What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

And then there is this twitter comment

NEVER forget the very same CA state government which is banning the sale of gas-fueled cars in 2035, just overwhelmingly approved UCLA heading to the Big 10, which will dramatically increase the carbon footprint of not only UCLA/USC, but also every other Big 10 team
Kamala Harris Whatever GIF by MOODMAN

If you don't have regional conferences with traditional rivalries, fixed bowl tie-ins, and a very limited number of bowls so that making one matters... bowls are stupid exhibition games.
I feel like I got blasted for making this same comment.

The Pac-12 remains without a new media rights deal. With their prospects seemingly diminishing, the likes of Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado and Utah could potentially be lured to the Big 12. The idea would be to convince those schools they could make more money in the Big

The Pac 12 prospects seemingly diminishing... This is the key phrase that caught my eye.

The Pac-12 remains without a new media rights deal. With their prospects seemingly diminishing, the likes of Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado and Utah could potentially be lured to the Big 12. The idea would be to convince those schools they could make more money in the Big

The Pac 12 prospects seemingly diminishing... This is the key phrase that caught my eye.
I didn't even need to click on that article to know it came from Dennis Dodd based on that quote. Dude is a B12 hack and mouthpiece.

Interesting. If true, it's certainly better than what we've had...but is it good enough.

With the massive success that Amazon has been for TNF this year and the way TV content is consumed now, I don't really see a different between Amazon, CBS, NBC, ESPN and Fox to be honest. In fact, Amazon sports is probably going to be easier for more people to access and will have more avenues of which to acces it through mobile and tablet as pretty much everyone already pays for Amazon Prime. Plus, it doesn't rely on distributors that potentially black out certain networks (Comcast is currently in dispute with FOX and it's probably going to black out the network soon, just like Dish did last year). Add to all this, that Amazon could very likely get the rights to NFL Sunday Ticket, which is only going to attract more people to it.

Have seen rumors around that it would pay out more than the Big 12 (repeated above) and would be a relatively short contract.

Seems like a win/win really. Prolongs the life span of the Pac10, increases distribution and access in a massive way, and if it doesn't work out everyone is back to the negotiation table and hopefully CU is back as a competitive and desirable football brand.

With the massive success that Amazon has been for TNF this year and the way TV content is consumed now, I don't really see a different between Amazon, CBS, NBC, ESPN and Fox to be honest. In fact, Amazon sports is probably going to be easier for more people to access and will have more avenues of which to acces it through mobile and tablet as pretty much everyone already pays for Amazon Prime. Plus, it doesn't rely on distributors that potentially black out certain networks (Comcast is currently in dispute with FOX and it's probably going to black out the network soon, just like Dish did last year). Add to all this, that Amazon could very likely get the rights to NFL Sunday Ticket, which is only going to attract more people to it.
I agree it will improve access. I guess I wonder what the length of the agreement would be. Slightly higher than the Big 12 is certainly better than what we have. If CU is choosing between this deal and the rumored B12 offer, I'm not sure which is better. Maybe it really doesn't matter if we're playing a 'short game' while we get our **** together in order to have more options down the road.

EDIT: What S2S said.

Only difference is that you have to open a different App on your TV to watch the game, so channel surfing between games is harder. Could be a problem for casual fans. But for us? sweet.

I agree it will improve access. I guess I wonder what the length of the agreement would be. Slightly higher than the Big 12 is certainly better than what we have. If CU is choosing between this deal and the rumored B12 offer, I'm not sure which is better. Maybe it really doesn't matter if we're playing a 'short game' while we get our **** together in order to have more options down the road.

EDIT: What S2S said.
Honestly, the idea of going to the Big 12 is dead, IMO. It doesn't make sense until the next round of expansion, which will certainly be the one that shapes the entire CFB landscape going forward and likely close off access to the playoff to any program not in the B1G and SEC.

There is a difference. I was in early on leaving cable behind, and while my old house had an antenna, I don't have that (yet) at the new house. I haven't watched broadcast tv in over a year now. So I'm down to streaming options that don't require a provider login. I already pay for Amazon for the convenience inititially, but also content more recently. I was paying for SlingTV during the football season, but now won't have to. I can't be alone in all this.
So the difference is actually favoring Amazon.

Honestly, the idea of going to the Big 12 is dead, IMO. It doesn't make sense until the next round of expansion, which will certainly be the one that shapes the entire CFB landscape going forward and likely close off access to the playoff to any program not in the B1G and SEC.
Agree...unless other teams jump ship. Then all bets are off.

Only difference is that you have to open a different App on your TV to watch the game, so channel surfing between games is harder. Could be a problem for casual fans. But for us? sweet.
That's he part I hate. Anytime there are commercials it's a PITA to get out of the app and then back in.
Any idea how bars/restaurants are dealing with Amazon Thursday night games ? Do most have it ?

Personally I'm sick of the PAC12 and once USA/UCLA are gone I'm not thrilled with SDSU and a Fresno or SMU taking their places.

That's he part I hate. Anytime there are commercials it's a PITA to get out of the app and then back in.
Any idea how bars/restaurants are dealing with Amazon Thursday night games ? Do most have it ?

Personally I'm sick of the PAC12 and once USA/UCLA are gone I'm not thrilled with SDSU and a Fresno or SMU taking their places.
dark horse has no problem having thursday night NFL games on when I'm there.

I realize I'm in a minority of sports fans here, but Amazon Prime's lack of an integrated DVR makes this less desirable than being on regular network TV or even something like the ACC Network, where i can easily record and watch later

I realize I'm in a minority of sports fans here, but Amazon Prime's lack of an integrated DVR makes this less desirable than being on regular network TV or even something like the ACC Network, where i can easily record and watch later

I don’t think you need to record anything unless maybe you’re trying to watch a game from a different season. You can go on Prime right now and watch any TNF game from this year. It also gives you the option to start from the beginning if you click on a live game.

I don’t think you need to record anything unless maybe you’re trying to watch a game from a different season. You can go on Prime right now and watch any TNF game from this year. It also gives you the option to start from the beginning if you click on a live game.
TIL

Thanks

Bars don't change the channel of network games, so I don't know why they would treat Amazon games any differently

Back