What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Countdown to Early Signing Period: FINAL DAY

Appears we still need a HS TE, a HS OL, a HS NT, a JC NT, and a JC DT. Plus any others too good to turn away.

Are Sanchez and Feeney healthy yet? Is Lopez still at TE or did he move back to NT?
They got their JC TE and won’t take a HS TE. There’s probably only one HS OL left that they’ll take (Murray) barring something unforeseen, and I think they close on Johnson this weekend to get their JC DT/DE. Remember that they Grey Shirted Casey Roddick and Jalen Sami from last year’s class, so there are your HS OL and HS NT coming in this year. They’ll also have a few spots left for some more DL leading up to February signing day.

I read where a coach said if a commit doesn’t sign early next week, he ain’t really a commit.

How many of current commits are expected to sign next week?

SIAP

I read where a coach said if a commit doesn’t sign early next week, he ain’t really a commit.

How many of current commits are expected to sign next week?

SIAP
The plan from our coaching staff is to sign everyone next week.

Then, depending on what happens with attrition, they may look for other signees or transfers in February or the end of the spring semester/ summer. However, the focus starting in January will be on the 2019 class.

The plan from our coaching staff is to sign everyone next week.

Then, depending on what happens with attrition, they may look for other signees or transfers in February or the end of the spring semester/ summer. However, the focus starting in January will be on the 2019 class.
Again, when our staff accepts a commitment, it's a two way deal. It should always have been clear that MM was thus going to be all in on Dec 20th. That's the signing day. Have a few options for the Feb signing day, as there will be some disruptions. But I'm of the ilk that says you knew 95% of who you wanted a year ago, so sign them asap.

Of course, which commitments he's accepted at this point can be mashed and will be.

Last edited:
We will see soon enough but, I get the feeling that most of the top recruits who are currently undecided will wait until the February signing period before making a final decision. It's not like they're going to lose their place in line as whichever university they choose will make room for them. Therefore, it would be wise for CU to remain active in their pursuit of a player like Aashari Crosswell until the very end and not just shift their focus towards 2019.

We will see soon enough but, I get the feeling that most of the top recruits who are currently undecided will wait until the February signing period before making a final decision. It's not like they're going to lose their place in line as whichever university they choose will make room for them. Therefore, it would be wise for CU to remain active in their pursuit of a player like Aashari Crosswell until the very end and not just shift their focus towards 2019.

Your key word is "Undecided", if that then of course they wait till February. That is the point, if a verbal doesn't sign, then they really are not committed to their choice. Once the early signing dust settles, then teams know what they still need and where to focus their effort for February signing day.

Big news from the Ole Miss Rivals site yesterday on Davion Taylor:

ny4woy4lt9riw9bx7d8j

DAVION
TAYLOR
RANK
6'2" | 215 LBS | ILB
COAHOMA C.C.
CLARKSDALE, MS
CLASS OF 2018

VERBAL COMMIT
6/22/2017
COLORADO
The latest: Taylor has been all over the map in terms of his "commitment" to Colorado, and officially visited Missouri last weekend as well. The Tigers don't appear to be a factor, as this one is going to come down to Colorado and Ole Miss. Taylor will sign one way or another next Wednesday.
12/16 UPDATE: It is seeming increasingly likely that Taylor sticks with Colorado. The Buffaloes appear to have won the race.

(Big h/t to @Jeric for noticing the chatter yesterday and saying something good for us was likely up - but he's not a subscriber and I gave it our 24 hour rule before posting someone else's premium content.)

Big news from the Ole Miss Rivals site yesterday on Davion Taylor:

ny4woy4lt9riw9bx7d8j

DAVION
TAYLOR

RANK
6'2" | 215 LBS | ILB
COAHOMA C.C.
CLARKSDALE, MS
CLASS OF 2018

VERBAL COMMIT
6/22/2017
COLORADO
The latest: Taylor has been all over the map in terms of his "commitment" to Colorado, and officially visited Missouri last weekend as well. The Tigers don't appear to be a factor, as this one is going to come down to Colorado and Ole Miss. Taylor will sign one way or another next Wednesday.
12/16 UPDATE: It is seeming increasingly likely that Taylor sticks with Colorado. The Buffaloes appear to have won the race.

(Big h/t to @Jeric for noticing the chatter yesterday and saying something good for us was likely up - but he's not a subscriber and I gave it our 24 hour rule before posting someone else's premium content.)

Yeah!!! Early Christmas!

You'd think any truly committed recruit would jump at signing in December if for no other reason than to stop the phone calls as early as possible. From his other suitors as well as from his chosen school. Other than the initial ego rush, recruiting has to get tiring for the kid.

scratched out the Juco situation as I know it to help me sort it out in my head. Is there any others we are tracking?

committed:
OL - McMullen, enroll in January
TE - Jones, enroll in January
OLB - Taylor, enroll in January
S - Maddox, enroll in January
CB - Abrams, enroll in January

Still after:
DL - Mustafa Noel-Johnson
RB - Boyd, other JCs?
OLB - Allen, enroll in January
DT - Tremblay, visited CU long ago, USC and UW recently.

Last edited:
scratched out the Juco situation as I know it to help me sort it out in my head. Is there any others we are tracking?

committed:
OL - McMullen, enroll in January
TE - Jones, enroll in January
OLB - Taylor, enroll in January
S - Maddox, enroll in January
CB - Abrams, enroll in January

Still after:
DL - Mustafa Noel-Johnson
RB - Boyd, other JCs?
OLB - Allen, enroll in January
DT - Antwine, committed to Okie St.
DT - Tremblay, visited CU long ago, USC and UW recently.
I would add Murray the HS OL to the still after list.

Here's the HS list of guys we seem to still be in on.

Still after:
OL - Murray (Colorado considered backup to Stanford acceptance), likely resolved in late January based on past.
DT - Antwine, committed to Okie St.

Last edited:
Back