What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Could Buffaloes Coach Tad Boyle Be A Candidate At Kansas State?

ESPN Rumors today related to the KSU job:

Georgia coach Mark Fox dispelled the rumors linking him to the Kansas State job with a cleverly worded tweet on Wednesday afternoon.

"I grew up in Kansas but I plan to grow old in Georgia. Any rumor mentioning me w/another job is false. GO DAWGS!"

That should quiet any mention of Fox going leaving Athens for Manhattan, or anywhere else for that matter.

UPDATE: Kellis Robinett of KansasCity.com wrote Thursday that several of the names being tossed around for the Kansas State job can likely be dismissed.

The coaches Robinett listed, for various reasons, include Colorado's Tad Boyle, Oklahoma's Lon Kruger, Georgia's Mark Fox, Southern Miss' Larry Eustachy, ex-Oklahoma coach Kelvin Sampson and ex-Tennessee coach Bruce Pearl.

Two new names emerged as possible candidates on Thursday, however, in former Duquesne coach Ron Everhart and ESPN's Doug Gottlieb. Those could be two names to watch out for in the coming days.

A lot of KSU fans are in favor at this point of shooting from the hip and getting Gottlieb (and he'd certainly accept the position in a flash). I think this coaching change has been an eye-opener for KSU about where exactly they stand. They generally thought of themselves as ~top 20 basketball job in the country going into this.

A lot of KSU fans are in favor at this point of shooting from the hip and getting Gottlieb (and he'd certainly accept the position in a flash). I think this coaching change has been an eye-opener for KSU about where exactly they stand. They generally thought of themselves as ~top 20 basketball job in the country going into this.

Gottlieb would be a great fit at KSU.

http://blogs.fingerlakes1.com/max-power/boeheim-vs-gottlieb/

@jimmyMHS: Kansas State has will be announcing Fired HC from Illinois, Bruce Weber, as their next HC at 2pm today. Little Apple, Little Program.

love it.

They've renamed their basketball forum to this :
:rofl:

and this is the first post in their "**** South carolina" thread:

Good luck with Marty, lol.

The guy is a slimeball. He will stick his finger in the anuses of your strippers when he is out boozing with his buddies.

He will yell curse words during your games. since nobody attends your ****** games, all 10 of you will hear them, and your kids will grow up addicted to meth. (not related to frank, really)

The bottom line is that we, KSU, were going to be getting rid of him anyway. We're a top 10 program all-time and he wasn't winning championships. We didn't have time for his crap. We'll be offering the likes of Bill Self, Coach K, Coach Cal, etc.

So good luck, racist ****s!

http://goemaw.com/forum/index.php?topic=20283.0

Last edited:
I actually think it's a decent hire for them. He was moderately successful most years there, in a tougher conference. They're not going to become elite in the Big XII, but that wasn't probably happening unless they got a huge name.

Quite honestly, their fan base is retarded for thinking Gottlieb would have been a good hire.

Again, they're just delusional. This hire is fine. Weber can have KSU making the tourney most years, and they shouldn't expect anything more than that. This notion of theirs that they're somehow a top 20 coaching job is beyond absurd. If you're having a slow Saturday afternoon, I highly recommend goemaw for some laughs

So I'd never been to goemaw.... holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. That's like 4chan if Fred Phelps was in charge. Woooooooow.

Again, they're just delusional. This hire is fine. Weber can have KSU making the tourney most years, and they shouldn't expect anything more than that. This notion of theirs that they're somehow a top 20 coaching job is beyond absurd. If you're having a slow Saturday afternoon, I highly recommend goemaw for some laughs

The guy couldn't recruit to Illinois. How is he going to recruit to a backpost like KjSU? Awful hire.

The guy couldn't recruit to Illinois. How is he going to recruit to a backpost like KjSU? Awful hire.
2011: 11
2010: 13
2009: 14
2008: not in top 30
2007: not in top 30

That's rivals recruiting ranking, outside the 08/09 it seems pretty good to me. I think it's a great hire for KSU.

Pullen :lol:
Bruce Webber didn't think I was good enough to play at Illinois and I don't think he is good enough to coach at Kansas State
https://twitter.com/#!/Jpullz0/status/186114901515829248

Last edited:

He recruited just fine to Illinois. Just because there's a lynch-mob of KSU fans against the hire doesn't make it a good perspective. In fact, I'd suggest the opposite point of view of KSU fans typically proves to be most realistic.

He recruited just fine to Illinois. Just because there's a lynch-mob of KSU fans against the hire doesn't make it a good perspective. In fact, I'd suggest the opposite point of view of KSU fans typically proves to be most realistic.

give me the NBA players he recruited to Illinois.

give me the NBA players he recruited to Illinois.

You always try and base arguments on a college coach being successful with "how many NBA players they produce". That's merely a fragment of it. Success in college basketball is not all about NBA talent recruited. And for the record, Meyers Leonard is a sure-thing first round pick, and has a good chance at being a lottery pick.

Weber's record speaks for itself. 313-155, including a 210-101 mark at Illinois. You're really big on "proof", Jimmy. Find me a candidate with a better record than that who would have been a realistic hire for Kansas State. Go on, prove it. Show me what you got.

Last edited:

You can't like the trajectory of Weber's Illinois program. Still a good coach, but an uninspiring hire.

If KSU hadn't hired him, he was poised to drop down a level and become the head guy at College of Charleston.

Let's remember one thing about kJucoSt recruiting -- if you have a pulse and you can sign your name on a dotted line, you're qualified. If you're a Juco player, the pulse is optional.

Weber will prolly get some players at kJucoSt. But they'll most likely be middle of the road in the big+- conference. He has a winning record as a coach but seems to be a bit of an underachiever. Don't expect any deep tourney runs .... ain't happenin'.

You can't like the trajectory of Weber's Illinois program. Still a good coach, but an uninspiring hire.

If KSU hadn't hired him, he was poised to drop down a level and become the head guy at College of Charleston.

I think a fresh start will do Weber some good. He ****ed up by not leaving for Oklahoma last year when he had the chance. Things had grown toxic in Champaign. Still, he did a decent job there overall. He was in large part a victim of the high standard he set for himself early on. It's fair to say he had some misfortune in the Big Dance not advancing deeper some years. Sure, the blame has to fall on him, but sometimes advancing deep in the Dance is in many ways a roll of the dice. It's interesting that his recruiting really went on the upswing in his final years. I agree with Tom Izzo that Illinois AD Mike Thomas (who I happen to personally know from his days at UVA, btw) seriously undercut Weber this year with his detrimental statement in January. I was really surprised at Mike for doing that. I think it could have been a completely different ending for Weber this year without Mike Thomas cranking it up 10 notches in the thick of the season. He should have stayed quiet.

I certainly won't argue Weber as a 'wow' hire, but considering the other legitimate candidates for KSU job: Brad Underwood, Tim Jankovich, Steve Henson, or a craphsoot with Doug Gottlieb, this was a good hire. I see no reason he can't get KSU into the Dance most years, field competitive teams, and set the stage for a couple deep runs.

Back