What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU Pregame Thread

Not sure why, but I have a feeling we are going to see a lot picks and possible pick 6s from our DBs. Just a hunch.

Not sure why, but I have a feeling we are going to see a lot picks and possible pick 6s from our DBs. Just a hunch.
I sure hope so. I presume we are going to need to stop the run and double team that receiver. I hope our defense is up to the task.

I sure hope so. I presume we are going to need to stop the run and double team that receiver. I hope our defense is up to the task.

Perhaps I'm way off, but I believe we are giving the CSU QBs too much credit. So far this season we have faced two pretty savvy quarterbacks. Wittek may not be a great or even good QB but he has been around the block and under the bright lights at USC, same thing for Froenhalkfjkdjf of Umass, a Senior who has some actual talent.

The two QB options for state are pretty mediocre to start with, add to that they are trying to compete for a job while taking on the in-state rival under the lights and in front of 60k, the potential to choke is definitely there. I could see state's qb trying to force some plays and under throwing or over throwing receivers. We shall see.

I know this is a new D with Leavitt, but we have said the same thing in the past 10+ years, only to get lit up by a heisman hopeful looking Qb

I agree, but we haven't dominated the matchup when the Rocky Mountain Showdown is staged at Mile High.

We've won 8 out of the last 12 during the worst period in our program's history. Yeah, a few of those were in Boulder, but that doesn't change the fact that even when we're horrible, we still own CSU.

I know this is a new D with Leavitt, but we have said the same thing in the past 10+ years, only to get lit up by a heisman hopeful looking Qb

Didn't realize Leavitt has been coaching here for 10+ years. Not like Wittek had a 20 QBR against us after all the hype for him. D will do their job, I imagine, O is where I'm concerned.

Didn't realize Leavitt has been coaching here for 10+ years. Not like Wittek had a 20 QBR against us after all the hype for him. D will do their job, I imagine, O is where I'm concerned.
Wittek was decent, but far from spectacular. We lost because of our own ineptitude in that game, nothing else.

Wittek was decent, but far from spectacular. We lost because of our own ineptitude in that game, nothing else.

Refs certainly didn't do any favors and with the time change that's a tough week 1 match up. We'll find out a lot more about this team after Saturday.

All I know is that I want to do to them what they did to us last year. We knew they were going to run it and couldn't stop them and it just sucked to watch. I want them to stack the box and watch us run it up their a$$.

Go Buffs

Perhaps I'm way off, but I believe we are giving the CSU QBs too much credit. So far this season we have faced two pretty savvy quarterbacks. Wittek may not be a great or even good QB but he has been around the block and under the bright lights at USC, same thing for Froenhalkfjkdjf of Umass, a Senior who has some actual talent.

The two QB options for state are pretty mediocre to start with, add to that they are trying to compete for a job while taking on the in-state rival under the lights and in front of 60k, the potential to choke is definitely there. I could see state's qb trying to force some plays and under throwing or over throwing receivers. We shall see.

I did not do the multi-quote thing -too lazy. But you and the guy who said that UMass QB was light years better than CSU are victims of wishful thinking. The UMass QB was horrible and Wittek was not much better. CSU played against a pretty good defense in Minnesota but they lit up there first opponent (which was really weak) but Stevens may be a better leader than either of the QBs that we faced...I would really worry about Bobo - he was the OC/QB coach at Georgia for a long time and he has a lot of experience attacking defenses like LSU and Alabama. Stevens is going to get good coaching this week and I bet the CSU staff is working overtime on a game plan to attack the CU defense Of the 60K in the stands you fail to mention half of them will be cheering for CSU. I expect CSU to attack middle of the field with the TE and RBs and mix in the run game to try to get the safeties up and have more man coverage on the outside..

I think this will be a real test for CU.

I did not do the multi-quote thing -too lazy. But you and the guy who said that UMass QB was light years better than CSU are victims of wishful thinking. The UMass QB was horrible and Wittek was not much better. CSU played against a pretty good defense in Minnesota but they lit up there first opponent (which was really weak) but Stevens may be a better leader than either of the QBs that we faced...I would really worry about Bobo - he was the OC/QB coach at Georgia for a long time and he has a lot of experience attacking defenses like LSU and Alabama. Stevens is going to get good coaching this week and I bet the CSU staff is working overtime on a game plan to attack the CU defense Of the 60K in the stands you fail to mention half of them will be cheering for CSU. I expect CSU to attack middle of the field with the TE and RBs and mix in the run game to try to get the safeties up and have more man coverage on the outside..

