What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

I cannot stand the idea of rejoining the Big12 because I will not, under any circumstances, stomach the pretension that CU is equals with BYU, Baylor, SMU, or TCU.
To a lot of folks that don't respect or like CU, it's this kind of attitude that makes them believe CU grads are unjustifiably haughty. I promise you that an SMU degree has more cachet in most parts of Texas than a CU degree does; the same goes for a BYU degree in Utah. (Grades being equal, etc.) CU is a fine school, but overrating it comes off as provincial and odd.

Last edited:
Said the ASU fan...
HA !! Mrs. PAHI is a U of A grad and rarely gets too emotional about sports but the terms Scum Devils, Goddam ASU, or "Pieces of **** from Tempe" flow freely out of her otherwise G-rated vocabulary if the ASU fork appears on TV in any form. It's a real thing.

Last edited:
Personally just don't care anymore and will wait and see what shakes down, but whatever process that involves building up the hopes and dreams of CSU fans only for them to get their hearts ripped out once again is something I can get on board with

We start kicking ass and competing for ncs we can go to the ****ing sec if need be. There are probably 10 schools in the sec less sucky than West Virginia and ucf and k state.

Also let’s please compare national championships In football between the pac remnants and this thing they are calling the big 12.

this is the truth. how can an assortment of cast-offs, never-were's, and wanna-be's be STRONGER than the pac?????

Mandel is a moron. The B12 is stronger than the PAC because it's not falling apart, it's members are more or less centrally located, it has a TV deal, and its member schools are located in parts of the country in which there's strong support for football. As such it presents a reliably stable product for a broadcaster, at least for the foreseeable future.

You can argue that the B12 populations could be better from a broadcaster/advertiser's point of view, but in terms of certainty and stability the B12 right now is a Rock of Gibraltar compared to the PAC10. The broadcast community is voting with its feet and its dollars.

I don’t really get your point. Do you love watching CU vs Stanford? What rivalries did CU develop in the Pac 12? Also not sure what your last sentence means.
I love that were aligned with Stanford. I live playing UW, Oregon, ASU. The west coast is a vastly better cultural and philosophical fit to CU then any other conference Include the B1G and SEC.

There are no rivalries in the Big12.

UCF or USF built their first on campus dorms in 2005/2006.

Our Rivals are coming with us
Utah - RED, ugghh
ASU - Hurley, ugggh
Arizona - Shytty Basketball fans
We good, We comin
We will recruit all their best players away from their towns
Edwards out of Kansas, Houston kids, Florida kids, We come get them
Research will be fine, let's just not kill all the momentum we just got

I love that were aligned with Stanford. I live playing UW, Oregon, ASU. The west coast is a vastly better cultural and philosophical fit to CU then any other conference Include the B1G and SEC.

There are no rivalries in the Big12.

UCF or USF built their first on campus dorms in 2005/2006.
We are in the same athletic conference as Stanford. That’s where the alignment begins and ends, and they are likely leaving the Pac at the first chance they get as well.

The west coast football affiliation has been nothing but an abject disaster for CU.

CU’s academic and athletic prestige have plummeted since joining the Pac 12.

There are no rivals in the Pac 12 and the games are usually a very stale environment.

Who cares about dorms?

I was going to post that Rece said that at the start of Gameday this morning.

I think Mandel's tweet is spot on about how the Big 12's stability by virtue of having a collection of members the B1G and SEC don't want has strangely made it more valuable than the ACC or P12 which are mostly more valuable member schools than anything in the B12.

My best guess on P12 today is that whether or not it stays together is driven by the B1G. No one is leaving for the B12 as a first mover. The B12 is a backup plan.

Worst case for CU is if the B1G goes to 20 via UO, UW, Cal and Stanford.

Last edited:
It amazes me how the arrogance that got your conference in this mess to begin with still exists today.

You still contend the PAC schools are more valuable than the Big 12 schools? We'll the major media outlets don't agree with that. Judging by attendance, the fans who show up to your games don't agree with that. And judging by TV ratings, the fans across the country who watch the games don't agree with that.

Nevertheless, while your conference is circling the drain, you still look down your nose at the Big 12 "truck stop" conference.

You better pray the Big 12 lets Colorado back in. There aren't an unlimited number of spaces available.

Who cares about dorms?
Because commuter schools are glorified community colleges that have alums that dont really give a ****. Their alums lived at home or with family or in an apartment while working and attending college. There were no frats and very little sports. They didnt make friends and build a connection to the school because they never lived on campus.

