flat in their next meeting. But we'll see.
OMG! Did you see what we did at the end of last year? Look at our youth. We are growing. We will only get better.

He is trolling now. Isn't it amazing how much better Arizona looked when we got in serious foul trouble

Well it was both. Arizona looked the worst they have all season early in the first half and again most of the second half. Colorado on the other hand, seemed like they were playing absolutely lights out. I don't mean to take anything away from you guys, but that really looked like your absolute best game vs. our absolute worst for a while there. Colorado was hitting everything they threw up, from guys who normally don't hit shots like that. The fact that you still couldn't pull it off (setting aside the bad call for a moment) has to be a little concerning for the Buffs.

I doubt Colorado shoots that well or Arizona comes out that flat in their next meeting. But we'll see.
You needed an awful, nationally bashed call by the refs to beat us in your own building. Don't give me that BS.

Have fun playing us at the Keg. Just like last year...

He is trolling now. Isn't it amazing how much better Arizona looked when we got in serious foul trouble
True that. It's amazing how in the last 10 minutes the refs suddenly started calling a lot of touch fouls on us that they wouldn't have even called in the NBA. Interesting coincidence. I guess when our best players aren't playing, Arizona can start playing well against us.

You know, it's funny how the reaction has changed since last year. When we beat them 2 out of 3, it was "good job and good luck, see you next year, maybe this will be a rivalry, etc." But after Thursday, I've seen a lot of excuses from the same “gracious" UofA fans, claiming CU played their game of the year, Arizona played awful, and citing missed calls by the refs (mainly when Dinwiddie fell). they're largely reluctant to give CU credit for playing a good game.

I think Thursday was a wake-up call for a lot of UofA fans. They really thought last year was a down year for them, they'd come back behind that big recruiting class to reclaim their throne in the PAC, while CU faded away again. The game Thursday scared them, and I think they'll start treating this like a true rivalry going forward.

Andy Katz said during halftime of the Rutgers-Pitt game that with all this realignment that's happened, there is a lot that was lost or will soon be lost on the rivalry front. Then he singled out CU-UA as the one he could think of on the positive side that's giving us a new rivalry that's brewing.

I'm starting to feel it a little bit. I also think Utah will get there. Historically, that's an excellent program and they'll be back.

Rivalries are most effectively created when you play a number of close, meaningful games against an opponent. A rivalry with UA appears to be in its infancy. We could do a lot worse.

Rivalries are most effectively created when you play a number of close, meaningful games against an opponent. A rivalry with UA appears to be in its infancy. We could do a lot worse.
There are a ton of Colorado fans in Arizona. Tucson is a 12 or 13 hour drive. Great place to go in the winter. I could get down with a nice little rivalry with them. Plus, my wife is a UofA grad and all the in laws live in Tucson/Sierra Vista.

I didn't really feel all that bad about the refs most of the game. We looked tired and slap happy towards the end of the game and struggled with cutting down on passing lanes and dribble penetration, which almost always ends up in fouls. There were a few momentum/hometown calls but I'm sure we received some beneficial stuff throughout that I didn't notice because I am a homer.

It's no doubt frustrating to lose that way, from us choking to the refs overturning with "indisputable" evidence a call that looked to have evidence of a make instead. But if you told any of us before the game that we'd take Arizona to OT on the road, in a game that we snatched defeat from the jaws of victory blowing a double digit lead late, we would have all gladly accepted that. Lots of positives from this game and we have no excuse if we don't come out with the same intensity in our other conference road games. Also, <3 Scott. Absolutely my favorite player already.

I didn't really feel all that bad about the refs most of the game. We looked tired and slap happy towards the end of the game and struggled with cutting down on passing lanes and dribble penetration, which almost always ends up in fouls. There were a few momentum/hometown calls but I'm sure we received some beneficial stuff throughout that I didn't notice because I am a homer.

It's no doubt frustrating to lose that way, from us choking to the refs overturning with "indisputable" evidence a call that looked to have evidence of a make instead. But if you told any of us before the game that we'd take Arizona to OT on the road, in a game that we snatched defeat from the jaws of victory blowing a double digit lead late, we would have all gladly accepted that. Lots of positives from this game and we have no excuse if we don't come out with the same intensity in our other conference road games. Also, <3 Scott. Absolutely my favorite player already.

Not on board with rationalizing getting robbed.

I know this has been discussed ad nauseum, but because it’s still getting brought up...where did this perception come from that the refs missed the call on Chen’s shot? I'm yet to see a video or photo which definitively shows the ball out of Chen's hand before the clock hits zero. Now conversely there is nothing out there that definitively shows the ball still on his fingers at zero; point is that it was a very close play, probably as close as could possibly be, and was inconclusive either way. We weren't screwed, we were just on the wrong side of a 50/50 call. What was most upsetting to me about this game wasn't the call at the end, it was the fact that we blew a 10 point lead with 1:45 left. But that sequence was largely forgotten in the hoopla of the final play. The last 2 minutes of that game were a clinic on how to blow a seemingly comfortable lead. Link below is a two frame clip of what I think is the best look at the shot. Would be helpful to have one more frame between the ones that are shown.

http://www.thebloodyowl.com/2013/01...do-by-waiving-off-game-winning-three-pointer/

1232550426_worf%20face%20palm.gif

I know this has been discussed ad nauseum, but because it’s still getting brought up...where did this perception come from that the refs missed the call on Chen’s shot? I'm yet to see a video or photo which definitively shows the ball out of Chen's hand before the clock hits zero. Now conversely there is nothing out there that definitively shows the ball still on his fingers at zero; point is that it was a very close play, probably as close as could possibly be, and was inconclusive either way. We weren't screwed, we were just on the wrong side of a 50/50 call. What was most upsetting to me about this game wasn't the call at the end, it was the fact that we blew a 10 point lead with 1:45 left. But that sequence was largely forgotten in the hoopla of the final play. The last 2 minutes of that game were a clinic on how to blow a seemingly comfortable lead. Link below is a two frame clip of what I think is the best look at the shot. Would be helpful to have one more frame between the ones that are shown.

http://www.thebloodyowl.com/2013/01...do-by-waiving-off-game-winning-three-pointer/

agreed video was inconclusive. However the refs called it good on the floor and then went to review that call. If video evidence is inconclusive, then the original call stands. The refs overturned the call without sufficient evidence. That is how we got screwed.

agreed video was inconclusive. However the refs called it good on the floor and then went to review that call. If video evidence is inconclusive, then the original call stands. The refs overturned the call without sufficient evidence. That is how we got screwed.

