What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Conference Tournaments Thread

Seton Hall knocks off Villanova, 69-67. This opens the way for a potential second ACC team as a 1, or Michigan State

62-58 Seton Hall, 4 min

And yes, Seton Hall is in the mix as a potential CU opponent and Villanova is fighting for a 1 seed

That was a fun one. Congrats to Seton Hall - for some reason I can't explain, I've always liked both programs.

And as much as I like Jay Wright as a coach... ...it has to be frustrating as a fan to see his teams choke.

Kansas and Kenthcky both moved away from the one and done model this season.

The level college bball was great this year, and the resurgence of upper classmen definitely can be attributed as part of the reason in my opinion. However, I disagree that Kentucky (as well as any top program) tried to move away from the one and done model this season.

Seton Hall knocks off Villanova, 69-67. This opens the way for a potential second ACC team as a 1, or Michigan State

Oregon

Pac-12 is the #2 RPI conference
Ducks would be regular season and tourney champs
UO would also finish with the #2 or #3 RPI

That's a #1 seed resume

That was a fun one. Congrats to Seton Hall - for some reason I can't explain, I've always liked both programs.

And as much as I like Jay Wright as a coach... ...it has to be frustrating as a fan to see his teams choke.

Yup some recent failures in the early rounds for Wright's teams. There has to be some pressure on him to reach the Final 4 this year with the likelihood of playing the first 4 rounds in their backyard.

MWC title game between Fresno and SDSU going down to the wire on CBS. Novel idea to play their championship game in prime time.

Oregon

Pac-12 is the #2 RPI conference
Ducks would be regular season and tourney champs
UO would also finish with the #2 or #3 RPI

That's a #1 seed resume

I'd still be surprised if Oregon gets a 1 unless MSU also loses. The Pac being invisible could come back to haunt

Going to be a tough one tonight. Go Hoos

ACC Tournnament has not been kind to those not named Duke and North Carolina over the years. Virginia has a pretty proud hoops tradition and is going for just its third tournament title...Heels are going for 18. Think all those years in Greensboro aren't a huge advantage?

Duke: 19
UNC: 17
NCSU: 10
Wake: 4
GT, UMD: 3
UVA: 2
FSU, Miami, ND, SC: 1

Buffalo just beat Akron to go Dancing.

Committee has an interesting decision with Akron. Top 40 RPI from the #10 RPI conference. 2 bids from the MAC isn't out of the question, especially in a year when the bubble doesn't have a lot of quality around it.

Going to be a tough one tonight. Go Hoos

ACC Tournnament has not been kind to those not named Duke and North Carolina over the years. Virginia has a pretty proud hoops tradition and is going for just its third tournament title...Heels are going for 18. Think all those years in Greensboro aren't a huge advantage?

Duke: 19
UNC: 17
NCSU: 10
Wake: 4
GT, UMD: 3
UVA: 2
FSU, Miami, ND, SC: 1

At least the crowd should be very even if not in UVA's favor with the tournament being played in DC. And the last ACC tournament Championship by Duke or UNC was in 2011

At least the crowd should be very even if not in UVA's favor with the tournament being played in DC. And the last ACC tournament Championship by Duke or UNC was in 2011

Hoos have flooded that place. Nice to have the advantage for once. Chinatown around the Verizon Center was turned into Charlottesville today

Are you there?

If UVA had hit a few more of their 3's they would have a nice little lead at the half. Game is being played at UVA's pace.

Brogdon can sometimes get a bit carried away with forcing an extra couple 3's he shouldn't take. He's a complete team player, but he has to watch that a bit in big games

CVille - just out of curiosity, where does Brogdon rank for your all time fave players? I was young, but Bryant Stith was one of my favorites, and I think Brogdon compares favorably to Stith.

Cavs need to break their cold streak...still lot of time. Good luck to the Wahoos!

He'd he higher if he had his legs tonight! He could go as high as 2 for me if he takes the Hoos to a Final Four

He'd he higher if he had his legs tonight! He could go as high as 2 for me if he takes the Hoos to a Final Four

Impossible for someone to take that #1 spot for UVA.

Probably Stith at #2 after Sampson. I loved that Stith/ Crotty team.

I'm not so sure they wouldn't be better off ending up a 2 as opposed to a 1 and being sent off to Anaheim or another far-flung locale for the second weekend

Back