What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado vs. Oregon State - Nov 4 - 8PM, ESPN

Do you believe ???? The problem is everyone from the Media all the way to Deion himself hyped this team up early on which led to the lofty expectations. Now they have to live with the consequences of those actions.
It’s called breathing life into a long-moribund program. No one else could have done it better. No one else could have brought in all the talent he added in one—essentially—6 month window of transfer portal. We have 4 and 5 star players on campus, seriously considering coming here regularly now. When was the last time that was true here? That’s the really gem in all of this. You can’t build to being great again without great recruiting, plain and simple. That takes time—even in the transfer portal era. Building dominate DL and OL takes time, especially from where we were—possibly the worse in all of CF.

Not sure what these horrible “consequences” are, when we finally have what we have long needed: hope and a foreseeable exciting path to relevance and being a good team again.

It’s called breathing life into a long-moribund program. No one else could have done it better. No one else could have brought in all the talent he added in one—essentially—6 month window of transfer portal. We have 4 and 5 star players on campus, seriously considering coming here regularly now. When was the last time that was true here? That’s the really gem in all of this. You can’t build to being great again without great recruiting, plain and simple. That takes time—even in the transfer portal era. Building dominate DL and OL takes time, especially from where we were—possibly the worse in all of CF.

Not sure what these horrible “consequences” are, when we finally have what we have long needed: hope and a foreseeable exciting path to relevance and being a good team again.
Dude it’s a troll account

Don't respond to the troll earnestly, dummy

This is a math problem.

Here are the items to solve. These are knowable scenarios that can be gamed out (i.e. simulated) to get a better idea about the probabilities of success or failure.

What are the chances of:

Colorado’s OL/RB being able to sufficiently run block against an 8-man Oregon State front to gain 3+ yards? 1+ yards?

How frequently does Colorado’s OL/RB run for 0 yards against this 8-man front from Oregon State? Negative yards?

How frequently does Colorado’s QB/RB turn the ball over against an 8-man front?

Versus

How well can Colorado’s OL protect the QB for <3 seconds to throw a quick pass against an 8-man front?

How often can Colorado’s WRs catch a quick (<3 second) pass against Oregon State’s DBs in single coverage (or potentially zone coverage)?

How often can Colorado’s QB successfully release a sufficiently accurate quick pass within 3 seconds? How often does Colorado’s QB turn the ball over when releasing the ball within 3 seconds? How often is he sacked when he’s releasing the ball within 3 seconds? All against this specific 8-man front and man/zone in the Oregon State secondary.

After you perform this math problem, you can see the correct outcome. The obvious choice is not what you think.
Justin Timberlake What GIF

Rewatching the game and you are big time right
Not sure he practiced that much or made long throws in practice cause he overthrew a TD to Horn and underthrew that long potential TD to Travis. No actual pressure on either play, but he is hurt and he is hearing or seeing ghosts and is not sure on his throws. Very sad considering his normal accuracy.
He's hurting bad. Heard from a doctor we tailgate with that knows many trainers on staff that SS2 spent the majority of last week in the training room and not on the field. Ultrasound, reflexology, massage therapy. The dude is evidently in a bad, bad way.

in the presser, CP basically dismissed the entire idea of a TE. Brewster needs to go get a real job. His skills are wasted at CU.

EDIT: Also, his answer to the Caleb Fauria question was odd. He got pretty snippy with the reporter, when all he had to say was " Caleb Fauria isn't with our team any longer but we enjoyed coaching him, we thank him for his contributions, and we wish him the very best going forward." This stuff should just roll off the tongue effortlessly but lately with CP it doesn't. It appears to elevate very minor issues.
I don't blame him for being snippy on that answer. Fauria is an entitled POS that should've have NEVER been here in the first place and turned into a cancer. GTFO Caleb.

I don't blame him for being snippy on that answer. Fauria is an entitled POS that should've have NEVER been here in the first place and turned into a cancer. GTFO Caleb.
I don't know about any of that, and you might be right, but that's not how CP should handle the PR side of it in a press conference. Just basic media mgmt, which is part of a HC's job. Keep it simple and move on.

I’d definitely love seeing less articles on players complaining about parking tickets on campus

as long as Prime shows some humility and growth on the game management and personnel choice front, I still believe
I see no reason for Prime to show "humility." He is who he is and he is honest about it.

He is a man with supreme confidence. That is a big part of why high achievers are attracted to him, why he can get kids on campus who normally would never even bother putting an offer from Colorado on their social media pages.

