What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

Bars don't change the channel of network games, so I don't know why they would treat Amazon games any differently
Assuming bars get Amazon. I posted in week 1 about feeling silly when I asked the bartender to put on the Thursday NFL game and learned it was on Prime.

That's he part I hate. Anytime there are commercials it's a PITA to get out of the app and then back in.
Any idea how bars/restaurants are dealing with Amazon Thursday night games ? Do most have it ?

Personally I'm sick of the PAC12 and once USA/UCLA are gone I'm not thrilled with SDSU and a Fresno or SMU taking their places.
I was in Dallas early in NFL season and several sports bars did not have prime for thusday game. I believe most everyone figured it out.

Assuming bars get Amazon. I posted in week 1 about feeling silly when I asked the bartender to put on the Thursday NFL game and learned it was on Prime.
And your bartender didn't have Amazon access when you asked?

I have to imagine every bar in the country will have Amazon access at some point soon, especially if Amazon purchases the rights to NFL Sunday Ticket

I think this is great, especially if Sunday Ticket ends up on Amazon. Myself included, I know alot of cord cutters who will be watching way more PAC games because of the ease of watching at home. I think Sunday Ticket would be an additional cost, but Amazon getting it would ensure a bunch of bars would also be watching PAC games on a regular basis. It would also allow for a lot of cross promotion (not to mention the Prime name), making the Coach Prime even more valuable.

I think this is great, especially if Sunday Ticket ends up on Amazon. Myself included, I know alot of cord cutters who will be watching way more PAC games because of the ease of watching at home. I think Sunday Ticket would be an additional cost, but Amazon getting it would ensure a bunch of bars would also be watching PAC games on a regular basis. It would also allow for a lot of cross promotion (not to mention the Prime name), making the Coach Prime even more valuable.
I couldn’t have planned this better. I just cut the cord to my cable last month—saving SO much money each month.

I have Amazon PRIME all the time (and alternate the other streaming apps depending on what’s on). The fact that PAC12 may follow me to Prime would be the best news ever!

I'm an old man and I hate it.
season 13 GIF

With the massive success that Amazon has been for TNF this year and the way TV content is consumed now, I don't really see a different between Amazon, CBS, NBC, ESPN and Fox to be honest. In fact, Amazon sports is probably going to be easier for more people to access and will have more avenues of which to acces it through mobile and tablet as pretty much everyone already pays for Amazon Prime. Plus, it doesn't rely on distributors that potentially black out certain networks (Comcast is currently in dispute with FOX and it's probably going to black out the network soon, just like Dish did last year). Add to all this, that Amazon could very likely get the rights to NFL Sunday Ticket, which is only going to attract more people to it.
Rumor has it that Apple is a player for NFLST. They have ~$150b cash on hand and such a move makes AppleTV important.

I think its safe to assume that Amazon and Disney Plus have the widest reach. Lump in Apple and its deep pockets and those could be the Big3 or Big2 that end up owning the lions share of important media rights. I think the future sees the major networks based on linear broadcast lose their power. NBC tapped out decades ago. CBS is on the verge of being less relevant after the SEC sunsets with them. If the entirety of the NFL moves to a pay only stream like Amazon thats the day things flip.

The problem for Disney Plus is they are already tied up in a big Tv deal with the SEC and a lessor one with the ACC. They already have content whereas Amazon Prime and Apple have cash and space to fill.

Last edited:
Y’all “pride and tradition” dinosaurs can hope and plead that CU ends up back in the B12 and on ****ty time slots on FS1 for less money.

CU and Coach Prime are gonna end up on Amazon in 1/2 of all US households for huge dollar figures.

Embrace the future.

I have cut the cord. Right now, I have fubo, which is fine, except when it's not working, which happened during the World Cup semis between France and Morocco.

However, fubo also doesn't carry everything, plus, tbh, it costs so much that I'm fairly certain that between it and Sling (fubo doesn't carry the real Pac-12 network), I'm paying more than I would be with a satellite or Comcast.

