What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

Well, the last thing I want is CU signing on with the Conference from Deliverance in any fashion other than for pure expediency, and with a built in escape hatch if the B1G or SEC come calling. My fear is that now that SC has pretty much screwed everyone in the Pac, save fUCLA, should the B1G take UO, UW, or by some stretch Stanford and Cal, the dented washtub that represents the Pac12 ship of state becomes a piece of driftwood. Then CU and the few others with enough clout have to go to Goober the Truck Stop 12 commissioner with hat in hand. That would be bad.

EDIT: what creebuzz said, only better and more succinctly.
I'm fine with joining the Big 12 as long as we are not married to it. And there are probably other member institutions that don't want to be married to it either (KU, Okie Lite, Baylor - because they don't think they are Baylor).

Given our history with contract negotiations, I'm confident we can join the Big 12 without completely f*cking over the future of the program.

i know carzano and wilder are considered feckless mouth pieces for official pac propaganda but what they are saying out of vegas makes a whole lot more sense than what that west vagina twat and the other haters are saying.

i am ready to believe our hacks over their hacks.

Remain Calm All Is Well GIF

I cannot stand the idea of rejoining the Big12 because I will not, under any circumstances, stomach the pretension that CU is equals with BYU, Baylor, SMU, or TCU.

I cannot stand the idea of rejoining the Big12 because I will not, under any circumstances, stomach the pretension that CU is equals with BYU, Baylor, SMU, or TCU.
Without taking the time to look it up, I'd bet that at least two and possibly three of those schools are ranked higher than us at the undergrad level. Sharing an athletic conference does not equate to being "equals" academically, just as we aren't (anywhere close to being) equals with Stanford or Berkeley now.

there are worse outcomes than paired with the sheep in a salvaged pac. they may be semi-literate pig ****ers but they are still better than west virginia, kjuco state, ucf, and the other truck stop 12s.
I don’t give a **** if they’re a bunch of “truck stops”. I want to be in a conference with schools that hang their hat on winning games and not prestige and research.

Who gives a shyt
I despise the Chiefs and Raiders more than any team in the Big12 and it is what it is
We can be the big smart dog in a trailer park conference
Just let it happen

Without taking the time to look it up, I'd bet that at least two and possibly three of those schools are ranked higher than us at the undergrad level. Sharing an athletic conference does not equate to being "equals" academically, just as we aren't (anywhere close to being) equals with Stanford or Berkeley now.
Or USC or UCLA from the days when they were part of the conference

You forgot ksujc, Cincy, Houston, wvujc, and ucf.

I look down on all.
Looking Up And Down Mr Deeds GIF by Laff

If the offer was anywhere near the Big XII offer there wouldn’t be nearly this much legitimate smoke abut the four corners schools going to the Big XII. I really like Mandel but he’s drinking the same kool aid that Canzano and Wilmer are drinking. Another tell is that Canzano mentions Colorado State as a candidate. The only way Colorado State is a PAC XII candidate is if the four corners schools leave. That may get mentioned to Canzano in passing with a source but it means the PAC is doing contingency planning.

I was not referring to being equivalent academically for undergrads.

Those should not be the institutions to which CU wants to be peers. Stanford and Berkeley certainly are.

What does being a peer of Stanford have to do with winning football games?

They’re back to dumpster fire Furd so beating them is easier now

Damnit Randall come on man, stop hanging out with those B12 hoodlums and sign the pledge to your team

Back