What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Congrats Buff Fans

For the same reasons Bohn will never agree to a true alternating campus series. CSU's AD would get fried by the Alumn if he agreed to that type of arrangement. Just as Bohn would get fried if he agreed to play in the Fort every other year.

Being objective here, the leverage is on CU's side. Without this game, CSU would have to take a couple sacrificial road games every year to make ends meet. CU could just play a home cupcake and it wouldn't have much of an impact on our finances. I think the only thing that got CSU the 10-year contract was politics and the need to play nice with the Denver politicos in the midst of budget cuts and trying to ensure we got what we needed as far as not counting foreign students in the in-state/out-of-state ratio, getting a tuition increase and some other concessions. I really don't think this was a football or AD revenue decision for CU. Most CU fans, if we're going to play a local team, would rather do a rotation among CSU, AFA and WYO.

Bohn is a ****** negotiator. Why play the game at all? Demand all CU home games at Folsom, let CSU do what they want with theirs as long as they pay Cu the $$$. If they want it at the mudhole, fine, but they gotta pay. So many options... and we got the worst possible. **** BOHN FOR THIS GAME.

Rep. this was an awesome post.

Being objective here, the leverage is on CU's side. Without this game, CSU would have to take a couple sacrificial road games every year to make ends meet. CU could just play a home cupcake and it wouldn't have much of an impact on our finances. I think the only thing that got CSU the 10-year contract was politics and the need to play nice with the Denver politicos in the midst of budget cuts and trying to ensure we got what we needed as far as not counting foreign students in the in-state/out-of-state ratio, getting a tuition increase and some other concessions. I really don't think this was a football or AD revenue decision for CU. Most CU fans, if we're going to play a local team, would rather do a rotation among CSU, AFA and WYO.

I am trying to be objective as well and I don't disagree with you. However, only 3 games in to a 10 year deal, CSU has no reason not to hold CU to the terms of the agreement. I don't have any inside knowledge, but I assume if CU wanted to buy this series out or move it into Folsom long term it is looking at a few million bucks to make that happen.

There's got to be a performance clause in there for ****** attendance by CSU. ****ing embarassing.

After all my posturing about not going, I went(unlike the rammie fans)...and it sucked. We win(as usual), but the atmosphere is boring and argus is talking crap 10 minutes after the game about tailgating being illegal or sum-such. Get this game back at campus!

Props to CSquaredC for manning up to face the music, and do sow with grace.

Your Rams drew first blood because Fairchild brought a team who was ready to play.
By the end, the depth and talent difference was too much for CSU to weather. Pete Thomas had more poise than Hansen, but a lot fewer weapons to work with.

There were some big hits by CU's defense today. I hope those didn't cause anything an ice bath won't cure. I'd like to watch a CSU at full strength so you can give Boise some trouble.

Even with the RMS is over, you don't have to wait until next year to post again.

I gained a lot of respect for Pete Thomas. He didn't necessarily have a good game, but he has good pocket presence and toughed out a lot of nasty hits.

I just wish they would move it to the campuses period. I just don't think it will happen. If CU wants its home games at Folsom, CSU is going to insist on its home games at Hughes. I just don't see Bohn ever agreeing to playing at Hughes every other year.

I thought CSU didn't like it at Hughes cause Mile High gives them a bigger gate,even if they sold Hughes out.Which probably means they get a cut of the tix sold by CU which is complete horse****.Sonny put together the best decade that program will ever have and its over,this game is lame as ****

Props to CSquaredC for manning up to face the music, and do sow with grace.

Your Rams drew first blood because Fairchild brought a team who was ready to play.
By the end, the depth and talent difference was too much for CSU to weather. Pete Thomas had more poise than Hansen, but a lot fewer weapons to work with.

There were some big hits by CU's defense today. I hope those didn't cause anything an ice bath won't cure. I'd like to watch a CSU at full strength so you can give Boise some trouble.

Even with the RMS is over, you don't have to wait until next year to post again.

