What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Depth Chart (August 29 update)

Torn Achilles for Lynott really really sucks. Those things take a year to recover and then you are never the same. Which Timmy the best!!!! Think we will see him in 2019.

Torn Achilles for Lynott really really sucks. Those things take a year to recover and then you are never the same. Which Timmy the best!!!! Think we will see him in 2019.
Given Lynott's position I am not worried about him being the same, he doesn't have to be highly explosive just really strong...and he can be really strong again. The year time frame to be back to normal is correct, but that doesn't account for him getting his strength back....which is my way of saying, I would be very surprised if he was back and playing next year. Hope that means he gets a medical redshirt next year and then comes back to play two....wait is that even possible since he had a traditional redshirt?

It's better not to make predictions on recovery time from injuries and whether the injury will have long-term impact on a player.

fwiw, patients who have achilles tendon surgery usually return to full activity in 6 months. That's an average. So probably 4 months for some, 9 months for others. Helps that he's young and pretty much at peak age for his body producing growth hormones. Makes it harder that he weighs 300 pounds and his sport requires him leveraging or delivering/absorbing violent contact against other 300 pound men who can squat twice their body weight.

When I tore mine I was back jogging in 6 months and full running about 10 months and I did not have the access or dedication to rehab he will have. I would think he will be close to ready by fall camp and full go by conference play..
But as been said, to each their own time line.

Texas RB turned TE under Herman plans to transfer. No idea if there's any mutual interest, but he's transferring because he wants to play RB... Buffs could use one, even if it wouldn't be until 2019.

Given Lynott's position I am not worried about him being the same, he doesn't have to be highly explosive just really strong...and he can be really strong again. The year time frame to be back to normal is correct, but that doesn't account for him getting his strength back....which is my way of saying, I would be very surprised if he was back and playing next year. Hope that means he gets a medical redshirt next year and then comes back to play two....wait is that even possible since he had a traditional redshirt?
A medical redshirt is only possible if a player loses 2 seasons to injury. Lynott played enough in 17 so that year is not a lost year. So no.

Back