Flipping between fubo and Sling is a pita, too, because both take a ****-ton of time to load on my android TV. (Sony Bravia)

You know what service doesn't have any of those problems? Prime. I've never had Prime **** out on me, it's basically free because I use the **** of its shipping benefits, and it's about the smoothest running streaming app around.

The only thing is that it benefits The Walking Penis Bezos.

But you can't have everything. It's a great deal for the conference, and anyone who can't see that is either short-sighted or old-fashioned.

I have cut the cord. Right now, I have fubo, which is fine, except when it's not working, which happened during the World Cup semis between France and Morocco.

However, fubo also doesn't carry everything, plus, tbh, it costs so much that I'm fairly certain that between it and Sling (fubo doesn't carry the real Pac-12 network), I'm paying more than I would be with a satellite or Comcast.

Flipping between fubo and Sling is a pita, too, because both take a ****-ton of time to load on my android TV. (Sony Bravia)

You know what service doesn't have any of those problems? Prime. I've never had Prime **** out on me, it's basically free because I use the **** of its shipping benefits, and it's about the smoothest running streaming app around.

The only thing is that it benefits The Walking Penis Bezos.

But you can't have everything. It's a great deal for the conference, and anyone who can't see that is either short-sighted or old-fashioned.
Fubo has sling in its sports tier now.

Would be fantastic. Right back into bars that don’t have a Comcast option, more money, better start times. The most underrated part of all of this is that this is just the start of live sports on prime video so it could take off over the next 10 years. Just wish Amazon would try to keep UCLA and USC in the conference and say something along the lines of “we will pay to keep you all competitive with the big 10 and sec” because that is what will keep your product competitive nationally.

Could be good. Could be bad for visibility (no channel surfing from other casual football fans). Risk worth taking obviously if the money is right and there's no other options.
no channel surfing, but amazon would be pushing notifications to its 150 million subs (plus international?) about watching the games.

Could be good. Could be bad for visibility (no channel surfing from other casual football fans). Risk worth taking obviously if the money is right and there's no other options.

This is the big drawback since it's a different app from where all the other games will be on but for turning on a CU game it's fine once you're there because I'm not channel surfing anyway during our game. And any other Pac12 games worth watching are almost always on one of the Fox or ESPN networks anyway, or CBS if this ends up happening.

This wouldn't be the best option but it's far better than what we have now, that's for sure.

If Amazon wants to pay up for naming rights, why would you want an out?
I want the option of an out. It’s going to feel a little silly to be playing in Prime Stadium if a few years down the line Coach Prime is raiding the CU roster on his way to some other job.

I want the option of an out. It’s going to feel a little silly to be playing in Prime Stadium if a few years down the line Coach Prime is raiding the CU roster on his way to some other job.
If Amazon wants to pay CU $5M per year to call it Primetime Memorial Stadium at Folsom Field then you take that money straight to the bank.

College football is now all about who has the most cash. It sucks and I hate it, buts it's the reality. If you want to win, you do what is necessary to keep filling the coffers. If a company with pockets like Amazon wants to help you towards that goal, you lock that down for as long as humanly possible.

If Amazon wants to pay CU $5M per year to call it Primetime Memorial Stadium at Folsom Field then you take that money straight to the bank.

College football is now all about who has the most cash. It sucks and I hate it, buts it's the reality. If you want to win, you do what is necessary to keep filling the coffers. If a company with pockets like Amazon wants to help you towards that goal, you lock that down for as long as humanly possible.
Sure if Amazon is the only available option. If there’s someone else who will pay for naming rights that don’t include a former coach’s name I’d want that option.

This is the big drawback since it's a different app from where all the other games will be on but for turning on a CU game it's fine once you're there because I'm not channel surfing anyway during our game. And any other Pac12 games worth watching are almost always on one of the Fox or ESPN networks anyway, or CBS if this ends up happening.

This wouldn't be the best option but it's far better than what we have now, that's for sure.

The channel surfing thing only matters if you have a live sports service like fubo or hulu. Otherwise, you're still going in and out of apps like Fox Sports, Paramount+, and whatever the **** ESPN's on.

I can't stress enough - Prime's basically free, and the service is about as good as it gets. And, as someone already noted, if they stay outbidding ESPN for other conferences, it's a great deal.

Back