What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado vs. Oregon State - Nov 4 - 8PM, ESPN

Thankfully coach Prime can recruit because he hasn't shown much in his ability to coach during the game.
I believe in him. I seen a lot of good at JSU but I also saw some bad. The difference is, the bad is unforgivable at this level whereas if wasn't at JSU for the most part. He will adjust. I've seen some adjustments already but the game management is still rough and that has to improve.

The one thing that is bouncing through my head is that Prime has his Microphone up in the air and he is not talking to anyone in the headsets about anything at all. His voice would seem to resonate if he wanted to change the tone or guide what he wanted to have happen.
That seems incredibly odd for a man like Prime who has motivational skills like no other.
If he is trusting his Coordinators 100%, then the Stanford game is 100% on Lewis, and the first half today is 50/50 on Lewis and Shurmur
Crazy

Deion Jr blaming the refs... maybe he should definitely turn the camera on his dad....
This was more on his lil bro. He didn't have it tonight till the 4th and even then, it was moreso the magic of the WRs than 2 tonight. That said, I was very impressed by Shilo

Gee ... who could have possibly forseen that we would lose by the 7 points we essentially gave them with the absolutely unfathonable play calling at the end of the first half?

I would really like for Shurmur, Lewis, or Prime to explain that strategy, whoever was responsible for it.

I know this is super frustrating, just want to remind everyone this:

Go check out the game we had against UCLA and Oregon State last season. Then tell me how is this not a much better team.

I still think the future is bright. CP needs to make some big changes on the offensive side.
You smokin that goooood copium.

Better players often cover up mistakes by coaches. We had 4-5 drops that changed the game. We had blown protections that undercut open plays. Yes, the coaches had big lapses, but this game hinged on their players making more plays on offense than our players did on offense.

I really hope Deion learns from these mistakes. You got to play the situation and the clock. Get out of the half and this is a whole different game.
I know it’s obvious, but the difference ended up being the game management at the end of the half.

Better players often cover up mistakes by coaches. We had 4-5 drops that changed the game. We had blown protections that undercut open plays. Yes, the coaches had big lapses, but this game hinged on their players making more plays on offense than our players did on offense.
It is a tragic blend of both
I put more on the coaches, but the players are not making plays and making things worse
Oregon State is not that brilliant of a team, but they do not cause losses, they prevent them
We have a staff that causes losses

The one thing that is bouncing through my head is that Prime has his Microphone up in the air and he is not talking to anyone in the headsets about anything at all. His voice would seem to resonate if he wanted to change the tone or guide what he wanted to have happen.
That seems incredibly odd for a man like Prime who has motivational skills like no other.
If he is trusting his Coordinators 100%, then the Stanford game is 100% on Lewis, and the first half today is 50/50 on Lewis and Shurmur
Crazy

If Shurmur is calling the plays and Lewis is just signaling them, then how does that blame get split 50/50? Seems like it should be more 99.999/0.001

Better clock management skills, Prime or Nathaniel Hackett?

Excuse Me What GIF by Bounce

non-insiders are going to blame this on the play calling changes. i think that is right and also wrong. offense played tentative and slow a lot. i liked the schemes better overall. i think had they made the switch at the bye, we'd be looking at a whole different deal right now.

this **** is hard.

covered.

Prime has now said a million times that he would prefer to have more receivers out in the pattern than have people block
So, he is betting on his son to make a pass happen despite huge pressure
That works in Pee Wee
That works in High School
That worked at Jackson
That does not work in P5 with top-flight pass rushers
Keep SS healthy

Prime has now said a million times that he would prefer to have more receivers out in the pattern than have people block
So, he is betting on his son to make a pass happen despite huge pressure
That works in Pee Wee
That works in High School
That worked at Jackson
That does not work in P5 with top-flight pass rushers
Keep SS healthy
So is it on the OC, whomever it is, or Prime for the lack of protection on SS? I'm confused.

It is a tragic blend of both
I put more on the coaches, but the players are not making plays and making things worse
Oregon State is not that brilliant of a team, but they do not cause losses, they prevent them
We have a staff that causes losses
I think the coaches put the players in many positions to succeed and the players didn’t make the plays that were needed.

Back