While that does logically make sense and should be how things work, my understanding (someone correct me if i'm wrong) is that the rules are not the same as football replay, they don't need clear evidence to overturn the original call, they can just make whatever call they feel is correct based on the replay so the fact that it was called good on the court is essentially irrelevant.

You can clearly see space between Chen's fingers and the ball at 0.0 right after 0.1...

8343745495_d889da6b71_o.gif

But, the refs have a special high speed camera they use for replays that no one else can see.

They let the crowd influence their decision, that's just the fact of the matter. Yes we screwed up and blew our chance at not even being in that situation, but it came down to a last second shot by a player to decide the game, he got it off in time, and the refs decided the outcome instead. It was stupid, but we got our revenge and it added a little fuel to the rivalry discussion.

You can clearly see space between Chen's fingers and the ball at 0.0 right after 0.1...

8343745495_d889da6b71_o.gif

Yes, it's out at zero, but it has to be out before zero. We also don't know the image is the exact time the clock hit zero, it jumps from one frame to another, hence me saying it would be helpful to have a frame between those two. And if it was in fact at zero even a couple hundredths of a second before the frame that is shown then the ball conceivably could have still been on his fingers considering that its only about 1 cm off. All the semantics aside, again point is that it's too close to call conclusively.

Yes, it's out at zero, but it has to be out before zero. We also don't know the image is the exact time the clock hit zero, it jumps from one frame to another, hence me saying it would be helpful to have a frame between those two. And if it was in fact at zero even a couple hundredths of a second before the frame that is shown then the ball conceivably could have still been on his fingers considering that its only about 1 cm off. All the semantics aside, again point is that it's too close to call conclusively.
It's a call where you leave it what it was called on the court, which was a made basket.

chenbuzzer.jpg

Unless sabatino has 5in finger nails, the ball is off. We got robbed. it happens. The sports nations knows that we did. The wildcats know we did. Hell even Sean Miller knows we did. Its just one of those things that you deal with.

chenbuzzer.jpg

Unless sabatino has 5in finger nails, the ball is off. We got robbed. it happens. The sports nations knows that we did. The wildcats know we did. Hell even Sean Miller knows we did. Its just one of those things that you deal with.

Look at the video clip on the top of the page. The ball is indisputably still on his fingers at .1

Last edited:
It's a call where you leave it what it was called on the court, which was a made basket.

Not sure where that idea comes from (and it's been prevalent since that game) ... the ref who raised his arms when Chen took the shot was simply signaling that he was beyond the 3 point line when he released it ... not signaling that he got it off in time. Also JRK is correct that CBB does not subscribe to the NFL standard of "the call on the field must be refuted by incontrovertible evidence."

Mind you ... I think Chen got it off in time and it should have counted, but it's history ... I'm looking to the future.

J-R-K. Trolling like a little bitch as always. Shot was off. I WENT TO UOFA AND ALL OF MY WILDCAT FRIENDS THINK THAT **** WAS OFF. So shut the **** up already and go put on your cornhusker uni.

Reactions: RK
Shot was off. I WENT TO UOFA AND ALL OF MY WILDCAT FRIENDS THINK THAT **** WAS OFF.

Oh damn really? Why didn't you say so earlier? You and your impeccable logic and intricate examination into the shot could have single-handily ended the national debate around whether or not it was good.

Oh damn really? Why didn't you say so earlier? You and your impeccable logic and intricate examination into the shot could have single-handily ended the national debate around whether or not it was good.

Pretty sure the "national debate" concluded it was off. Also pretty sure it is "single-handedly," but knock yourself out bro. With all of your "logic," I'm actually laughing my ass off you even spelled "logic" right.

Look at the video clip on the top of the page. The ball is indisputably still on his fingers at .1

No the .gif only shows his hand is behind the ball. Like it is in the still. From that video shot from behind you cannot tell where it is in relation to his fingers. The side view shows the space between his hand and the ball. The blur is what gives it the ambiguity. He got the shot off. Everyone thinks he got the shot off. The refs bailed out a Zona team that was in a situation that they shouldn't have been in in the first place. If we play some defense or make some free throws its a moot point, but Chen hit the shot, got it off in time and should have been the biggest hero of the season by delivering us the program's biggest road win in the modern era. It sucked, we got revenge, we have moved on. The win should still be ours though.

Pretty sure the "national debate" concluded it was off. Also pretty sure it is "single-handedly," but knock yourself out bro. With all of your "logic," I'm actually laughing my ass off you even spelled "logic" right.

From past experience on here, when a dispute devolves into someone criticizing my spelling/grammar, it's just a pretty good sign that I've won the argument.

That all you got, or will there be any actual evidence proving the shot was good?

From past experience on here, when a dispute devolves into someone criticizing my spelling/grammar, it's just a pretty good sign that I've won the argument.

That all you got, or will there be any actual evidence proving the shot was good?

Are you serious...? Really?

I thought the American people elected you to run the country... quit taking time off to troll and fix our economy already.

Back