What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado vs. Oregon State - Nov 4 - 8PM, ESPN

Pretty sure it's more about ESPN than Yormark.

And we will continue to have ESPN for the next six years in the B12. At least we will not be worrying about the P12N much longer and that is okay with me even if ESPN keeps putting us on the late game slots in the later part of the season because both AZ schools would most likely get the early season late night games due to the heat down there.

I'm surprised that CU hasn't played on FS1 this season so far.

This makes 3 8pm starts for us at home and if the first 2 are any indication this one won't kick off until about 10:20 or so.

Since the Arizona game seems destined for P12N hopefully we'll get a noon start.

This makes 3 8pm starts for us at home and if the first 2 are any indication this one won't kick off until about 10:20 or so.

Since the Arizona game seems destined for P12N hopefully we'll get a noon start.
11/17 at Wazzu is also a 10:30pm ET kick

I assume Utah will be a FOX 330 ET or something like it typically is

Add in the WSU game and we are at 4 games, so far, that start after 8 pm MT this year.

Awesome. I got tickets for 2 of my son's friends and their dads.

Yay for taking 3 9 year olds to an 8 pm start. On November 4th. In Boulder.

**** you, ESPN.

ETA - is there any reason why they have to continually do the night games in cold weather states?

Do they not have enough games in CA and AZ and probably TX that they don't have to have fans shivering their asses off and leaving at halftime because they're freezing their nuts off in cold weather states?

Awesome. I got tickets for 2 of my son's friends and their dads.

Yay for taking 3 9 year olds to an 8 pm start. On November 4th. In Boulder.

**** you, ESPN.

ETA - is there any reason why they have to continually do the night games in cold weather states?

Do they not have enough games in CA and AZ and probably TX that they don't have to have fans shivering their asses off and leaving at halftime because they're freezing their nuts off in cold weather states?
Warm state bias

I ❤️ football at night

And if anyone wants to do a double header and go to the Army vs AFA game at noon at Mile High, before tailgating for the CU game, I'm trying to make that work.
i would love it!…if i was 30 yrs old!…8pm games in boulder just about shut my whole body down now a days…wont get home til 2am if i stay til the end

i would love it!…if i was 30 yrs old!…8pm games in boulder just about shut my whole body down now a days…wont get home til 2am if i stay til the end
I get it.

I've always taken a sort of pride in not being "a morning person" or an "evening person". I like to think I can be highly functional any time of the day.

But I had my kids at a young age (not necessarily recommended) and thus became an empty-nester at a relatively young age. I can accomodate my schedule with a lot more ease than many people.

but, damn, I love the energy of the crowd at night. I love love love having my entire day free for other stuff and still being able to enjoy a football game in the evening.

and, over the course of the year, games kick off between 10AM and 8PM. there's some game times optimized for everyone in there, and some games each of us make concessions to attend.

I get it.

I've always taken a sort of pride in not being "a morning person" or an "evening person". I like to think I can be highly functional any time of the day.

But I had my kids at a young age (not necessarily recommended) and thus became an empty-nester at a relatively young age. I can accomodate my schedule with a lot more ease than many people.

but, damn, I love the energy of the crowd at night. I love love love having my entire day free for other stuff and still being able to enjoy a football game in the evening.

and, over the course of the year, games kick off between 10AM and 8PM. there's some game times optimized for everyone in there, and some games each of us make concessions to attend.

5:30 or 6 o'clock games - awesome.

8 pm games in November - not so much.

I was freezing my ass off at the Stanford game, I can only imagine what this one will be.

It's the price of Prime though - other than UW at USC, there are no Pac-12 ranked teams playing each other, which kinda puts CU vs a ranked team at the top of the list. ABC snagged UW at USC, so we're stuck with this.

We might have gotten a better time on Pac-12 network, in fact I'm sure we would have, but even a 10 pm EST start on ESPN is way better exposure than anything on the Pac-12 network (I know, thanks Captain Obvious).

We are 11 1/2 point dogs.

Vegas is dern accurate. Saturday is going to be a long day, especially not starting till 8pm

Back