What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado vs Michigan 9/17

I hope we saved some spread tricks for these guys.

I hope Leavitt has it in for his old boss and spent a lot of extra time on film trying to rattle their rookie QB.

I hope that was ruin their saturday.

/koolaid

I hope Leavitt has it in for his old boss and spent a lot of extra time on film trying to rattle their rookie QB.

/koolaid

I've got to believe that it's the Buffs who will pull out all the stops in this game. The Michigan coaches probably view this as a game they can win with pretty simple game plans . . . just run their offense and their defense and they'll win with better athletes and save any tricks for their "Big" games. I expect the Buffs to pull some **** we haven't seen yet this season, including throws to the TE.

/koolaid
considering we shut down our offense sometime around the 2d quarter of game one and went vanilla, that Michigan did the same, and that most teams don't show their full offense until game 4, I think it's safe to say both teams probably have quite a few things up their sleeves. Veteran defense should help us there though.

considering we shut down our offense sometime around the 2d quarter of game one and went vanilla, that Michigan did the same, and that most teams don't show their full offense until game 4, I think it's safe to say both teams probably have quite a few things up their sleeves. Veteran defense should help us there though.
I was listening to Mark Johnson and Gary Barnett discuss whether or not CU should limit showing a lot of their offense against Idaho St. and GB said that, on the contrary, you should show as much as you can because that makes the opposing coaching staff have to analyze more stuff and plan for more stuff.

I was listening to Mark Johnson and Gary Barnett discuss whether or not CU should limit showing a lot of their offense against Idaho St. and GB said that, on the contrary, you should show as much as you can because that makes the opposing coaching staff have to analyze more stuff and plan for more stuff.
I also personally feel you would get more benefit executing your system and getting the players familiar with it in game situations.

We were vanilla as soon as the second string guys started to rotate in cause those guys are still trying to get the basics down. We seemed pretty damn vanilla in second half of CSU too.

I also personally feel you would get more benefit executing your system and getting the players familiar with it in game situations.
There are definitely some "setup" plays where you want the team to prepare for them but you build plays off of that too.

There are definitely some "setup" plays where you want the team to prepare for them but you build plays off of that too.

Oh of course, the entire premise of the play-action pass? People get mad at 3-yard runs up the middle, but you have to run that **** to make the secondary and linebackers stay honest.

We got a nice little shout-out on this week's SBNation Solid Verbal podcast.

Brought up the depth chart thing and called for us to cover this week (though not win, lol)

One of the host's also said there isn't another team he wants more to get back to being good again. I've been seeing that sentiment a lot on general CFB boards.

We got a nice little shout-out on this week's SBNation Solid Verbal podcast.

Brought up the depth chart thing and called for us to cover this week (though not win, lol)

One of the host's also said there isn't another team he wants more to get back to being good again. I've been seeing that sentiment a lot on general CFB boards.

Colorado is cool. People have very positive associations with the state. In terms of the football program, cool uniforms, great traditions like Ralphie, and an awesome town to visit for a road game. Sleeping giant for the past decade.

Matchup
i
i

1st Downs 15 23
3rd down efficiency 2-14 8-18
4th down efficiency 2-5 3-4
Total Yards 331 447
Passing 56 328
Comp-Att 6-22 27-41
Yards per pass 2.5 8.0
Interceptions thrown 0 0
Rushing 275 119
Rushing Attempts 46 41
Yards per rush 6.0 2.9
Penalties 9-76 2-20
Turnovers 2 0
Fumbles lost 2 0
Interceptions thrown 0 0
Possession 25:35 34:25

Looks like an opportunity to run the ball. 6.0 a carry - I'll take that
Looks like um run game is stoppable.
ucf only completed 6 passes?
Those 2 turnovers didn't help.

Matchup
i
i

1st Downs 16 26
3rd down efficiency 1-11 7-7
4th down efficiency 1-2 0-0
Total Yards 232 512
Passing 151 206
Comp-Att 12-23 17-20
Yards per pass 6.6 10.3
Interceptions thrown 2 1
Rushing 81 306
Rushing Attempts 37 39
Yards per rush 2.2 7.8
Penalties 8-60 3-33
Turnovers 2 1
Fumbles lost 0 0
Interceptions thrown 2 1
Possession 32:05 27:55

Matchup
i
i

1st Downs 15 23
3rd down efficiency 2-14 8-18
4th down efficiency 2-5 3-4
Total Yards 331 447
Passing 56 328
Comp-Att 6-22 27-41
Yards per pass 2.5 8.0
Interceptions thrown 0 0
Rushing 275 119
Rushing Attempts 46 41
Yards per rush 6.0 2.9
Penalties 9-76 2-20
Turnovers 2 0
Fumbles lost 2 0
Interceptions thrown 0 0
Possession 25:35 34:25

What's kind of funny to me is how much people seem to denigrate CU's schedule but try to give respect to Michigan's schedule. CSU has been a bowl team. Very solid G5 program. Also a rival played at a neutral site with about 50/50 fan attendance. That's a difficult game.

Certainly more difficult than Hawaii at home at 11am CT (6am Hawaii time).
Certainly more difficult than a home game against a UCF squad that went 0-12 last year.

Basically, Michigan has played a Baylor type non-conference schedule so far.

Looks like an opportunity to run the ball. 6.0 a carry - I'll take that
Looks like um run game is stoppable.
ucf only completed 6 passes?
Those 2 turnovers didn't help.
Apparently UCF gained 212yds of that on 5 carries. So the numbers are a little skewed. That being said, apparently Michigan is susceptible to explosive runs.

What's kind of funny to me is how much people seem to denigrate CU's schedule but try to give respect to Michigan's schedule. CSU has been a bowl team. Very solid G5 program. Also a rival played at a neutral site with about 50/50 fan attendance. That's a difficult game.

Certainly more difficult than Hawaii at home at 11am CT (6am Hawaii time).
Certainly more difficult than a home game against a UCF squad that went 0-12 last year.

Basically, Michigan has played a Baylor type non-conference schedule so far.
CSU went from everyone's favorite Big 12 candidate to an argument against CU's first two wins real quick.

Back