What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado v USC - September 30, 2023 - 10am MT, FOX

I am not sure there is really much difference between the 2022 OL/DL and the 2023 OL/DL. It'll get fixed in 2024, but its pretty surprising how woeful the talent is there this year.
I am confident it will improve. I don't think any team has faced 4 weeks with defensive fronts as good as CU has dealt with. All 4 emotional games with a lot of adrenaline from those opponents, too.

I expect to see a lot of growth with that 3-week stretch of ASU-Stan-Bye before facing that excellent UCLA front 7.

I am not sure there is really much difference between the 2022 OL/DL and the 2023 OL/DL. It'll get fixed in 2024, but its pretty surprising how woeful the talent is there this year.
I think both are definitely better across the board, but when both were historically bad, "better" does not necessarily mean good. I think things on the OL would have been significantly better had they been able to keep Roddick and Tommy Brown.

I am confident it will improve. I don't think any team has faced 4 weeks with defensive fronts as good as CU has dealt with. All 4 emotional games with a lot of adrenaline from those opponents, too.

I expect to see a lot of growth with that 3-week stretch of ASU-Stan-Bye before facing that excellent UCLA front 7.
Yeah, when Kamara was out of the game, CSU's front wasn't much of a factor in pass rush if I remember correctly, and he's a legit NFL guy. Oregon and Nebraska both have really good fronts. The talent is certainly there for USC to dominate like Oregon did, but I'm just not sure how well coached they are.

We shall see, but both lines did get dominated at times during that CSU game. There is still a lot to work through there and room for improvement, but there is absolutely no room for injuries.

Yeah, when Kamara was out of the game, CSU's front wasn't much of a factor in pass rush if I remember correctly, and he's a legit NFL guy. Oregon and Nebraska both have really good fronts. The talent is certainly there for USC to dominate like Oregon did, but I'm just not sure how well coached they are.
Them getting legit pressure rushing 4 is highly concerning given the woeful offensive line at Colorado.

we have a chance-- the rbs have to factor in somehow, even if we don't get a "good" ground game going.

no one including usc is going to "overlook" us at this point, but if we catch a couple of breaks, it could be a dog fight.

we have a chance-- the rbs have to factor in somehow, even if we don't get a "good" ground game going.

no one including usc is going to "overlook" us at this point, but if we catch a couple of breaks, it could be a dog fight.
I'm hoping it's a dogfight. My fiancé went to USC to get her doctorate and I can't stand to hear about how we've never beat them. I don't think I've wanted a win against SC more than I do now.

settle down. i understand why the students want to rush the field. and i understand the risk to players and coaches associated with rushing the field. in particular, Coach Prime doesn't need to get stepped on or run over. that is why there are all those security guys around him.

i am going to go ahead and predict that if we win, the field will get stormed and i bet rg and the whole staff will be fine with it-- protect Coach Prime at all costs, however.

Rick George is doing his job. Sheesh.
Major vibes right here
perrie GIF

Buffs win, and poach the top talent from the Condoms…and their recruits. The Flatirons really woo them!

Haven’t seen Shedeur take a snap from center all season. 100% shotgun.

They’ve figured it out. Can’t try the run if you’re not going to have formations under center … I thought they’d switch up and run Smoke vs CSU to change it up but no …. Same thing.

Too much of a good thing (shotgun spread approach) is a bad thing when they don’t mix it up. I want some power run looks like we did vs TCU on the goal line. Fake out of that to throw to the Antonio, Harrison, Fauria types.
Just give the D some different looks to think about. Oregon was teeing off.

They’ve figured it out. Can’t try the run if you’re not going to have formations under center … I thought they’d switch up and run Smoke vs CSU to change it up but no …. Same thing.

Too much of a good thing (shotgun spread approach) is a bad thing when they don’t mix it up. I want some power run looks like we did vs TCU on the goal line. Fake out of that to throw to the Antonio, Harrison, Fauria types.
We’ll never see Shedeur under center in this offense or any other modern offense.

I’m not a tough guy, I’m just funny.

Also, again, my grandma is dying and I wanna give her a wedding to celebrate before the curtain closes so kys
You don't have to justify anything to me. I'm just a voice on the net. Saying that, I'm happy you are getting married and doing things for your grandma. I'm just giving you ****. It's all good Brother.

Snaps from under center are basically dead in nearly every successful offense in college.

Back