What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

Yes, and if Coach Prime has an amazing career here and they want to rename it Prime Field upon his death I’m cool with that.

blinking-eyes-huh.gif

I can't believe any Buffs fan would object to it if Amazon came in with millions to buy naming rights. It could make sense for them if they're buying Pac broadcast rights to go with their Coach Prime docuseries. Let's hope it happens.

Not to mention
I can't believe any Buffs fan would object to it if Amazon came in with millions to buy naming rights. It could make sense for them if they're buying Pac broadcast rights to go with their Coach Prime docuseries. Let's hope it happens.
Not to mention CP mentioned during his interview with Sharpe that a second season is in the works for his first season at CU.

Folsom Field was named after Fred Folsom in 1944, the year he died. Google is your friend.
You misinterpreted my gif. It’s not about my lacking of knowledge of Fred Folsom. It’s in my disbelief that you want to change Folsom Field into something else.

I believe we can all agree Folsom Field at Prime stadium would work, but Prime Field. **** off. This will forever be Folsom.

You misinterpreted my gif. It’s not about my lacking of knowledge of Fred Folsom. It’s in my disbelief that you want to change Folsom Field into something else.

I believe we can all agree Folsom Field at Prime stadium would work, but Prime Field. **** off. This will forever be Folsom.
Semantics, relax bro.

ESPN thought they could low ball the Pac 12 (they did), but George K has played this well, it seems.

It'll be interesting if ESPN doesn't get any Pac 12 games and how they fill that late night content that they need. Maybe they move some more Big 12 games later?

Either way, getting in with Amazon with only 5 or so years seems ideal in the short term. I'd be happy if this materialized.

Serious question. How is ESPN screwing up?
Do you remember when MTV used to be relevant back when they actually showed music videos?

ESPN is hell bent on becoming the TMZ of sports.

To their producers: Just because the top 5% of off the field drama gets interested eyeballs, it doesn’t mean most people give a **** about the other 95%.

Serious question. How is ESPN screwing up?
Caveat that this is my personal subjective bias, but I used to watch ESPN ALL the time. I rarely watched anything else. Now, I watch live sporting events, and SVP's Sportcenter. I can't be the only one. Their talking head shows are unbearable. Sportcenter is largely unbearable too, they spend about 5 minutes an hour talking about actual games. I do like SVP though.

Do you remember when MTV used to be relevant back when they actually showed music videos?

ESPN is hell bent on becoming the TMZ of sports.

To their producers: Just because the top 5% of off the field drama gets interested eyeballs, it doesn’t mean most people give a **** about the other 95%.

The value of ESPN in a post-internet video world is in live sports. It is no longer feasible to draw in the needed viewership numbers by focusing on highlights and straightforward news reporting like it was even a decade ago. Personalities drive engagement and that is what ESPN taps be it in their hosts or the topics they cover.

The value of ESPN in a post-internet video world is in live sports. It is no longer feasible to draw in the needed viewership numbers by focusing on highlights and straightforward news reporting like it was even a decade ago. Personalities drive engagement and that is what ESPN taps be it in their hosts or the topics they cover.
I agree with the live sports.

Caveat that this is my personal subjective bias, but I used to watch ESPN ALL the time. I rarely watched anything else. Now, I watch live sporting events, and SVP's Sportcenter. I can't be the only one. Their talking head shows are unbearable. Sportcenter is largely unbearable too, they spend about 5 minutes an hour talking about actual games. I do like SVP though.

You're definitely not the only one. The thing is, I still think there's a sizeable market for the traditional style SportsCenter with actual highlights, showing a brief box score, current standings, etc. despite everyone having smartphones.

This. I usually ignore the play by play announcer and color analyst during live games anyway, so the sports talk shows don't really have a chance with me.

You're definitely not the only one. The thing is, I still think there's a sizeable market for the traditional style SportsCenter with actual highlights, showing a brief box score, current standings, etc. despite everyone having smartphones.
Yes, I do want to watch highlights on my awesome 70 inch TV and not on my 5.5 inch smartphone.

Highlights of most games from most sports around the world are on Youtube within the day, or day after, it took place. And, you don't have to listen to a host anchor put in his 2 cents. I usually watch a handful of NBA games per week, but will also watch the 9-10 minute highlight videos of the other games the NBA puts up on Youtube the next day.

Highlights of most games from most sports around the world are on Youtube within the day, or day after, it took place. And, you don't have to listen to a host anchor put in his 2 cents. I usually watch a handful of NBA games per week, but will also watch the 9-10 minute highlight videos of the other games the NBA puts up on Youtube the next day.

Sure, highlights of everything are available eventually but the average sports fan isn't going to go out there and search for highlights of every game played that day. SC brought it to you, which is why it was such a great show. An example of a good highlights show still around is College Football Final. They show highlights of most P5 and relevant games that were played and a few coaches interviews from the biggest games, and they never spend an extraordinary amount of time on 1 game.

does anyone know why Amazon wouldn't want Pac 12 games in the late night time slot?

that's some fairly hardcore NBA fandom there

If Amazon had the Pac12, they would almost assuredly try to have a game in every time slot, unless this is something the University presidents are against for some reason.
ok, I thought part of the rumored deal was no late night games. what am I missing here?

Back