What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado or Washington?

Better beer?

• Colorado

• Washington

Results are only viewable after voting.
Washington wins in hops, colorado better beer. Washington more of a wine state.

Now, oregon .....

I think Red Hook(Seattle?)was one of the first micro/craft brews I ever had. My Dad loved it way back in the day.

Elysian was the only decent beer I've ever had from Washington, so it's not even close. If we want to have a real discussion, it would take comparing Colorado to Oregon, California, and Michigan in the craft beer arena.

Elysian was the only decent beer I've ever had from Washington, so it's not even close. If we want to have a real discussion, it would take comparing Colorado to Oregon, California, and Michigan in the craft beer arena.
How can anyone who chooses the handle @GoonieBuff pick anything besides Oregon? Bouy? Ft George? Where's your loyalty?

Unfair to group all of Cali into one group. Northern California vs. Southern California vs. Colorado vs. Oregon vs Michigan

Agreed on Elysian, especially their pumpkin ale (don't hate).

Oregon has a strong 1-2 in Ninkasi and Deschutes, while California has staples turned corp sellouts like Lagunitas, Stone, Ballast Point, and the best fest beer in the world, Sierra Nevada.

You can't beat the quality of depth in Colorado though; from local breweries like Ratio, upstarts like Finkel and Garf, craft staples like Great Divide, Avery, and Odells, the big boys in New Belgium and Oskar Blues, and the best lager ever made – COORS BANQUET

The only places I've lived are Colorado and the Northwest. Washington has their fair share of great breweries- out of the ones that I've been to, I thought that Holy Mountain, No-Li, Reuben's Brews, Schooner Exact, and Backwoods were exceptional, and Boundary Bay and Diamond Knot were very good. I also like the readily available beer out of Georgetown as well. However, I could probably name one brewery from Colorado for each of those and half again that are equally as good.

I would say that Washington is a very good beer state but Colorado overwhelms Washington on depth and at the very top end (I could be open to argument, but I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone in Washington making beer as good as Great Divide or Avery).

The state of Washington is full of small, mediocre breweries that most people don't know about and even less care about. A perfect mirror of the football teams in that state.

Washington has some great beer, Elysian is top notch and their bar by the clink is awesome.

Spent a week in Seattle last summer and absolutely loved it. They have tons of small bars that serve only local, craft beer. There's some good stuff there.

I voted colorado though because I live here and so I know everything about it.

The state of Washington is full of small, mediocre breweries that most people don't know about and even less care about. A perfect mirror of the football teams in that state.

lol I wouldn't call them mediocre. But I do think Colorado has more top notch craft breweries.

Back