What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Countdown to Early Signing Period: FINAL DAY

While I like all the guys were are currently in on, I think we are going to really wish we had about 3-4 spots a month from now. Hopefully we can get some good attrition moving by then! We are bringing in 7-10 jucos for immediate help. That should be sending a strong signal to some guys who will be going into years 3 and 4.

If Umu comes back that's like signing a JUCO DT.

I count at least 5 guys on their 4th or 5th season here that have contributed little to nothing on the playing field. Maybe a few others in their 3rd season that appear to have been recruited over.

If MM signs the guys currently committed plus Mustafa Johnson and Jordan Allen he would need 4 "attritions."
If and when Umu comes back he needs another 1 at that time. I've already accounted for Falo coming back and Huntley leaving.

My question to the experts is when do we need the freed up schollies? Before signing day on the 20th or before school starts in Jan?

IDK how we could sign all of Rakeem Boyd, Antwine, Tremblay or Murray (or even XN)? Gonna be bloody.

If Umu comes back that's like signing a JUCO DT.

I count at least 5 guys on their 4th or 5th season here that have contributed little to nothing on the playing field. Maybe a few others in their 3rd season that appear to have been recruited over.

If MM signs the guys currently committed plus Mustafa Johnson and Jordan Allen he would need 4 "attritions."
If and when Umu comes back he needs another 1 at that time. I've already accounted for Falo coming back and Huntley leaving.

My question to the experts is when do we need the freed up schollies? Before signing day on the 20th or before school starts in Jan?

IDK how we could sign all of Rakeem Boyd, Antwine, Tremblay or Murray (or even XN)? Gonna be bloody.

Not sure if your count is right, but the answer to "when" is you need the scholarships at the first day of school when they are enrolled.

scratched out the Juco situation as I know it to help me sort it out in my head. Is there any others we are tracking?

committed:
OL - McMullen, enroll in January
TE - Jones, enroll in January
OLB - Taylor, enroll in January
S - Maddox, enroll in January
CB - Abrams, enroll in January

Still after:
DL - Mustafa Noel-Johnson
RB - Boyd, other JCs?
OLB - Allen, enroll in January
DT - Antwine, committed to Okie St.
DT - Tremblay, visited CU long ago, USC and UW recently.
Antwine's a HS prospect, for the record.

Fillip still has "Colorado commit" in his twitter profile after the visit to Notre Dame this weekend. CU has the academic advantage here with Fillip wanting to study engineering.

Did he go play somewhere and get more experience? Because if not, not really like a juco at all, is he?

I don't know. Maybe he went and worked for Tupou's uncle. It worked for him.

Maybe he lifted weights and took up MMA in the offseason and sparred with Sasquatch. I can't really say, but he is a Junior in terms of eligibility and just might fill a gaping hole in the depth chart that if left vacant will be problematic. So, yes, he really is like a JUCO to me.

Just as much as Sully Wiefels or Jordan Gehrke were and possibly more. If there is another JUCO DT ready to sign and fill that hole then I'm all for it.

Fillip still has "Colorado commit" in his twitter profile after the visit to Notre Dame this weekend. CU has the academic advantage here with Fillip wanting to study engineering.

Notre Dame has an undergraduate engineering program.

If you trust US News & WP, our engineering school is rated 32nd and Notre Dame's is rated 48th. And who would want to spend 4 or 5 years in northern Indiana? Seems like it would be a no-brainer to me.

Has Filip announced what TYPE of engineering he wants? Let's face it, 32 and 48 is splitting hairs when it comes to undergrad engineering degrees. At surface value, a degree from ND is going to carry more weight than CU. I love CU, and think we're a great, public university. The non-Ivy, private schools like Stanford, Duke, ND, etc. are a cut above though, particularly in terms of the students they admit.

If Filip wants to do aerospace engineering though, CU is one of the better programs around. Biochemical engineering is also strong. A lot of the other disciplines are strong as well, but not sure how they compare really nationally. If academics are critical to him, I'd be afraid of ND stealing him away. They have a lot prestige than CU, and some of it is well-earned.

Has Filip announced what TYPE of engineering he wants? Let's face it, 32 and 48 is splitting hairs when it comes to undergrad engineering degrees. At surface value, a degree from ND is going to carry more weight than CU. I love CU, and think we're a great, public university. The non-Ivy, private schools like Stanford, Duke, ND, etc. are a cut above though, particularly in terms of the students they admit.

If Filip wants to do aerospace engineering though, CU is one of the better programs around. Biochemical engineering is also strong. A lot of the other disciplines are strong as well, but not sure how they compare really nationally. If academics are critical to him, I'd be afraid of ND stealing him away. They have a lot prestige than CU, and some of it is well-earned.
He lives next to NASA. He better want to be an aero engineer!

“Fillip toured both the Engineering and Business schools at Colorado and is currently leaning toward Business.”

Where is everyone getting he wants to do engineering? This was just posted like a day ago? CU is #79 and ND is #29 though. Leeds is still an excellent business school though.

“Fillip toured both the Engineering and Business schools at Colorado and is currently leaning toward Business.”

Where is everyone getting he wants to do engineering? This was just posted like a day ago? CU is #79 and ND is #29 though. Leeds is still an excellent business school though.

Leeds is indeed an excellent business school. Mendoza is elite.

Leeds is indeed an excellent business school. Mendoza is elite.
For all the complaining you do about the staff's recruiting, pointing out the competition's strengths might look counterintuitive on its face.

Reality seems that you're willing to rip dear old CU just enough to get new coaches. Trading the devil you know can be risky.

For all the complaining you do about the staff's recruiting, pointing out the competition's strengths might look counterintuitive on its face.

Reality seems that you're willing to rip dear old CU just enough to get new coaches. Trading the devil you know can be risky.

If stating that "Leeds is indeed an excellent business school" is ripping dear old CU then color me guilty.

Back