What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU @ Arizona State Thread (11/4, 7PM on Pac-12 Network)

Still fuming about this game and will unless the Buffs knock off SUC. Why the hell didn't MacIntyre go for it on 4th down?!?

Same story in every pac game this year. Can’t stop the run...linebackers if they tackle are 5 yds downfield....lack of recruiting and poor game decisions continue to haunt this team.
Hard to not question the punt decision when your “D” hasn’t made a stop the whole second half.
Hard to stomach

Yeah. I don't know the stats, but looking ahead to 2018 it sure looked like Landman's got a lot of potential to play a much larger role.

And even when he does have games with a lot of tackles, he's too slow to meet guys in the hole for short gains, he's usually catching them 4 yards downfield and they're falling forward. Landman showed flashes that he's the real deal. That 4th down stop slashed into the backfield, making special teams plays. An off-season on Wilson's S&C putting on weight, he should make a big leap.

I think Lynott's injury played into that. Did he return to the game?

A few drops, a few injuries. Should have won that game.

I hope Lynott, Oliver and Moeller return soon.
Yep to all, but I wish it was only a few drops.

Chill. No more personal attacks.

**** I'm pissed right now. I wish I could quit this team.

Same story in every pac game this year. Can’t stop the run...linebackers if they tackle are 5 yds downfield....lack of recruiting and poor game decisions continue to haunt this team.
Hard to not question the punt decision when your “D” hasn’t made a stop the whole second half.
Hard to stomach
As I mentioned earlier # 9 is fat.
And soft

Is this staff even capable of recruiting quality DL and LB players? If not, drastic changes seem necessary.

Reactions: SBG
I do not believe that Gamboa had a single tackle today, so essentially we played with 10 defenders. Also, the DB's and Safeties pretty much played every snap without rest and were getting blown off the field. I have never been more angry and pissed off at losing a game and having the other team get credit for winning when it should not have been even close.
Painful loss, and as we all know Bowl Games are critical.

I don't blame Gamboa. He did make some tackles and the guy absolutely bust his butt and gives everything he has on the field.

It isn't his fault that we recruited a slightly undersized LB who does not have the quickness and speed to defend the kind of offenses we face but is out there anyways because we haven't recruited and developed better.

Gamboa should be a guy we use in short yardage, obvious run situations against power running offenses. He also should have a P5 level set of defensive linemen in front of him so he doesn't have to fend off blocking linemen every play.

Yes, Gamboa gets picked on, he has trouble staying with backs in space, he always seems to be behind the play. I'm not going to criticize somebody though doing the very best they can at something they should never be asked to do.

Gamboa is a symbol of our recruiting failings.

It will be interesting to see how this team reacts to this. Past teams would mail it in. I don’t think this team will but it also remains to be seen whether that will matter at all.

I see no reason why our run defense will be better next year.

Our DL is NAIA level ****ty

I need to stop getting so emotionally upset in these games. This game and WSU has turned me into a completely different human

This is why I turn off the buffs and the broncos, I straight break ****.

Just ****ing told my dog to stop looking at me. **** you Buffs that one's on you.

I feel ya. My fiancée and dog aren’t happy
With me if I watch games like this. I’m not fun to be around.

Barnett called the team fragile, can’t really disagree. I think there are personnel issues for sure, and people tend to blame the coaches too much. Tonight tho, we got out-coached by Todd Graham. I don’t have any interest in defending MM tonight.

I’m so damn tired of all the NFL mentality in college OCs these days. A 2-3 yard run isn’t considered efficient by yards-per-play standards, but sometimes you need to run the ****ing ball even if it only gets you 2-3 yards. College QBs with college OLs need to put in reasonable situations to succeed. The playbook is still open, probably moreso, on a 2nd and 7. But we get stuck in so many 3rd and longs where Montez doesn’t have time or gets spooked before guys can make it past the sticks. So frustrating.

I don't blame Gamboa. He did make some tackles and the guy absolutely bust his butt and gives everything he has on the field.

It isn't his fault that we recruited a slightly undersized LB who does not have the quickness and speed to defend the kind of offenses we face but is out there anyways because we haven't recruited and developed better.

Gamboa should be a guy we use in short yardage, obvious run situations against power running offenses. He also should have a P5 level set of defensive linemen in front of him so he doesn't have to fend off blocking linemen every play.

Yes, Gamboa gets picked on, he has trouble staying with backs in space, he always seems to be behind the play. I'm not going to criticize somebody though doing the very best they can at something they should never be asked to do.

Gamboa is a symbol of our recruiting failings.

Back