What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU @ ASU OFFICIAL GAME THREAD (8 PM MT on P12 Network)

That unsportsmanlike penalty on KD was frustrating. I still don’t know what he was retaliating against but it sure looked like the devil had his hand in or around KD’s face giving him the business.

The defense doesn’t appear to be very well coached, frankly. Lots of guys out of position. I guess they do manage to get it figured out eventually, but a truly well coached defense doesn’t wait around until the se ind half to start making plays.

The defense doesn’t appear to be very well coached, frankly. Lots of guys out of position. I guess they do manage to get it figured out eventually, but a truly well coached defense doesn’t wait around until the se ind half to start making plays.

Isn't Leavitt looking for a job?

I’d actually be interested in those who can recognize if it is coaching, or lack of talent. I’ve heard it is more of a speed issue in the middle and lack of pass rushers on the line.

I’d actually be interested in those who can recognize if it is coaching, or lack of talent. I’ve heard it is more of a speed issue in the middle and lack of pass rushers on the line.
I think the Secondary issues have been a mix of coaching and talent issues but the complete blown assignments and wide open receivers is a coaching issue plain and simple. I think the fact that those blown assignments have been getting fewer and fewer each week also suggests the coaching is getting better and the players are beginning to understand their assignments.

I think the Secondary issues have been a mix of coaching and talent issues but the complete blown assignments and wide open receivers is a coaching issue plain and simple. I think the fact that those blown assignments have been getting fewer and fewer each week also suggests the coaching is getting better and the players are beginning to understand their assignments.
Second this. The technique aspect of the Defensive backs has substantially improved. Their ball skills at the point of attack have definitely improved and an easy way to recognize this is the lack of PI calls comparatively. Guys are turning to attack the ball in air more often than in recent past. The obvious issues are how many explosive plays are given up, and that’s all on the coaches. Either they aren’t implementing the scheme well enough for these DB’s to get it or they aren’t simplifying it enough to make it easy. Either way, the explosion plays against this D for the most part aren’t some guy getting beat 1 on 1, it’s a dude running wide open across the middle of the field or leaking out of the backfield and someone missed their assignment

Thanx for that. A couple of "too late" observations:

- Tony Brown did a nice job on the scramble drill for that TD catch. No hesitation, broke with the qb.
- there were some nice blocking schemes; stripper state was bringing people and the folks upfront (including te's) were getting hat on hat, even at 2nd level.
- Stephanou is becoming a weapon. Accurate and seems unphased by the moment.
- Montez moved with a purpose. Can we bottle that and have him drink it before every game?
- That poor stripper stare db when Viska caught the bubble screen; didn't know which way to go, and then had the full force of man-beast in his chest. I lol'ed.

That unsportsmanlike penalty on KD was frustrating. I still don’t know what he was retaliating against but it sure looked like the devil had his hand in or around KD’s face giving him the business.
He was retaliating against the guy laying on top of him and refusing to get off until kd pushed him off. It was ridiculous that there werent offsetting penalties on that play.

Back