But he attacked LSU's and Alabama's defense with players like Matthew Stafford, AJ Green, and Todd Gurley. Stevens is awful, he won't beat us. Again, I'm shocked at the CSU-phobia emanating from this site this week. If we slow their running game, and avoid dumb mistakes, we win this game.

I would really worry about Bobo - he was the OC/QB coach at Georgia for a long time and he has a lot of experience attacking defenses like LSU and Alabama.

He may have a lot of experience in playing those teams, but he doesn't have a lot of experience beating those teams. Just sayin'.

But he attacked LSU's and Alabama's defense with players like Matthew Stafford, AJ Green, and Todd Gurley. Stevens is awful, he won't beat us. Again, I'm shocked at the CSU-phobia emanating from this site this week. If we slow their running game, and avoid dumb mistakes, we win this game.

I think the worries about their offense may be overstated, but their defense under their new DC is going to cause us issues IMO, especially with the Irwin injury. They play physical, not exactly the greatest matchup for us. Add in the potential for a couple special teams woes and I think you have an evenly matched game.

Those seems like big "if's" to me.

Here's hoping UMass was the game they needed to learn what it takes to win and win decisively. I sure hope it provided the spark to a good season...I have a feeling that I'm either right or wrong about that :ROFLMAO:

Definitely a stretch to say that the umass qb is horrible but if you want to start sand bagging that is fine with me

Here's hoping UMass was the game they needed to learn what it takes to win and win decisively. I sure hope it provided the spark to a good season...I have a feeling that I'm either right or wrong about that :ROFLMAO:

I find myself swaying back and forth so much about this game.

Right now I am confident CU will take care of business. But then I begin to hesitate and think we are ****ed and we will look like the Washington Generals out there.

Maybe I am just doing too much field work and starting to go a bit loco.

I also have a feeling that you are either right or wrong about that.

Right now I am confident CU will take care of business. But then I begin to hesitate and think we are ****ed and we will look like the Washington Generals out there.

Man, I was gettin' there.

I would really worry about Bobo - he was the OC/QB coach at Georgia for a long time and he has a lot of experience attacking defenses like LSU and Alabama.
I'm actually surprised Bobo is getting so much credit. Sparkles actually had a very impressive coaching tree and resume. Bobo is somebody who has only coached at Georgia. That's it. I'm not saying he isn't a solid coach, but Bobo is currently enjoying the benefit of Sparkle's hard work.

-Couple of things that are incorrect in your post. The Umass QB is certainly not terrible and is light years better than what CsU has to offer. Last season Fronhapfel threw for over 3,300 yards and 24 TDs, the guy knows how to play the position.

- About CSU "lighting up" their first opponent. You failed to mention that opponent was Savannah State, who didn't win a single game last year. Not one. They lost to NC A&T 34-0. They lost to Bethune-Cookman by 4 TDs and lost to goddamn Howard by 30. So forgive me for not thinking that game says anything about CSU. Oh, and GA Southern beat them 83-9.

- Stevens was pulled last week and looked terrible, it was questionable if he would even start this week, so how is he a better leader than Senior Fronhapfel or Max Wittek? I really think you're coming out of left field with the, "Stevens is going to get good coaching this week". How do you know? So what if he does? Do our coaches plan on not giving good coaching this week?

- I certainly am worried about the outcome of the game but it has nothing to do with Nick Stevens.

Last edited:
-Couple of things that are incorrect in your post. The Umass QB is certainly not terrible and is light years better than what CU has to offer. Last season Fronhapfel threw for over 3,300 yards and 24 TDs, the guy knows how to play the position.

- About CSU "lighting up" their first opponent. You failed to mention that opponent was Savannah State, who didn't win a single game last year. Not one. They lost to NC A&T 34-0. They lost to Bethune-Cookman by 4 TDs and lost to ******* Howard by 30. So forgive me for not thinking that game says anything about CSU. Oh, and GA Southern beat them 83-9.

- Stevens was pulled last week and looked terrible, it was questionable if he would even start this week, so how is he a better leader than Senior Fronhapfel or Max Wittek? I really think you're coming out of left field with the, "Stevens is going to get good coaching this week". How do you know? So what if he does? Do our coaches plan on not giving good coaching this week?

- I certainly am worried about the outcome of the game but it has nothing to do with Nick Stevens.
What were Sefo's numbers last year?

Back