What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU @ ASU OFFICIAL GAME THREAD (8 PM MT on P12 Network)

Goes without saying probably, but last night's game was the most complete game on offense that the Buffs have played in a long time. I hope I'm not going too optimistic here, but last night's game reminded me of 1986/1987 games of the Bill Mc development era. IMO give Mel a couple of years of recruiting and this program will massively take off. Asides: a) Need some tightening on D (LBs) in a hurry, b) Fontenot is a VERY pleasant surprise, and Mangham is a Man, c) Tony Brown will make an NFL roster next year, d) the skinny ASU QB will be a headache to all opponents going forward. Great win.

If my choices are Buffs football or Eric Clapton, Clapton can choke on a dick

There's a live YouTube of Derek Trucks, Eric Clapton and Warren Haines doing "Elizabeth Reed" from a few years ago. Eric is the Cub Scout among men.

Goes without saying probably, but last night's game was the most complete game on offense that the Buffs have played in a long time. I hope I'm not going too optimistic here, but last night's game reminded me of 1986/1987 games of the Bill Mc development era. IMO give Mel a couple of years of recruiting and this program will massively take off. Asides: a) Need some tightening on D (LBs) in a hurry, b) Fontenot is a VERY pleasant surprise, and Mangham is a Man, c) Tony Brown will make an NFL roster next year, d) the skinny ASU QB will be a headache to all opponents going forward. Great win.
If we just had one or two relentless, fast twitch pass rushers the defense would look real good right now. What I see on the defensive side is linebackers stuck in coverage (mostly zone) for way too long bc the rush can't get home. If we had a Jimmie Gilbert added to this team I think it would make a world of difference. If MT can add those big linemen that not only dominate the run game, but can also rush the passer with elite quickness, that will really change the game on that side of the ball. On offense it is always risky to oversimplify things, but if you have a QB you have a chance. When Montez is playing his A game Buffs can hang with just about any team. If the next QB is at or above his level the offense will be just fine. I would imagine the coordinators will both be here for a few years, and that is a big part of both units being consistent.

Mostly though I agree with you that if MT can elevate the incoming talent a notch we look to be heading toward a stretch of solid Buffs football.

He's the best TE we have. Fastest, best blocker, and best route runner. You say he's not a threat, but I can point to a few catches this year where he made people miss or dragged defenders, and I can show you several other instances where he was open for huge yardage. Russell is absolutely a threat.

Stop. He has 7 catches in 4 games for 77 as the starting TE. One was for 27 yards. That leaves 6 for 50. He runs rounded routes. He can’t stick a cut. He blocks great. He’s tough. He epitomizes being a Buff, but he’s not a threat as a TE. Nobody has to scheme for him.

The TE position is the least talented position on the team. They can try to use it more, but holy **** they need Fauria to be legit from day one and hopefully flip Kole Taylor

watching the replay, TV says when SM went over to talk with Viska, Viska "pointed at his midsection". no idea what that might mean, but a little annoyed they don't do a news release/update on the injured players. the guy from asu who attacked Johnson, should have to sit out a game.

Obviously, I can't predict the future, but I dont see Fauria, or Taylor if we flip him, being able to block well enough as freshmen to usurp him. Then, if one does his senior year, I still see Russell seeing a ton of time as an H Back.

Man when Abrams went out, I was sure he broke his collarbone or separated a shoulder. I couldn’t believe he was back in the game later - we can’t afford to lose anyone in the defensive backfield.
That was an ugly, ugly stinger.

watching the replay, TV says when SM went over to talk with Viska, Viska "pointed at his midsection". no idea what that might mean, but a little annoyed they don't do a news release/update on the injured players. the guy from asu who attacked Johnson, should have to sit out a game.
Maybe a rib or ribs?

There was one throw to Harris on a slant and one to Bisharat. I don’t remember any others but I probably missed something.

Not a big Yogi Roth fan, but our plan was not to attack the middle of the ASU 3-3-5 cause crossers and other seams are clogged. Strategic running and outside the numbers throws was our go to plan. Montez’s big arm and focus executed well, as well as the OL and blocking from the TE’s

Back