What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Depth Chart (August 29 update)

Seems like Callier and Sparaco were mentioned most on D for the young guys. I agree on Nixon, get that dude the ball in space and let him work.

Ento was dressed at the beginning, just had a rag over his head and no helmet. Huntley definitely played on kickoff.

So I've looked everywhere and can't figure out what happened with Irwin. TV said injury, several folks here say suspension (of course I trust here more). But what happened and how long is the suspension?
EDIT: never mind, sorry.

Javier went out with hurt angle, looked to me. Hope he is okay for next week, not so much that we need him but he needs the reps.

Javier still needs to drop some weight, even 10 to 15 pounds would help. Hopefully that'll happen during the season.

Udoffia is still learning, bit the strip-fumble, the INT, and a few of the pass defenses were great. The guy is going to be good.

Udoffia is still learning, bit the strip-fumble, the INT, and a few of the pass defenses were great. The guy is going to be good.
He got better as the game went on. Gained confidence instead of losing it.

Good sign that the moment doesn't get to him. He showed the athletic ability, just as important for a DB is to be able to handle the pressure even when things don't go well.

Need to rotate Blackmon into the rotation more. Big corners are great and everything but we need a smaller quicker guys for different matchups.

Javier seemed to figure things out as the game progressed and he had a really tough matchup against a great senior C in Bennett. Franke looked pretty explosive off the snap and will give some quality reps this year.
As a former lineman, it sucks having to try and push a really big dude around most snaps, then have a guy who is explosive off the ball with quicker feet come in and try and block him. When it's one or the other, you get in a groove and figure out how to handle it and cheat a little to combat their strength. When you get both, you have to have your mind right every snap, and your feet and hands ready to move when the quick guy comes in. I saw Franke causing problems beating his guy to the gap a few times, and I know the one two punch really helped that.

Is Issac Miller hurt?

Did VanDiest get snaps vs CSU? Akil Jones? I didn't notice.

Also curious about Blackmon or Rakestraw at CB? Wigley?

I'm thinking about what depth gets experience in Weeks 2-3 with biggest eye towards OL (graduate a lot next year), CB, Safety (who plays behind Moeller/Worthington. Assuming Fisher rests til UW?) and LB

MacIntyre confirmed today Ento redshirting is a real possibility.
As long as Ento is on board I think this is a great thing for the team, and the WR group especially. He will be even more physical next year, and could lead a group with a lot of ability, but not a ton of experience. Him, Walker and Mac, with a bunch of guys with loads of talent but not much playing time.

As long as Ento is on board I think this is a great thing for the team, and the WR group especially. He will be even more physical next year, and could lead a group with a lot of ability, but not a ton of experience. Him, Walker and Mac, with a bunch of guys with loads of talent but not much playing time.
Don't forget Winfree. Plus Brown had over 300 yards as a frosh at TTU. And we don't know what Nixon & Shenault will do this year. I like our WRs a lot next year even on experience level.

Don't forget Winfree. Plus Brown had over 300 yards as a frosh at TTU. And we don't know what Nixon & Shenault will do this year. I like our WRs a lot next year even on experience level.
Great point, forgot about both of those guys. I think it will be tough for many guys to get a ton of run this year with Bobo, Fields, Ross & Mac, plus Lindsey out of the backfield. While I expect more this year, only about 25-30 completions to guys outside those five last season. But you are right there should not be a lot of drop off there in the foreseable future. I do expect a transfer or two, especially if three or four more WRs sign in Dec/Feb. Kinda fun being a Buffs fan these days . . .

Great point, forgot about both of those guys. I think it will be tough for many guys to get a ton of run this year with Bobo, Fields, Ross & Mac, plus Lindsey out of the backfield. While I expect more this year, only about 25-30 completions to guys outside those five last season. But you are right there should not be a lot of drop off there in the foreseable future. I do expect a transfer or two, especially if three or four more WRs sign in Dec/Feb. Kinda fun being a Buffs fan these days . . .
Yeah. Ton of fun. I really like the future teams. With Poplawski, I'm even feeling like we're going to have a threat in the passing game at TE. My biggest question for the 2018 offense is building depth on the OL this season so they don't take a step back next season.

Next years WR's are going to have tons of size with speed. Really like that group. Maybe more so than this year's group.

Listened to Adam & Tyler's weekly podcast and they brought up an interesting scenario with Fisher.

The hamstring is expected to keep him out at least this week and maybe longer.

Worthington is a playmaker and you have to have him on the field.

Might the coaches want to hold Fisher out beyond when he needs to rehab and try to redshirt him?

It's hard for me to imagine that our depth at safety makes this possible, but should they give it a try and get Fisher a redshirt year if it becomes possible?

Could they deem it a medical redshirt, retaining the ability to redshirt again should he have a major injury down the line?

Listened to Adam & Tyler's weekly podcast and they brought up an interesting scenario with Fisher.

The hamstring is expected to keep him out at least this week and maybe longer.

Worthington is a playmaker and you have to have him on the field.

Might the coaches want to hold Fisher out beyond when he needs to rehab and try to redshirt him?

It's hard for me to imagine that our depth at safety makes this possible, but should they give it a try and get Fisher a redshirt year if it becomes possible?

No. The secondary needs all hands on deck this season.

Could they deem it a medical redshirt, retaining the ability to redshirt again should he have a major injury down the line?
Almost certain that they would have a strong argument that he missed this season due to medical reasons. Therefore a future season lost to a medical reason would trigger a medical hardship waiver and a 6th year on the eligibility clock.

My understanding is that Miller is practicing but came into camp not full go physically. Not sure how that's changed in the last month.

My understanding is that Miller is practicing but came into camp not full go physically. Not sure how that's changed in the last month.

Guy can't catch a break healthwise. Not for lack of effort or desire, just seems like he is always dealing with something.

Want to see him get healthy and play. Looks like a natural LT and with Irwin leaving after this year we need to fill that spot.

Guy can't catch a break healthwise. Not for lack of effort or desire, just seems like he is always dealing with something.

Want to see him get healthy and play. Looks like a natural LT and with Irwin leaving after this year we need to fill that spot.
He's been dealing with the same leg issue for over a year, but it went misdiagnosed until spring.

I don't have a recent update, but if nothing's changed, we will see him soon. Kaiser's improvement coupled with Isaac's missed time affords such a luxury.

No way do you redshirt him. CU does not have the depth at Safety and would be in big trouble with some injuries. Not a good sign if this is being reported this way about his hammy. I am guessing it will be a problem all year long, if he does play.

Back