What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

Pac-11 with SDSU?

We have to be in So Cal. Beyond that, I don't know if anybody else would be accretive as #12.

Maybe SMU, but poaching TCU and the B12 having to replace with SMU would be so much better.

Expect SDSU to be announced anyday soon now that the UCLA meeting is now out of the way

I can see George going after SMU also been talk about Gonzaga and leaving 11 in football

Pac-11 with SDSU?

We have to be in So Cal. Beyond that, I don't know if anybody else would be accretive as #12.

Maybe SMU, but poaching TCU and the B12 having to replace with SMU would be so much better.
I don't think TCU would make that move, and growing up in DFW I can tell you this-SMU is in a similar spot in terms of sports entertainment in that city to the one CSU holds here.

They wouldn't bring much.

Replies are 🔥

Maybe George was actually right when he said that the general UCLA/USC fans "he spoke to" were against the move

Best comments were:

can’t wait for the UCLA women’s beach volleyball team to compete against Iowas Beach volleyball team.

and the UCLA water sports teams competing against the infamous Nebraska water teams.

Best comments were:

can’t wait for the UCLA women’s beach volleyball team to compete against Iowas Beach volleyball team.

and the UCLA water sports teams competing against the infamous Nebraska water teams.
I've posted before, but I'm increasingly confident that this will lead to national conferences for football and regional conferences for all other sports.

I've posted before, but I'm increasingly confident that this will lead to national conferences for football and regional conferences for all other sports.
I'm ready for it. Give me a college football league with top teams & a playoff.

Then give me something like the conferences from the 1980s for all other sports.

Nebraska's swimming teams is actually one of the nations best 🤐
Perry Cox Reaction GIF

I don’t care about anything Nebraska…. But does anyone know if CU’s swimming and diving team is still going strong? :)

I'm ready for it. Give me a college football league with top teams & a playoff.

Then give me something like the conferences from the 1980s for all other sports.
The playoffs have been horrible for CFB.

I pray that whatever transpires next gets rid of that abomination in the eyes of man and god.

I thought you had come around and acknowledged how bad the CFP has been for the sport.

The playoffs have been horrible for CFB. I pray that whatever transpires next gets rid of that abomination in the eyes of man and god.
If you don't have regional conferences with traditional rivalries, fixed bowl tie-ins, and a very limited number of bowls so that making one matters... bowls are stupid exhibition games.

If you don't have regional conferences with traditional rivalries, fixed bowl tie-ins, and a very limited number of bowls so that making one matters... bowls are stupid exhibition games.
You could've left off those caveats. Plain and simple, bowls are exhibition games.

Anyone else wish for the days when we had the automatic tie in from the big 8 to the orange bowl?

I too wish we were back to the old rivalries and regional conferences. But with the new landscape, I’d be up for joining the big 10 with Kansas.

And then there is this twitter comment

NEVER forget the very same CA state government which is banning the sale of gas-fueled cars in 2035, just overwhelmingly approved UCLA heading to the Big 10, which will dramatically increase the carbon footprint of not only UCLA/USC, but also every other Big 10 team

NEVER forget the very same CA state government which is banning the sale of gas-fueled cars in 2035, just overwhelmingly approved UCLA heading to the Big 10, which will dramatically increase the carbon footprint of not only UCLA/USC, but also every other Big 10 team

giphy.gif

Pac-11 with SDSU?

Tulane has more SEC championships than most of the SEC so I say we go grab them

TIL that the UC regents was "the same" group as the California state legislature.

Back