What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado v UCLA - October 28, 2023 - 5.30pm MT, ABC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to the UCLA-Stanford game last night and Stanford was bad, similar to their first half vs. us, which makes last week so damn frustrating. That UCLA D is nasty though and our OL will struggle. I had hoped our run game could get going this week but it's gonna be a steep uphill climb. Garbers surprisingly started for Moore and was effective. If we can get some pressure, maybe he reverts to week one Garbers. Their run game has a solid 1-2 punch too with Steele and Harden too.

Agree above it depends which Buff team shows up. We could hang in there late for a close game or lose by 3+ scores.

We believe!

Any reasonable model will predict CU losing the rest of 5 games. And that's accurate. Not saying they can not pull an upset, but the chance is slim.

Last edited:
Jennifer Lawrence Ok GIF

And thus continues one of the most consistant behavior patterns in Allbuffs- PAHI's baffling inability to just admit he was wrong.

1. Gets corrected.
2. Writes "What I meant was..."
3. Writes something that means something entirely different than original post.
4. Implies you were too stupid to understand original post.
5. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Last edited:
My first issue from my first subscription to sports illustrated was the one with Douglas Looney’s article on the dysfunction of the football team and the AD in 1980. Quite the eye opener for a little kid to read about spending $40,000 on an office and $1500 on helmet decals we would never use, and getting destroyed 82-42 by OU.
A family friend of mine was on that team.

This spot is a **** ton of exposure. We can't get housed next week.

But couldn't resist adding, "I've forgotten more than you could know."

If you're in the mood for self-reflection, that's why you get ridiculed, Boomer.
Oh nooooo. Not the very original and so hurtful "Boomer". Can I get directions to your safe space?

Unfortunately, if we lose-out our PAC 12 record will be 1-7, the same as last year under Dorrell. It will be very easy the argue the program is still flailing if we have same conference record as last year under the worst head coach imaginable.
So you're saying that the hypothetical of losing the final 6 games / 7 out 8... that would be a bad thing?

So you're saying that the hypothetical of losing the final 6 games / 7 out 8... that would be a bad thing?

Problem is Prime sold, and many believed, this team would be substantially better. If we go 1-7 in conference again, with probably a first round draft pick at QB, it‘s going to have a negative impact on NIL fund raising, which I am pretty close to.

Unfortunately, if we lose-out our PAC 12 record will be 1-7, the same as last year under Dorrell. It will be very easy the argue the program is still flailing if we have same conference record as last year under the worst head coach imaginable.
That isn't going to happen. I don't see beating Utah, but pretty much every other game is a toss-up.

Chill the **** out. Jesus lol.

That isn't going to happen. I don't see beating Utah, but pretty much every other game is a toss-up.

Chill the **** out. Jesus lol.

Who are we going to beat? I certainly hope you are right, but we will be underdogs in every remaining game.

Problem is Prime sold, and many believed, this team would be substantially better. If we go 1-7 in conference again, with probably a first round draft pick at QB, it‘s going to have a negative impact on NIL fund raising, which I am pretty close to.
If you’re simply looking at conference wins and losses, I guess you can say last years team and this years team are the same (in your hypothetical). Nevermind the 3 OOC wins, including against a top 25 team on the road and two rivalry games. Also nevermind that 2022 CU lost by an avg margin of 29 points per game insinuating that there was a very, very large gap between 2022 CU and even the next worst 1-11 program.

In summary, yes, if you apply zero context or critical thought to the comparison, I suppose your assertion would be accurate.

If you’re simply looking at conference wins and losses, I guess you can say last years team and this years team are the same (in your hypothetical). Nevermind the 3 OOC wins, including against a top 25 team on the road and two rivalry games. Also nevermind that 2022 CU lost by an avg margin of 29 points per game insinuating that there was a very, very large gap between 2022 CU and even the next worst 1-11 program.

In summary, yes, if you apply zero context or critical thought to the comparison, I suppose your assertion would be accurate.

I did not say the 2023 team is as bad as the 2022 team, but thanks for trying to put words in my mouth. If you don’t think going 1-7 in conference play will have any negative effects on NIL fundraising, maybe you can write a big check to show that it’s not a big deal.

I did not say the 2023 team is as bad as the 2022 team, but thanks for trying to put words in my mouth. If you don’t think going 1-7 in conference play will have any negative effects on NIL fundraising, maybe you can write a big check to show that it’s not a big deal.
What is this supposed to mean?
“easy to argue the program is still flailing…”

There is obvious improvement in this program and you are literally the only person who would attempt to make this argument. This staff is light years better than the last. The talent is significantly better. The recruiting is in another universe relative to the last handful of years. Only a fool would suggest the program is “still flailing” regardless of what happens. If anything, it should be obvious at this point that this program needs a strong NIL presence in order to avoid losing seasons going forward.

You can always count on buffs233 to be the beacon of positivity. Can't wait for the basketball threads.

Hey win a game and many of my concerns go away. Win two, and we have great momentum to raise new NIL $$$, which is the main thing outside Prime‘s control at CU. And Prime‘s ability to compete at the highest levels at CU will depend on NIL success.

What is this supposed to mean?

“easy to argue the program is still flailing…”

There is obvious improvement in this program and you are literally the only person who would attempt to make this argument. This staff is light years better than the last. The talent is significantly better. The recruiting is in another universe relative to the last handful of years. Only a fool would suggest the program is “still flailing” regardless of what happens. If anything, it should be obvious at this point that this program needs a strong NIL presence in order to avoid losing seasons going forward

It means the main-stream sports media will say the program is still flailing. More importantly, I strongly believe it will negatively NIL fund raising which directly impacts recruiting. We need to win at least one more PAC 12 game.

Besides the increased quality of recruiting, exposure, ticket sales, national attention, fundraising, magically fixed transfer restrictions, 4x wins on the field, 2 wins over rivals, wins over ranked teams, clear improvement in coaching, better budgets, renewed buy-in from old donors, addition of thousands of new fans, buy-in from alumni who never cared before, one of the most positive and charismatic leaders in sports at the helm, limitless connections to corporate America and deep pockets, a coach who can bring in better assistants AND ACTUALLY CARES ENOUGH TO DO IT, and clear vision and hope for the future…. I’d say it’s pretty much exactly like Karl Dorrell’s tenure

Can someone empty Buffs233’s drool bucket? I think it spilled on their keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back