What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Depth Chart (August 29 update)

CU is responsible for turning UNC into Quarterback U. Back when Lobato was clearly our best QB based on spring games and open practices, so Dan Hawkins moved him to Safety and forced him to transfer.

CU is responsible for turning UNC into Quarterback U. Back when Lobato was clearly our best QB based on spring games and open practices, so Dan Hawkins moved him to Safety and forced him to transfer.

Please don't bring this back up again, just another one of the things I still am mad at Hawkins about.

Lobato was good enough to get interest from multiple NFL teams and ended up on a practice squad for a season, but with the mighty Cody here he wasn't good enough to be a QB on the Buffs roster.

A few observations from last night:

1. Good to see Callier and Sparaco getting plenty of snaps. Figured we would need at least one to play a lot this year, both being thrown in right away is probably better.

2. Irwin suspension was rough. OT depth is rather suspect. Not so sure Haigler would have played all of the snaps last night if other options were available.

3. Need Fisher back very soon.

A few observations from last night:

1. Good to see Callier and Sparaco getting plenty of snaps. Figured we would need at least one to play a lot this year, both being thrown in right away is probably better.
Granted it was a Mountain West opponent, but both looked good. It was one game, but I think both will be contributors over the course of their careers.

I was encouraged by how Udoffia progressed during the game. Started to really trust his instincts and his abilities. I think our CB's are going to both be really fun to watch as we move forward.

Granted it was a Mountain West opponent, but both looked good. It was one game, but I think both will be contributors over the course of their careers.

I am just happy to see the coaches are not going to completely rely on questionable upperclassmen.

Are UW's #2/#3 receivers a lot better than Olabisi Johnson? Oliver can match up with Pettis (or anyone in the country, IMO), but going to need Uddofia to be more consistent vs their other guys.

Fishers ability to play S and CB is needed against P12 teams. Get that hammy healed.

I said it in the chat but Callier is going to be an absolute stud for this program of the next 3-4 years.

Drew Lewis is a dude

Lewis wasn't very noticeable in the run game. He seemed more like an unguided missile, used to good effect to rush the QB. I think we'll need him to play smarter, but there's enough time for him to learn.

Fishers ability to play S and CB is needed against P12 teams. Get that hammy healed.

I said it in the chat but Callier is going to be an absolute stud for this program of the next 3-4 years.

Drew Lewis is a dude
I'd rest Fisher for another game or two. Hamstrings can be tricky.

Lewis wasn't very noticeable in the run game. He seemed more like an unguided missile, used to good effect to rush the QB. I think we'll need him to play smarter, but there's enough time for him to learn.

I don't know man...I'm watching the game's telecast now, and Drew Lewis is popping out more than he did while watching live. I may be biased, bc I had huge hopes for him; however, he made some decent plays in the run game. There are a few plays where he didn't make the play, but he still was in position (admittedly, I'm only half way into the telecast). I get what you mean by unguided missile a few times, but I think we have ourselves a player in Lewis. He and Oliver really stood out to me on D.

I don't know man...I'm watching the game's telecast now, and Drew Lewis is popping out more than he did while watching live. I may be biased, bc I had huge hopes for him; however, he made some decent plays in the run game. There are a few plays where he didn't make the play, but he still was in position (admittedly, I'm only half way into the telecast). I get what you mean by unguided missile a few times, but I think we have ourselves a player in Lewis. He and Oliver really stood out to me on D.
There's still some technique and recognition stuff with Lewis that game reps will solve. But that dude is flying all over the field. Has a chance to be special.

Worthington showed that he's a player, though. I like our Secondary a lot, just have to get Uddofia playing with more consistency and confidence. We do need a guy that can be a lock down slot guy (NB) in coverage like Chido was. Hopefully Worthington can be that guy, but also intrigued with Blackmon.

Still thin at corner, and Fo will have busts in coverage (that called back td was ugly), but I'm ok with where the secondary is at. DL looks to be guys that hold position instead of making plays, but I'm ok with that for this defense. I wonder how CSUs OL stacks up with the rest of our schedule

Still thin at corner, and Fo will have busts in coverage (that called back td was ugly), but I'm ok with where the secondary is at. DL looks to be guys that hold position instead of making plays, but I'm ok with that for this defense. I wonder how CSUs OL stacks up with the rest of our schedule
That last part is definitely something to watch for. Didn't generate much pressure with a straight 4 man rush. Let's hope that's due to CSU OL being really good.

On the DL, I was really happy with Leo Jackson. Mulumba is still figuring it out and had a tough matchup with seniors on the left side of CSU's OL. Javier seemed to figure things out as the game progressed and he had a really tough matchup against a great senior C in Bennett. Franke looked pretty explosive off the snap and will give some quality reps this year. Was nice to see Tuiloma get a couple tackles. His development is huge for this DL rotation. Hopefully we'll get Umu and Frazier back so that our depth gets where it's supposed to be as they work on improving these next couple weeks before facing that nasty OL of Washington's.

Back