What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado v Baylor - Charleston Classic SF - November 16th, 2012 - GAME THREAD

Heslip.jpg

Been busy all day with damm work but it sure is nice to see some good news like this!

First win over a non-conference ranked team in almost 40 years. Now I already have visions of us winning at KU in a couple of weeks. :thumbsup:

Baylor looked very undisciplined and uninspired. Drew's team is clearly overrated and seems to be benefiting from their NCAA run from last year. Their inability to adjust to a stiff defense is exposed.

There is no way team in the top 20 should lose on a neutral court to a team that only manages to shoot 4-22 from the line.

CU wanted the game more, but that's not saying much. CU kept the Bears in the game until the very last second. Outside of Ski, the Buffs offense was lackluster. Baylor didn't have heart to exploit CU's gifts. The Bears also lost any illusions of adequacy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Baylor ladies fall today to Stanford. Guess the Pac 12 is continuing to show their dislike for them. Suck it Baylor.

It is amusing that they seem to have no idea why we despise them. Even after telling them, they just don't seem to get it. It's like "whaaaa? Why would you be pissed about that?" :lol:

Got this from the Baylor board. Kept it in the clipboard.

"I wish our girls were on TV tonight versus Stanford. Nothing quite takes away the sting from watching one of these MBB efforts than seeing our girls steamroll a highly-ranked opponent."

Your women lost too. And you have a 6'7" center.

Cross Country, bitches.

Baylor looked very undisciplined and uninspired. Drew's team is clearly overrated and seems to be benefiting from their NCAA run from last year. Their inability to adjust to a stiff defense is exposed.

There is no way team in the top 20 should lose on a neutral court to a team that only manages to shoot 4-22 from the line.

CU wanted the game more, but that's not saying much. CU kept the Bears in the game until the very last second. Outside of Ski, the Buffs offense was lackluster. Baylor didn't have heart to exploit CU's gifts. The Bears also lost any illusions of adequacy.
So..Baylor's overrated and we got lucky.. got it. Not that it matters, but we shot 4-18 from the line.

Anyway, I don't think they're overrated. They're just young, like us, and it's their 4th game of the season. I thought Scott Drew said it best:

"They weren't making free throws but we weren't rebounding from the free throw line," Baylor coach Scott Drew said. "I think it was two teams that wanted to win bad that didn't have postseason execution, but had early-season execution."

Last edited:
So..Baylor's overrated and we got lucky.. got it. Not that it matters, but we shot 4-18 from the line.

Anyway, I don't think they're overrated. They're just young, like us, and it's their 4th game of the season. I thought Scott Drew said it best:

"They weren't making free throws but we weren't rebounding from the free throw line," Baylor coach Scott Drew said. "I think it was two teams that wanted to win bad that didn't have postseason execution, but had early-season execution."

We beat the 5.5 point spread and pulled off an upset. It has yet to be seen whether or not this is CU's signature victory this season. I'm hopeful that CU beats someone ranked higher than 18. We'll have a few chances.

Hats off to the Mayor for doing a great job on defense and Ski for draining baskets like a champ. But we gotta get an offense that can put up more than 60 on a regular basis.

CU's best basketball is still ahead. Baylor beat CU in ABQ by 17. The victory would have been more sweet if we thumped Baylor by 20.

Baylor will bounce between mid-teens to lower 20s all season in the polls. Don't think they're overrated. We did, however, provide teams a blueprint on how to beat them (not the shooting 4/18 from the line part, though)

Back