Which leads to games against them being on TV only in Tampa and Denver. TV doesnt like to give money towards those games because nobodies ****ing watching. Thats poor exposure. Houston and Cincinnati potentially have this problem too because theyre regional interests at best. There are others.

Go ahead and point out that Stanford and Cal have terrible attendance. They chose to have poor football which is something they can change now that they are threatened. But here is the difference: they are the biggest deal in their TV market, the Bay Area. They are not 4th and 5th to UT, OU, and A&M like all the Big12 is. Sure, they might not change. But they also could.

Last edited:
It amazes me how the arrogance that got your conference in this mess to begin with still exists today.

You still contend the PAC schools are more valuable than the Big 12 schools? We'll the major media outlets don't agree with that. Judging by attendance, the fans who show up to your games don't agree with that. And judging by TV ratings, the fans across the country who watch the games don't agree with that.

Nevertheless, while your conference is circling the drain, you still look down your nose at the Big 12 "truck stop" conference.

You better pray the Big 12 lets Colorado back in. There aren't an unlimited number of spaces available.
I can see arguments for both sides, but let’s stick to the facts. The PAC 12 schools TV ratings are better than the Big 12. The data has been posted several times in this thread.

I embrace your hate. It must hurt knowing what we know— the truck stop 12 will take us back no matter how much we pee in your wheaties. You like the abuse.

The rumors of expansion seem to be misplaced to me. Networks are already saying they are not paying for addition schools joining the B12. The PAC 12 expanding before have a contract and knowing the impact of additional mouths to feed seems like a bad business decision. Things have flipped, expansion now only makes sense if you bring in a team that will bring eyeballs - Florida State, Clemson, etc.

We are already seeing a small appetite on part of the networks to spent more money on college football so adding teams just cuts our split smaller. ESPN and Fox are not going to go "now you have SDSU so of course we will give you $120 million more per year"

First toothless, mullet wearing trailer dweller Pope in my lifetime.

Because commuter schools are glorified community colleges that have alums that dont really give a ****. Their alums lived at home or with family or in an apartment while working and attending college. There were no frats and very little sports. They didnt make friends and build a connection to the school because they never lived on campus.

Which leads to games against them being on TV only in Tampa and Denver. TV doesnt like to give money towards those games because nobodies ****ing watching. Thats poor exposure. Houston and Cincinnati potentially have this problem too because theyre regional interests at best. There are others.

Go ahead and point out that Stanford and Cal have terrible attendance. They chose to have poor football which is something they can change now that they are threatened. But here is the difference: they are the biggest deal in their TV market, the Bay Area. They are not 4th and 5th to UT, OU, and A&M like all the Big12 is. Sure, they might not change. But they also could.
You are delusional about what matters and the general landscape of college football in 2023

This, along with other schools considered, makes absolutely no sense. Why try to be stronger by taking weaker, lesser brands?!?!
unless some of the **** coming out of the b12 ****ers is true... maybe these are replacements for teams considering leaving the pac...

unless some of the **** coming out of the b12 ****ers is true... maybe these are replacements for teams considering leaving the pac...
Just because there are more members, doesn't mean everybody will get more money in a GoR negotiation. The networks or streamers can negotiate for eight strong brands and then not have to worry or share in for ****ty CSU vs SDSU game packages. If there are only eight, e.g., members of the PAC, we could book more strong, high visibility (valuable), OOC opponents. Maybe in 2030 then this can be tightened up. Don't panic and take leftovers that have to be fed

I embrace your hate. It must hurt knowing what we know— the truck stop 12 will take us back no matter how much we pee in your wheaties. You like the abuse.
hillbillies GIF

Don't be so sure, stranger.

I can see arguments for both sides, but let’s stick to the facts. The PAC 12 schools TV ratings are better than the Big 12. The data has been posted several times in this thread.
When you compare apples to apples, that is when you control for the timeslots and the networks broadcasting the games, the PAC ratings don't come close to the Big 12. That's why the media outlets are offering the PAC a crappy package, and that's why your conference is on its deathbed.

Would you feel better in we called it Buc-ee's Conference? The Big12 will take us back whenever we want.

When you compare apples to apples, that is when you control for the timeslots and the networks broadcasting the games, the PAC ratings don't come close to the Big 12. That's why the media outlets are offering the PAC a crappy package, and that's why your conference is on its deathbed.
The data that I referenced compared apples to apples by network. It did not solve for time slot.

Can I see your data? That would be helpful.

Back