I know it rubs some people wrong, too bad for them. He rubbed a lot of people wrong when he was going to pro bowls and the world series as a player as well.

The game management side will come, he is very early in a coaching career compared to the guys he is coaching against and he has frequently stood up and taken responsibility for his coaching errors.

He will also make changes in the staff this off-season. So will a lot of schools. It is part of the process. Any time you have a new situation you hire the best guys you can find but rarely do they all fit.

I see no reason for Prime to show "humility." He is who he is and he is honest about it.

He is a man with supreme confidence. That is a big part of why high achievers are attracted to him, why he can get kids on campus who normally would never even bother putting an offer from Colorado on their social media pages.

I know it rubs some people wrong, too bad for them. He rubbed a lot of people wrong when he was going to pro bowls and the world series as a player as well.

The game management side will come, he is very early in a coaching career compared to the guys he is coaching against and he has frequently stood up and taken responsibility for his coaching errors.

He will also make changes in the staff this off-season. So will a lot of schools. It is part of the process. Any time you have a new situation you hire the best guys you can find but rarely do they all fit.
The cool part about Coach Prime is that his swagger is fun. It's just his personality. It's genuine and engaging. He has (and is) a very real "personality." If he were someone who punches down or doesn't appreciate what other people do, that level of self-confidence could be annoying or mean-spirited. But he is neither of those things.

I think the first reaction people may have to him may be to think it's going to be the standard egotist. But anyone who listens to him for a few moments can hear that he's just a very unique and interesting cat, who enjoys his life and absolutely loves football--and his players.

I remain a huge fan--clearly.

And I absolutely agree: the "game management" will come. In fact, its pretty cool that HCP allows his coordinators to be so autonomous in their play calling. We may not have the perfect coordinators yet, but his ability/desire to allow others to do their jobs is admirable--and a good sign going forward.

Last edited:
Right side of the OLine are fvcking worthless losers.

Fvck every dude on the OLine. They all should transfer the fvck out. Your QB is hurt and every one of you sorry sons of b!tches jogged off the field without helping him off. Fvck the hell outta Boulder.
Just gonna leave this here . . .

Rules for thee, but not for me, or something like that, amirite?

It's in our nature to overreact to their games because we're emotionally invested. And it's a sign of our improvement that we are talking about what we could have done to win the game instead of just reacting with a yep, we suck mentality like we have the last couple of years. When you can point to a certain unit and say, this group let us down, instead of blanket we just don't have enough talent, that's actually a sign of improvement overall.

After some reflection time, these are my thoughts:

1. Oregon State is better than us overall. I think there are positions where we are better, but both from an overall talent standpoint and a built to do what they want to do standpoint, they're better. Their coach has done a hell of a great job, and honestly I feel bad for Beavs fans because he's probably gone this offseason and I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of their talent is too.

2. Considering that OSU is better than us, and especially constructed in a way that would be challenging for us in the best of times, I am heartened that we (sort of) had a chance at the end. For all their warts, the team really is resilient. At 20-3, having ****ed up and OSU was going to probably easily score the two points, it would have been easy to give up. The team didn't. At 2nd and 39, it would have been easy to give up. They got the first down. I was starting to believe at that point, ngl.

3. Having said all that, even though the team played hard and were in a game that they had no business being in, which is a credit to the coaching staff for motivating these kids and having them believe even now, it's a legitimate thing to criticize obvious coaching errors. Not running the clock to end the first half, when you're 96 yards away from the end zone, you only have 90 seconds, and you haven't moved the ball all game? That was a mistake. Run the ball up the gut 3 times and go into halftime down 4. Kicking the ball away and expecting your defense to hold OSU to a 3 and out at the end of the game was a mistake. The chances of us getting the onside kick was probably pretty low, especially if you remember the onside kick against USC, but relying on the defense to stop OSU's running game gave us even worse chances. Once they had the ball, though, still having the safeties 10 yards back from the LOS on first and second down, knowing that OSU was not going to pass no matter what was a mistake. DJ had a good game, but they were running the ball nonstop in the 4th quarter. There was no way they were going to risk a pass on 1st or 2nd down. Playing as if they might was a mistake.

Do those mistakes, if corrected, mean that we win the game? Not necessarily. OSU probably plays differently in the second half if they're not up by double digits most of the half. Maybe that plays into our favor, maybe not. The onside kick probably wouldn't have gone to us. Loading the box might not have mattered on that final possession. But they were coaching errors. It's very hard to see cogent arguments that any of them were the right call when you put everything into the context of what was happening in the game when the situation occurred.