Thanks Skid. I have always like this site and will definitely be around.

I know alot of Ram fans are down, but I really like the make-up of this team going through the rest of the season and into next year. Thomas looks like he is finally understanding out how to move within the pocket and those defensive ends have a nice first step. That said, CSU's defense looked worn out by the end of the game which was a credit to CU's offensive line.

That game had the makings of a classic RMS finish if CSU was able turn that blocked punt before the half into points. Instead, the Rams touch the damn ball and watch CU score a TD with 12 seconds left. Brutal from my perspective, but thats the way the game shakes out sometimes.

I'm sorry but Thomas isn't the answer. Throwing 5 yard passes at the end of the game? Really?

CCSquaredC,

Stay on this board and we can all talk about CSU for the rest of the season. That's up to you.

The DP was reporting that there were 55000 ppl there....... I think maybe 55k tickets sold. I would love to have this game as alternating. So what if Hughes' seats 30-35k. It would be better than the crickets chirping out there today. If we have to play this game for 10 years, take it back to the campuses. It will make people care more.

playing at folsom makes us money too.

Yeah maybe if we have some demand for our tickets (which means we have to win) We aren't there yet. Bohn made the right economic choice putting the game in Denver. In 10 years maybe demand for CU Football tickets at Folsom will be higher

Yeah maybe if we have some demand for our tickets (which means we have to win) We aren't there yet. Bohn made the right economic choice putting the game in Denver. In 10 years maybe demand for CU Football tickets at Folsom will be higher

I see opinion without facts. Back this argument up with facts and I will believe.

So you think Bohn signed a deal with CSU to make less money? Really?
Would it surprise you? And do you want to bet that the revenue projections that Bohn was looking at when he agreed to this deal involved CSU showing up with more than 15K fans?

If the RMS was selling out, I'm sure we would make a lot of $ from it. It is not. At best, its probably a wash with folsom. Remember, we pay a **** ton to Denver to play at mile high. Even if it is better than a wash, it hurts CU to play at mile high every year. This game hurts us. It can't help us. A little extra dough aint worth it. Fact.

I've decided that I like the way this series is going. I have no desire to make it good. CU has won 7 of the last 9, the atmosphere at Mile High is dead, and CSU fans aren't showing up. Keep this going for a few more years and we'll be able to kill this thing for good.

I've decided that I like the way this series is going. I have no desire to make it good. CU has won 7 of the last 9, the atmosphere at Mile High is dead, and CSU fans aren't showing up. Keep this going for a few more years and we'll be able to kill this thing for good.
They had maybe 8k outisde of their students. a complete disgrace. Not to mention their students getting as loud as they did all game during two moments: 1) when munyer got hurt and they were screaming **** CU; and 2) in the late 3d down play when CSU WAS ON OFFENSE. ****ing tards.

Would it surprise you? And do you want to bet that the revenue projections that Bohn was looking at when he agreed to this deal involved CSU showing up with more than 15K fans?

If the RMS was selling out, I'm sure we would make a lot of $ from it. It is not. At best, its probably a wash with folsom. Remember, we pay a **** ton to Denver to play at mile high. Even if it is better than a wash, it hurts CU to play at mile high every year. This game hurts us. It can't help us. A little extra dough aint worth it. Fact.

Want to give me the link where we pay a **** ton to Denver to play at Mile High? How do you know that we aren't getting a set payout regardless of tickets sold?

their fans are truly low functioning. i guess the handful of smarter ones knew enough to not bother attending. or, they couldn't get the bus fare together from their tip money to get down to the big city from fort flatlands... one of the two...

Can we buy a season ticket package sans the csu game? It was ****ing awful.

Want to give me the link where we pay a **** ton to Denver to play at Mile High? How do you know that we aren't getting a set payout regardless of tickets sold?

I asked for facts first asshole :lol:. And we don't get to play at mile high for free. I remember back when we were first bitching about this game there was a fee discussed to whatever organization runs mile high.

Back