What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU Lookalike & Game thread - MBB (Ft. Collins, Friday, 12/13, 6:00 PM MT, CBSSN)

I missed last night, but generally this season (not the UNI game, but generally) we’ve been so good on the defensive glass that teams are saying **** it on crashing the offensive boards and putting extra focus on getting back in transition. I agree, we need to try and push transition as much as possible... but other teams do have scouting reports.
Absolutely. The book on CU is to make our team score through half court sets. We're really good in the open court, not very good off half court motion and set plays. Also in the half court we simply have not been good at dealing with over-plays of passing lanes, doubles from the weak side and ball traps. Our ball movement, post-ups and pick-n-roll games have been out of sync. Plus we haven't been consistent in knocking down uncontested 3 point shots or finishing at the rim when we get there off the bounce or an offensive rebound.

The problems are fixable. And I absolutely agree with Tad that if we keep playing defense like this then this team gets real good once things click on the other end. We're plenty talented enough this season and plenty deep enough, with a lot of guys who have proven in Pac-12 play that they can perform at a high level. This team will get real good when we start seeing positive A/T ratios out of our offense.

The beautiful Boulder argument is not a good one for basketball recruiting. I can't wait to get to Syracuse, Lawrence, Lexington, Bloomington, Stillwater, Storrs, etc for the scenery said no recruit ever.
People want to win, period. Why do you even compete if that isn't the case?

They now have almost a week of practice and won't have to spend a lot of time game planning for Prairie View. Take 2 or 3 practices ironing out the issues @Buffnik noted, offensive spacing, ball movement, entry passes, etc.

Last edited:
They now have almost a week of practice and won't have to spend a lot of time game planning for for Prairie View. Take 2 or 3 practices ironing out the issues @Buffnik noted, offensive spacing, ball movement, entry passes, etc.
Yep. I think that an important thing with that is that they'll be able to run practice offense against defensive styles/ rules that are different than our defensive styles/ rules. When it's a game planning practice, given Tad's focus on defense and defensive rebounding, I would assume that Tad spends more time on our defensive rules for a matchup than he does on formulating our offensive attack for the defense we'll be seeing. You are what you emphasize and all that. I'd be surprised if our offense sees much 1-3-1 traps, pack line, going underneath perimeter screens, jumping passing lanes or doubles from the weak side in a standard practice -- our defense is effectively vanilla (man up, fight over screens, force bigs off the blocks, and make teams earn contested buckets without 2nd chance points or fouling). No one seems to be trying to match up with us with a similar defensive style and if we ever see that I think we'll destroy it.

They now have almost a week of practice and won't have to spend a lot of time game planning for Prairie View. Take 2 or 3 practices ironing out the issues @Buffnik noted, offensive spacing, ball movement, entry passes, etc.

This team is not good enough to look past Prairie View even in the slightest. They lost to ASU (who had all their guys, unlike when we played them) by 9, lost to Loyola Marymount by 3 (a team we struggled to beat), lost to Cal by 4, and hung with Texas until late.

This team is not good enough to look past Prairie View even in the slightest. They lost to ASU (who had all their guys, unlike when we played them) by 9, lost to Loyola Marymount by 3 (a team we struggled to beat), lost to Cal by 4, and hung with Texas until late.

None of that means they need to spend 5 practice days preparing for them.

Watched the condensed replay and the Buffs simply need to cut down on the turnovers. It's not how we begin the season that matters but it's how we finish the season.

Chill out guys.

Back