I feel like there is a mindset creeping amongst Buffs fans that we can criticize the players, we can criticize some assistants, but we can't criticize Prime or the process. I think that's silly. Prime made errors on Saturday night. That's okay. Every coach does. National darling but detested among Buffs fans Dan Lanning ****s up all the time, but he's got his team ranked 6th in the country and still in line for a playoff berth. I still think we have the better coach and that time will bear that out, but it's okay to say that we'd like to see Prime do different things and hope that he's learning.

I feel like there is a mindset creeping amongst Buffs fans that we can criticize the players, we can criticize some assistants, but we can't criticize Prime or the process. ...
this certainly doesn't apply to CU fans here on Allbuffs

It's in our nature to overreact to their games because we're emotionally invested. And it's a sign of our improvement that we are talking about what we could have done to win the game instead of just reacting with a yep, we suck mentality like we have the last couple of years. When you can point to a certain unit and say, this group let us down, instead of blanket we just don't have enough talent, that's actually a sign of improvement overall.

After some reflection time, these are my thoughts:

1. Oregon State is better than us overall. I think there are positions where we are better, but both from an overall talent standpoint and a built to do what they want to do standpoint, they're better. Their coach has done a hell of a great job, and honestly I feel bad for Beavs fans because he's probably gone this offseason and I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of their talent is too.

2. Considering that OSU is better than us, and especially constructed in a way that would be challenging for us in the best of times, I am heartened that we (sort of) had a chance at the end. For all their warts, the team really is resilient. At 20-3, having ****ed up and OSU was going to probably easily score the two points, it would have been easy to give up. The team didn't. At 2nd and 39, it would have been easy to give up. They got the first down. I was starting to believe at that point, ngl.

3. Having said all that, even though the team played hard and were in a game that they had no business being in, which is a credit to the coaching staff for motivating these kids and having them believe even now, it's a legitimate thing to criticize obvious coaching errors. Not running the clock to end the first half, when you're 96 yards away from the end zone, you only have 90 seconds, and you haven't moved the ball all game? That was a mistake. Run the ball up the gut 3 times and go into halftime down 4. Kicking the ball away and expecting your defense to hold OSU to a 3 and out at the end of the game was a mistake. The chances of us getting the onside kick was probably pretty low, especially if you remember the onside kick against USC, but relying on the defense to stop OSU's running game gave us even worse chances. Once they had the ball, though, still having the safeties 10 yards back from the LOS on first and second down, knowing that OSU was not going to pass no matter what was a mistake. DJ had a good game, but they were running the ball nonstop in the 4th quarter. There was no way they were going to risk a pass on 1st or 2nd down. Playing as if they might was a mistake.

Do those mistakes, if corrected, mean that we win the game? Not necessarily. OSU probably plays differently in the second half if they're not up by double digits most of the half. Maybe that plays into our favor, maybe not. The onside kick probably wouldn't have gone to us. Loading the box might not have mattered on that final possession. But they were coaching errors. It's very hard to see cogent arguments that any of them were the right call when you put everything into the context of what was happening in the game when the situation occurred.

I feel like there is a mindset creeping amongst Buffs fans that we can criticize the players, we can criticize some assistants, but we can't criticize Prime or the process. I think that's silly. Prime made errors on Saturday night. That's okay. Every coach does. National darling but detested among Buffs fans Dan Lanning ****s up all the time, but he's got his team ranked 6th in the country and still in line for a playoff berth. I still think we have the better coach and that time will bear that out, but it's okay to say that we'd like to see Prime do different things and hope that he's learning.
Running the ball at the end of the 1H was not the best option. EV-wise, there are more fail points than success points.

Coach Prime has been saying since spring practices that if the OL can keep Shedeur clean that would be our key to winning. He has continually harped on it. It's been the biggest failure this season and the reason this team isn't at least 5-4.

I can't imagine how frustrated he is. He never demanded a dominant OL this year, just a competent one that got its job done. They tried all sorts of personnel changes. They tried reducing the number of "2nd move route" slower developing plays. They tried slowing down pace to give extra time for presnap reads, recognition and audibles.

And things only got worse.

No wonder Coach Prime shook up the coaching staff. It was the only move left for him and he absolutely had to send a clear message that this won't be tolerated.

Back