What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Conference Auto-Bid & Bubble Watch

Everything other than the Norfolk game went the way we wanted yesterday, including losses by schools that were in CU's neighborhood in NET and were possible at-large teams for the NIT -- Wichita State, Davidson and Dayton.

Today, we need to see wins from Harvard and Georgia State to finish off the mid-major 1 seeds.

Buffs improved again to #66 NET based on yesterday's games.

Last edited:
NCAA selection show: CBS, 4:00-5:00 MT

NIT selection show: ESPNU, 6:30-7:00 MT

Another unexpected NIT spot about to be taken up by Harvard... #1 seed in the Ivy, loses to #2 Yale in Ivy Madness Championship

I'm baffled how UNC-CH got a 1-seed. If UW wins their first game I'll be reduced to pulling for the Huskies.... :sick:

I just don't see very many upsets this year. The matchups really favor the favorites.

In the last few minutes, Nate Tomlinson has tweeted a smiley face and Kin has tweeted a broken heart...very mixed messages if they are getting any advance notice on NIT field (not sure if that's as locked down as tightly as the NCAA one is)....

As much as I want the worst for Arizona State the PAC12 needs some tourney wins.

If they beat St. Johns I think they have a good shot at beating Buffalo. That would set them up against Texas Tech which is a game they wouldn't be favored in but could also win getting to the sweet 16. The conference needs that.

I don't think Oregon beats Wisconsin and if they do K State is likely to beat them easily so they aren't going far.

Washington could and probably should beat Utah State but UNC will destroy them. That defense won't hold up against the Heel's talent.

At least that is my take so it will probably all be wrong.

Committee: NET rankings are the new standard

Also the committee:

Clear message that you don't get in by relying on the huge NET bump you'll get from losing to teams in a great conference if you also don't schedule tough in the non-con. Only way you get away with a mediocre non-con is if you actually beat those Quad 1 teams in your own conference.

Lot of Indiana fans taking to Twitter to bitch. Many pointing to St. Johns inclusion.

Thing is, St. Johns is better than Indiana. Have been better all year. One watch of both teams makes that clear. Also, no team that has a 1-12 stretch should have a ranking that high in any respectable analytic.

The fact they were in the first 4 out is absurd. Maybe like the 4th set of 4 out. We are better than Indiana.

Back